• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft greenlights 'personal' game by Alex Hutchinson (FC4/AC3), must pass Editorial

CVG said:
Far Cry 4's Alex Hutchinson is the latest key Ubisoft creative to have a personal game pitch greenlit for development.

The creative director, along with some of his previous Assassin's Creed staff, will form a team to work on "something new" now that their respective triple-A projects have been completed.

"I've got clearance along with a bunch of people from AC3 and AC4 to go off and do something new after [Far Cry 4]," Hutchinson told CVG in a recent interview.

Hutchinson's project came about via Ubisoft Montreal's internal entrepreneurial initiative, under which it encourages key creative staff to pitch new ideas when between projects.

Most notable of Ubisoft's new wave of 'personal projects' is Patrick Plourde's (Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed Broterhood) Child of Light, which has been successful enough to see its team permanently installed at Ubisoft Montreal.

Hutchinson was keen to stress that his own project faces further hurdles before it becomes public reality - including the stringent approval process of Ubisoft's Editorial Team.

However, the creative director revealed that - if all goes well - he's hopeful he'll be able to discuss the project further in the near future.

"There's different pressures on these sorts of projects, but at least at the moment we've got the OK from the studio to try something new," he said.

"Hopefully you're back in a year and I can show you. It won't be finished in a year, but the aim is [to show it]."

Link

Basically, this'll be similar to how Child of Light was made.

i hope u get to take out outposts, climb towers, and find 100 types collectibles.

but in all seriousness i hope it has something to do with UbiArt. We need more games using that.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Alex H kind of has a big mouth but is a smart, creative dude so this could be exciting. Though a little odd he even mentioned the Ubisodt Editorial Team haha.

Still, yah for more pet projects!

Squishy3

i hope it's another dumb ridiculous 80s thing like blood dragon, obviously not blood dragon 2

will keep eye out

Far Cry 3's writer got to do Child of Light which was pretty damn good, so I'm at least holding out hope even if I disagree with nearly everything that comes out of Alex Hutchinson or Jeffrey Yohalem's mouths.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I loved Child of Light, really digging that the company gives their devs the chance to create a smaller scale personal product.

Squishy3

Far Cry 4: Blood Dragon 3 - Vietnam War 2 | Origins
if this does happen i hope they resist the urge to put fortunate son in since apparently every single piece of vietnam media has to have it

i almost quit playing black ops when that song started playing, and then i almost quit again when sympathy for the devil played

It doesn't matter what idea he has, it won't be greenlit unless the following criteria are met:

• Upgrades
  • Collectibles
  • Integrated Microtransactions
  • Asynchronized Phablet play
  • Map fog unlocked through towers/radio stations/satellite

If all of the requirements are met, he can pitch in ANY idea he likes without any form of resistance whatsoever. Typical Ubisoft, always following disgusting trends.

denx

It doesn't matter what idea he has, it won't be greenlit unless the following criteria are met:

• Upgrades
  • Collectibles

If all of the requirements are met, he can pitch in ANY idea he likes without any form of resistance whatsoever. Typical Ubisoft, always following disgusting trends.

not sure if serious

• Upgrades
  • Collectibles

Did Child of Light or Valiant Hearts have any of this? I don't think so.

Top Bottom