• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft engineer teasing next Prince of Perisa game?

sjay1994

RpqLCZd.png

Could be nothing or something... use discretion first.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well IIRC a couple days ago they were rumored to be doing a new 2D game with the UbiArt Framework (Rayman Legends/Child of Light engine).

dab0ne

I thought I heard it's supposed to be a 2D game using the Rayman Origins engine. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Beaten by seconds.

Cess007

Please, please. Let it be the continuation of PoP2008. I *need* to know what happens with the Prince and Elika!

red731

Over 9000 Ubi people should work on that, otherwise I may reconsider me buying whatever that, what will be shown there, may be. /jk

Fasty

Would love a new 2D PoP game! Wish it was to be hand-animated rather than the puppet-style of the Ubiart engine though

sjay1994

The Prince is now an Assassin and the Dagger is a Piece of Eden.

Thats.... actually how AC was created in the first place.

The games were supposed to be called Prince of Persia: Assassins.

Assassins creed was in many ways the spiritual successor of POP

Vitor711

*It's happening.gif*

Man, what a great series. Can't wait for the next one.

Even the last semi-movie-tie-in-thing was surprisingly great. Loved the PS2 games and massively enjoyed both last gen iterations. I know that AC was meant to be the evolution of that gameplay style but it lost so much of the precision in movement that it became something else entirely.

CamHostage

Ubisoft Reflections is involved? Boy, I don't know, I've been very enticed by the tease and the potential that UbiArt Framework might be employed, but Reflections (love them for what they are) has not had such great luck with character-based action in its vast history. Would love to be proven wrong, however.

RpqLCZd.png

Could be nothing or something... use discretion first.
Shouldn't PoP08 Prince be third in that image and Jake/Prince Dustan be 4th? the sands of time movie came out in 2010.

But anyway, as a fan of Prince of Persia, I hope there is a new one, 4 years without a Prince of Persia game is too long! I've actually started going back to the old games that I missed out on(Mostly the handheld game versions of the PoP games, currently looking to get The Fallen King for Nintendo DS)

Shouldn't PoP08 Prince be third in that image and Jake/Prince Dustan be 4th? the sands of time movie came out in 2010.

But anyway, as a fan of Prince of Persia, I hope there is a new one, 4 years without a Prince of Persia game is too long! I've actually started going back to the old games that I missed out on(Mostly the handheld game versions of the PoP games, currently looking to get The Fallen King for Nintendo DS)

Fallen King was really weird. It wasn't bad, but it was pretty easily one of the worst-controlling games in the series. I really hope we get a sequel to PoP08. I'm surprised at the amount of love it's getting in this thread, I thought it was almost universally hated.

B.O.O.M

I don't care if they go for the art style of 2008 game but stay the hell away from that gameplay

also did Ubi forget their last Prince of Persia game? :p "Forgotten" Sands?

Talon

I've only played the sands of time trilogy, but from what I've seen 2008 is very split with people either loving it or hating it.
It's a gorgeous game with great music. Don't know why people got so hung up on the death mechanic; it was the operative equivalent of restarting with the exception of cutting about 15 unnecessary seconds from it.

That said, I can't help but agree that the gameplay was way too prescriptive, in fact, with the marks on the walls telling you exactly where to go. Even with collecting every single light. There was only one section in the whole game that I was stuck on - in the floating waterfalls area - because I didn't have the right power-up at that point.

The dialogue was great. UC-esque in fact, considering Nolan North was the Prince's voice actor.

I enjoyed it and thought it was a great building block for an improved sequel (in the vein of ACI -> ACII), but, alas, we never got to revisit it.

I don't care if they go for the art style of 2008 game but stay the hell away from that gameplay

also did Ubi forget their last Prince of Persia game? :p "Forgotten" Sands?

What didn't you like about the gameplay? I enjoyed the parkour better than in the Sands of Time trilogy, and I was glad they had Elika grab you if you fell, because I can't tell you how many times I died in Sands of Time and heard "No no no, that's not how the story ended!" and had to wait for my game to reload.

Top Bottom