• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2017 Press Conference Thread | Iconic IP [Over]

What unexpected announcement are you hoping for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

orochi91

42h5IrN.gif

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

XD

Alebrije

I'd like to know people's ratings of this conference if you were to take out BG&E2 because it feels like everyone is grading on a curve due to The Shenmue Effect.

Conference was fine even before BGE2, Mario game and Far Cry 5 were enought , also for AC fans origins seems good.

Best conference so far.

I'd like to know people's ratings of this conference if you were to take out BG&E2 because it feels like everyone is grading on a curve due to The Shenmue Effect.
I feel like it's the only way to rate them. What and how was presented. It's not like this is some sort of objective score.

Nah, I loved the BGE2 announcement but Mario x Rabbids is legitimately my game of the show so far. That might change in a few hours of course but I thought this entire conference was super impressive and I haven't played a Ubi game since Valiant Hearts.

Robbok

AC got me back!
after black flag i was disappointed by unity. I skipped syndicate as the series got weary to me. But I^m totally hyped for Origins.
Ancient Egypt is a great setting (although i was hoping for a ancient japan/samurai/ninja setting, until the first leaks arrived)
definitely Day one

Too many online games are being announced this E3 and it's bloody depressing.

BG&E 2 has no reason to be an online game ffs
That pirate game looks cool but it's an online playground and it doesn't really need to be
Crew 2, online playground which again it doesn't need to be.

God dammit Ubisoft get your head out of your arse for once.

Kssio_Aug

The best conference in my opinion, besides Wolfenstein 2 still being the game of E3 2017 for me.

- AC Origins seems really good, and I'm glad they changed the game this much! It looks really, really good!
- They listened to people and gave them Beyond Good and Evil 2, and I'm looking forward to it!
- Far Cry 5 I'm a little bit disappointed. Looks fun, but other than the coop in campaign and the new settings, it seems the same thing as FC3~Primal, it needed some changes as AC had.
- South Park, I'm in!
- Skull and Bones... I am not interested to be honest. But that's what people wanted, there it is.

Loved it.

MS need a human element to their show. I get the games games games after the TV TV TV but Christ on a bike was the MS conference dull. Not much point booking a hall if you're just going to press play.

That pirate game looks cool but it's an online playground and it doesn't really need to be

d094c06eb47a4545501089b52c8291ae.jpg

Gotta come out of lurking and rate this conference a Bebe Rexha/10. I can't recall her being that good looking, man.... Whew making a ninja sweat over here!

NotLiquid

Frankly I'm kinda shocked that Ubisoft has had the best conference so far when usually they rank among the worst. Even the typical "Ubi moments" this year only constituted 2-3 minutes of what was an overall solid show. Mario / Rabbids looks great, and fucking Beyond Good & Evil 2 is finally rearing it's head. While I didn't care all too much of a few games that were shown, it was still effective in pushing them out, and ending the conference with the actual developers on stage rather than any celebrities just comes to show how much they're finally "getting" it.

Not going to lie, for as much shit as everyone gave Mario for crossing over with Rabbids, that opening set the stage for the rest of the show. Miyamoto coming with praise to the creative director and seeing his reaction to that was incredibly heartwarming. That's a game that you can tell is being made with passion and love, and that's definitely what I felt was the overall theme of this show.

Well done Ubi.

UrbanRats

Pretty lame conference.

Loved BGE2's trailer, but only a cgi trailer is too little, after all this time.
The rest was pretty unimpressive all around.

Pat

Quite sure you're the one who should remove it, because Ubisoft has never been as successful since they started to make "social" games. Maybe you're not liking it and it's fine, but the market think otherwise.

And btw, some of those games are incredible. I like SP games, but I never had a better experience playing R6: Siege, Division, For Honor with some of my friends online in years.

Pat

Frankly I'm kinda shocked that Ubisoft has had the best conference so far when usually they rank among the worst. Even the typical "Ubi moments" this year only constituted 2-3 minutes of what was an overall solid show. Mario / Rabbids looks great, and fucking Beyond Good & Evil 2 is finally rearing it's head. While I didn't care all too much of a few games that were shown, it was still effective in pushing them out, and ending the conference with the actual developers on stage rather than any celebrities just comes to show how much they're finally "getting" it.

Not going to lie, for as much shit as everyone gave Mario for crossing over with Rabbids, that opening set the stage for the rest of the show. Miyamoto coming with praise to the creative director and seeing his reaction to that was incredibly heartwarming. That's a game that you can tell is being made with passion and love, and that's definitely what I felt was the overall theme of this show.

Well done Ubi.

This. Incredible presentation even if you didn't like some of the games shown.

Quite sure you're the one who should remove it, because Ubisoft has never been as successful since they started to make "social" games. Maybe you're not liking it and it's fine, but the market think otherwise.

And btw, some of those games are incredible. I like SP games, but I never had a better experience playing R6: Siege, Division, For Honor with some of my friends online.

It's relying on other people to have fun while playing. I don't want to rely on randoms or friends for that matter to play a game for a couple of hours, it's annoying.

kizmah

Really solid presentation Ubi. And we got two Ubi developers crying. It's nice to see so much humanity on stage from such a huge company. And I'm so glad the word exclusive was nowhere to be found. Microsoft nearly destroyed the meaning of that word.

I agree that the fact that things are mp only is bad, really kills this conference imo. Stuff that had potential just dies knowing that. Oh well.

This felt like a more personal presentation. No Aisha Tyler. Just Yves and the devs. There weren't many games I'm interested in, but I liked it.

Spladam

Shenmue Effect? Did you SEE that just DANCE routine? Hawt.

Despite that, there was less cringe than we've seen so far, and I liked the look of Crew 2 enough to sign up for the beta.

I'm know I'm getting Far Cry 5, those games have become mandatory for me, I'm a sucker for open world sandboxes.

Edit: Oh, and I found out what a Bebe Rexha is.

Top Bottom