• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2017 Press Conference Thread | Iconic IP [Over]

What unexpected announcement are you hoping for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Ubisoft loves CGI trailers way too much.

It was an okay show. I feel more apprehensive about BGE2 the more I think about it.

Don't worry, you won't need to worry for too long once Vivendi do a hostile takeover of Ubisoft and end up cancelling it.

hopefully I'm talking complete shite

prag16

Banned
No Splinter Cell?

fridge-open-disappointed-walk-away-nothing-1353706092r.gif

Chrisdk

Ubisoft continues disappointing me. It's like they go from "hell yeah this looks awesome" to "fuck no this sounds horrible" when they show the gameplay and talk about what the game actually is. Horrible.

Nameless

BG&E2 feels like R-Rated Guardians of The Galaxy in an open solar system(s). Nuts. The art is exceptional and they're saying all the right things in regards to freedom and fostering a sense of adventure. Hopefully they have more to show at PGW or Gamescom. Not holding my breath, though.

It's the best conference so far (not counting Devolver) by a long shot, but it's still supremely sad to see all this forced multiplayer bs in their games. The only thing I know about BGE1 is that it was a zelda-y type game. That and shared world don't go together. Cmon Ubisoft.

And Skull and Bones looks up my alley, but completely multiplayer. CMON UBISOFT. Will still try it at least.

Nkcell

AC Gameplay is stunning! Really excited about Origins!

It looks pretty bad.

Gating everything behind levels is a good way to turn it into a linear game where you have to access content in order. I mean if you headshot someone 5 levels higher than you, it goes from being an instant kill to taking off literally 1 bar of their 15 bar health meter. This just encourages grinding or going through the game in a set path.

AHA-Lambda

EA 2/10
MS 6/10
Bethesda 6/10
Devolver Digital WTF/10
PC Gamer 4/10
Ubisoft 6/10

I'm downscoring Ubi already :p
the BG&E reveal screams of Shenmue 3 already after Geoff Keighley openly speculating about kickstarter, plus it not having much link with the first anyway when you think about it =/

realwords

Excessive cursing and multi racial, multi cultural focus. It's still BG&E so I'll take it!

Game about multi-ethnic society being taken over by oppressive totalitarian regime receives prequel about multi-ethnic society some corrupt totalitarian regime.

Cosmozone

BGE2 was probably only greenlighted not long ago. Ancel seemed to be pretty moved that he's allowed to make this game. That was an endearing moment. Also, my hope for solid single player mode is pretty high since there's a big story focus.

And AC looks better now, too.

Anybody doing ratings and not including Devolver is invalid. The were amazing and noting will top that.

Ubisoft did alright, seems like how they are every year just this time had the surprise of beyond good and evil two this time.

It looks pretty bad.

Gating everything behind levels is a good way to turn it into a linear game where you have to access content in order. I mean if you headshot someone 5 levels higher than you, it goes from being an instant kill to taking off literally 1 bar of their 15 bar health meter. This just encourages grinding or going through the game in a set path.
You sure know a lot about a game with like 30 minutes of footage to speak of. Dev talked about the skill tree as well, and implied that if you min-maxed you could become pretty strong faster within a certain archetype. More over, they showed the skill tree for the demo and the character didn't specialize in anything.

calm down a bit.

Nkcell

You sure know a lot about a game with like 30 minutes of footage to speak of. Dev talked about the skill tree as well, and implied that if you min-maxed you could become pretty strong faster within a certain archetype. More over, they showed the skill tree for the demo and the character didn't specialize in anything.

calm down a bit.

I'm sure that this 30 minute gameplay trailer is not reflective of the entire game, because Assassin's Creed games are known for having unique and changing gameplay that isn't repetitive or haahahahahaahhaahaha.

Gurish

Have to say the more I think about it, the more I'm pissed about BGE2 re-reveal, CGI trailer, not an actual continuation of the story, multi player focused? no jade? a prequel?

This is everything I didn't want from a BGE sequel, I'm not happy at all about what we've seen there.

I'm sure that this 30 minute gameplay trailer is not reflective of the entire game, because Assassin's Creed games are known for having unique and changing gameplay that isn't repetitive or haahahahahaahhaahaha.
they're also not known to integrate levels, loot, or skills as this game does, and as you were just bitching about.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to know people's ratings of this conference if you were to take out BG&E2 because it feels like everyone is grading on a curve due to The Shenmue Effect.

Top Bottom