• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2017 Press Conference Thread | Iconic IP [Over]

What unexpected announcement are you hoping for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does Ubisoft having the best conference of E3 say more about Ubi or this E3?

Probably the latter. It still feels like things haven't really started.

Feels like the conference schedule is really spread out too. I don't remember there being a whole day gap between two of the Big 3 before.

thefro

Probably the latter. It still feels like things haven't really started.

Feels like the conference schedule is really spread out too. I don't remember there being a whole day gap between two of the Big 3 before.

I like it better spread out since I'm not watching stuff all day and have time to digest things.

Yes, this was easily the best conference so far.

mas8705

Before the conference, I said that Ubisoft had the chance to step it up and come out on top depending on what they had. It is good to know that they have succeeded in where other conferences had either slipped up, or left us asking for more.

While we know Sony is going to have a good show in about 2 1/2 hours, definitely alot more people will be watching that conference now with great anticipation.

Myriadis

I really liked that one. There are actually games I'm interested in, and even the ones I normally don't care about like Far Cry they made it look like fun.

Griss

I'd like to know people's ratings of this conference if you were to take out BG&E2 because it feels like everyone is grading on a curve due to The Shenmue Effect.

Mario x Rabbids looked excellent.
Assassin's Creed looks good, if a little stale, but it's a good setting for it.
The Crew 2 looked outstanding.
South Park looked outstanding.
Skull and Bones is unfortunately multiplayer, but I still love the look of it and am excited to try it.
Far Cry 5 was impressive, even if I have doubts about the setting and lack of verticality.

So there was a ton of stuff I liked there, far more than in either of EA or MS's conferences.

bunkitz

Ubi's conference was really good. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it was the best show overall so far, but it was certainly consistently good. Just Dance was weird, as usual, but eeh. And I'm surprised at how fun Mario + Rabbids looks like! It's gotten me quite excited, and to be honest, it's probably my primary reason for getting a Switch now. Not that that's happening anytime soon... *sighs*

A huge disappointment, though, was that we didn't get a CGI trailer for Assassin's Creed Origins. Anybody know what's up with that? It was a little weird not seeing it at the Microsoft conference, but I expected it would show up here. Real shame.

Fractured But Whole doesn't seem as funny as The Stick of Truth, or, at least not as its previous trailer/s. Still, looked like a lot of fun! The mobile South Park game's cool too. That was pretty smart of them.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 was exciting to see, even though I never played the original. Hearing them talk about it after, though... "Play the adventure by yourself or with friends in a vast and seamless online playground." That's a huge letdown. It sounds like an online multiplayer or semi-MMO (a la Destiny/The Division) thing.

Top Bottom