• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2017 Press Conference Thread | Iconic IP [Over]

What unexpected announcement are you hoping for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JayBabay

BGE2 was the only game that was interesting for me personally. Steep dont care, ACO didnt impress yesterday and failed to today, Rabids is cool but meh, Crew 2 looked like it has potential but with GT Sport coming out not sure i'll split between two racers, finally a pirate game but its pvp so im out. Come on Sony.

Well I'm not a fan of all of the games but when I went back to compare I thought, okay, Battlefront 2 was all I liked from EA, Anthem and Forza from Microsofts, nothing from Bethesda. Whereas, here, I can see myself playing Beyond Good and Evil, South Park and Far Cry 5, and possibly Rabids but only for handheld. I don't have interest in Crew, AC, or the pirate game but those other games as a whole left a good impression.

Real Hero

DerZuhälter;240352913 said:
How is this 6/10? This was CG stuff, trash and Far Cry. 3/10 at best.
Miyamoto, Rabbids, new south park, dancing panda, new games, beyong good and evil finally, emotions​,

So much better than anything so far

Don't like xcom or The Crew. Skull and Bones no SP. Not really feeling asscreed or Far Cry. Not a fan if sports games ( Steep). Never played the first South Park. Not big on turn based combat.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 was huge. Instantly made it the best confernce so far. Worried about it being online.

Sony save us tho.

Nkcell

Assassin's Creed gameplay is pretty meh. It looks just like every other AC game. They spent 2-3 years "redesigning" what exactly?

I'm going to be a downer here and say that only Mario & Rabbids really impressed me. I was over the moon for BG&E2 but then came 'online playground'. Not much hope for a sp experience there anymore.
Same, Skull and Bones briefly excited me until if was some For Honor multiplayer stuff too, ugh.

Maybe it's because the other conferences so far have ranged from decent to nothing to write home about, but I was really impressed by this. Ubi's shows are usually pretty awkward and I'm not into most of their main franchises, but this was well-paced, didn't wear out its welcome, and they had two killer announcements that looked great with Mario + Rabbids and BG&E. Plus South Park. Solid 7/10 from me.

kizmah

I liked the conference overall and it was really touching to see Ancel cry with joy. But, this "shared world" shit is getting out of hand. I'm hygely disapointed with Skull & Bones and BGE2 as I was really hoping for proper sp-experiences.

C'mon mate it wasn't that bad imo.

For all I know BGE 2 disappears again for 5 years and reappears with another CG trailer. You get no points for the big ending showpiece. Skull & Bones and the Toys to Life shit looked terrible.
And all the other stuff was known or super meh.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
who's this dude on the youtube E3 stream!?!?!? a D for ubisoft!?!?!?

after what we've seen so far!?

I definitely understand why people are disappointed. Cool looking pirate game that's multiplayer focused. Cool looking sci-fi space game that features skylanders/amiibo ships. A version of Beyond Good and Evil 2 that doesn't address the cliffhanger at the end of the first game since it's a prequel, plus it has online content of some kind.

Mario x Rabbids was the most interesting game shown for me.

Letting myself breathe for a moment, this was a fun conference. Like every conference, there's bound to be games that on't interest me but as long as the presenters are having fun and the games look fun for someone, then I still consider things are going well. One thing you can say about Ubisoft is that they have fun at E3, whether it appeals to us or not.

Overall, it gets a solid B. Yeah, Beyond Good & Evil 2 made me literally jump for joy but there was also plenty of stuff that I personally don't care for. That said, it was a fun one to watch so I dug it.

Ubisoft has won me over with so many of the games covered today. I already had a strong interest in Battle Kingdom and Far Cry 5, but getting to see some gameplay for them took my hype over the edge and made them guaranteed Day One purchases.

I wasn't a fan of the first BGE, and I've never played an AC game, so I'm still on the fence for both. Need to see some gameplay for BGE2 before I form an opinion, and AC.. idk, it looks like it could be fun, but I'll probably just wait for a sale. There's a lot of other stuff going on around that release window.

