• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft files new Beyond Good & Evil trademark

MrV4ltor

May 16, 2015
twitter.com
They probably just want to keep the trademark alive. I wouldn't read too much into this.
But why would they apply for clothing and paper (manga or comics) then? Doesn't really make sense to me if they just wanted to protect the original game's trademark.

jelly

Oct 14, 2013
Ubisoft want everything online focused which doesn't excite me much and getting Nintendo on that train, that will interesting to see if they have snapped it up.

jesu

Mar 30, 2014
Doesn't this happen with loads of old games.
Like all of Rare's for example.

Ubisoft want everything online focused which doesn't excite me much and getting Nintendo on that train, that will interesting to see if they have snapped it up.
I see what you did there!

ngower

May 3, 2009
This sequel is going to be the death of me. My poor heart can't take any more of this.

Neoxon

Jul 28, 2013
While it is a good sign, this doesn't equate to a confirmation. Companies renew trademarks for dormant IPs all the time. Until more news comes, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Anarky

Banned
Feb 4, 2016
Man I can't wait to see Gaf's reaction if it's revealed to be an NX timed exclusive.

Justinh

Nov 7, 2013
If it does happen, I hope to effing God it looks nothing like that leaked "footage" from years ago.