• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft files new Beyond Good & Evil trademark

MrV4ltor

After rumors that surfaced earlier this year suggested that Beyond Good & Evil 2 could be an NX exclusive, Ubisoft has now filed a new trademark for the series.
The filing includes Class 9 (game software), Class 41 (online component to game software),Class 16 (paper products), Class 25 (clothing) and Class 28 (games and playthings).

hOcfhwg.png

Could this be related to the Beyond Good & Evil 2 reveal happening soon?

Source

RK128

Nintendo saves the day again :D!

Hope this is announced, as so many want a new Beyond Good & Evil to happen :).

MrV4ltor

They probably just want to keep the trademark alive. I wouldn't read too much into this.

But why would they apply for clothing and paper (manga or comics) then? Doesn't really make sense to me if they just wanted to protect the original game's trademark.

jelly

Ubisoft want everything online focused which doesn't excite me much and getting Nintendo on that train, that will interesting to see if they have snapped it up.

jesu

Doesn't this happen with loads of old games.
Like all of Rare's for example.

Ubisoft want everything online focused which doesn't excite me much and getting Nintendo on that train, that will interesting to see if they have snapped it up.

I see what you did there!

Zalman

They would've said it was cancelled a long time ago if it wasn't going to happen. Only a matter of time.

Neoxon

While it is a good sign, this doesn't equate to a confirmation. Companies renew trademarks for dormant IPs all the time. Until more news comes, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Top Bottom