LotusHD

Banned
Sony save us tho.

Yea, I'm a little interested in the Rabbids and DBZ games, but other than that, haven't had any interest in anything else shown so far. Sony and Nintendo only things left I can see giving me more than one game to genuinely look forward to.

Conference was cool tho

Robbok

Holy shit at that pirate game... I wanted this soo bad since black flag.
Also Good&Evil2, it looks gorgeous, i totally loved the first one.
solid conference, as expected.
i never understood all the hate ubisoft gets

Kadayi

Banned
I'm not sure if a sweary urban monkey is quite what I was expecting from a sequel to a game that I'm pretty sure was age 7+, but I guess I'll roll with it until more details are available. However, prequel and no Jade are dampers. Still good to finally see something.

Swass

Mario Rabbids RTS is the first game that makes me want a Switch before it's revised.. Odyssey will probably put me over..

Great conference, at least 5 games I'm excited about.. 8.5/10.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
EA: 3/10
Microsoft: 2/10
Bethesda: 6/10
Ubisoft: 7/10

Far Cry 5 and South Park, Crew 2 and Mario/Rabbids and Beyond Good and Evil 2 are all big winners in my book. Pirate game looks pretty good too. Loses big points for Ass Creed looking ass.

My Grade: C+

Decent Show. Mario & Rabbids looked pretty cool. And of course the megaton of BG&E2. Skull & Bones has me intruiged. Far Cry 5 looked pretty nice but never played a FC game before so not terribly hyped.

The rest didn't interested. Best show of the conference but that's not really saying much. Overall E3 has been very underwhelming this year.

Kayhan

Anyone watching the Ass Creed live feed?

That water and hippo action. Game is gorgeous.

I wanted him to stop beating on the hippo.

jett

D-Member
Ubisoft loves CGI trailers way too much.

It was an okay show. I feel more apprehensive about BGE2 the more I think about it.

Crosseyes

Banned
Skull and Bones looks way more interesting than Sea of Thieves. Not to mention game play systems even more deep and fun than Rare showed by an enormous margin. Black flag pirating was so fun that this seems like a perfect idea.

Van Bur3n

Can't say I saw anything that interested me. Far Cry 5 maybe, but who knows. Found it quite average. They showed cool games that I'm sure a lot of people are interested in, but none are for me.

Seems to be the case for every one of these conferences with a few exceptions within each one. Feel like I'm wasting my time watching at this point.

Holy shit at that pirate game... I wanted this soo bad since black flag.
Also Good&Evil2, it looks gorgeous, i totally loved the first one.
solid conference, as expected.
i never understood all the hate ubisoft gets

It was CG.

Nkcell

Ubisoft has won me over with so many of the games covered today. I already had a strong interest in Battle Kingdom and Far Cry 5, but getting to see some gameplay for them took my hype over the edge and made them guaranteed Day One purchases.

I wasn't a fan of the first BGE, and I've never played an AC game, so I'm still on the fence for both. Need to see some gameplay for BGE2 before I form an opinion, and AC.. idk, it looks like it could be fun, but I'll probably just wait for a sale. There's a lot of other stuff going on around that release window.

That completely generic Farcry gameplay made it day 1 for you?

wouwie

So sad there was no Trials news :( I guess that franchise is going to die at Ubisoft.

Other than that, no game that interested me other than BG&E2, which seemed in very early stages of development, with basically nothing to show yet.

Don't like xcom or The Crew. Skull and Bones no SP. Not really feeling asscreed or Far Cry. Not a fan if sports games ( Steep). Never played the first South Park. Not big on turn based combat.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 was huge. Instantly made it the best confernce so far.

Sony save us tho.

A CG trailer (albeit entertaining) but with no sign of gameplay of how it looks or plays and a mention of online playground was not a good sign. It's a bit playing with fans hearts when they had nothing solid or real to show yet again.

Top Bottom