• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Has Three Unannounced AAA Games To Release By March 2020

Mista

Banned
ubisoftlogo-1024x576.jpg

Ubisoft announced their financial report today. The company is in some great shape with very good sales, and over 100 million active users across their titles during the last fiscal year. It also showed that Ubisoft has a few secrets up their sleeve as they plan to release three new large scale productions within this fiscal year.

The company recently announced Ghost Recon Breakpoint, the latest entry in the shooter franchise. As you can see from the chart below, it’s not the only big title they plan to have this year apparently. It’s listed beside three as of now unnamed major titles they will release by the end of the fiscal year (which runs January of this year to March of next).

Ubisoft-FY-Results.jpg

Braldryr

Banned
I hope one of them is a new Splinter Cell or possibly a new Rainbow Six.

One if then is Watch Dogs 3 100%

Assassins Creed is a late 2020 cross gen title game, so that's NOT one of them.

Splinter Cell is possibility we will see by the time E3 hits.

Not sure what a 3rd one could be. Maybe Far Cry 6 but honestly that's better off for next gen at this point we already had 2 far cry games in a row 5 and New Dawn.

Codes 208

i was going to assume that Ragnarok was one of those three but I didn’t get the memo that it’s a 2020 rumor. Was expecting another annual release.

MB1

Banned
Watch Dogs 3 is pretty much confirmed, just has to be announced by Ubi, Really hoping for Splinter Cell.

Last edited:
My guess is that's a game set in an interesting looking world that is devoid of all life, style and class, yet populated by a needy bunch of people who constantly need shit fetching but are too bone-idle to do it themselves.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ubisoft has a handful of AAA games, I think we'll witness Prince of Persia at some point.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Let me guess as well:

1) Rayman Raving Rabbids: Kept You Waiting, Huh? NO! But We're Here Anyway Just To Annoy You!
2) Fighter Within VR: Within, Literally! In VR!
3) Just Dance 2019: Or Don't! Nobody's Watchin Anyway!

Warablo

Ghost Recon: Break Point is their announced title. So that leaves 3 unannounced.

Assassins Creed Viking
Watch Dogs 3
Splinter Cell.

ookami

I would love to have Beyond Good and Evil 2 next year. But it was already announced. As Skull & Bones.
Maybe as some said Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I really believe they should leave Splinter Cell for next gen..................Watch Dogs 3 as well.......They could give graphics and physics as was revealed and better than the original WatchDogs and The Division reveals this gen...

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I really believe they should leave Splinter Cell for next gen..................Watch Dogs 3 as well.......They could give graphics and physics as was revealed and better than the original WatchDogs and The Division reveals this gen...
They can do both, dude and it's unlikely with development costs being at an alltime high that they can justify exclusively next gen.

I'd imagine that all games from here on out will support current and next gen systems until we reach a point where Sony and MS just stop manufacturing the current gen base models.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Probably not but I'd take a new Rayman over a new Assassin's Creed any day of the year.

"AAA" relates to big budget, lack of ideas, monotonous XP grinding and microtransactions. And we are supposed to get excited for all this.

Odyssey is the best game in the series and it feels completely new, full of ideas. Up there with BOTW. It's on sale often you should try it instead of talking shit.

Acidizer

Banned
Odyssey is the best game in the series and it feels completely new, full of ideas. Up there with BOTW. It's on sale often you should try it instead of talking shit.

Nah, I played 15 mins of Origins and I wanted to stab myself. Same old shite. Worst £55 I ever spent. Not digging the settings at all. A feudal Japan could pull me back, but they are flogging a dead donkey for me personally. I don't get offended if you dig them but it's turd polishing and cash grabbing on a grand scale at this point. Problem is total apathy, you say it's "totally new"... but it just isn't, is it? :messenger_neutral:

Same tired formula with tweaks.

Last edited:

Hudo

Rayman 4, a UbiArt Framework based Heroes of Might and Magic game and a sequel to Prince of Persia 2008.

thelastword

Banned
They can do both, dude and it's unlikely with development costs being at an alltime high that they can justify exclusively next gen.

I'd imagine that all games from here on out will support current and next gen systems until we reach a point where Sony and MS just stop manufacturing the current gen base models.
Yeah, it's just weird to reboot Splinter Cell this late in the gen, cross gen or not......Rainbow Six made a resurgence, that's good, but that came quite early.....I'm not sure how well a new SC will do now, so late in the gen......I think they should slow down a little, let some of the games cook....

I think Beyond Good and Evil 2 could be a great release right now though, and I hope they have more on that....On some of the other franchises, you don't want to burn them down too fast........Crew 2 and WatchDogs 2 did'nt do as well as they wanted, newer titles there would be too soon........We had so many Farcry games this gen already, AC will AC I guess....Yet I think they should slow down and concentrate on even better quality and perhaps some new IP's for next gen......

No matter what, a new gen is coming, you need to make the investment early to compete.......too many companies just feel they will continue to cash their now-popular titles, but when people grow tired or a franchise gets bad reviews like Fallout or people don't buy, then they go back fiddling papers on their desk......You need to make the investment early and not get complacent that your cash cow will always provide....You need to prepare for the next gen....

As for the OP; I think Ubisoft should remaster the Splinter Cell games, at least 1-3, before they reboot it.......

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ubisoft Paris: Breakpoint
Ubisoft Shanghai: Skull and Bones
Ubisoft Singapore, Skull and Bones.
Ubisoft Toronto: Far Cry 6
Ubisoft Berlin: Far Cry 5.5.5.5.5.5
Ubisoft Reflections: Breakpoint, Far Cry 6, Skull and Bones, doing vehicle physics and simulations.
Ubisoft Leamington, helping Reflections.
Ubisoft Montreal: Assassins Creed Kingdom
Ubisoft Bucharest: Kingdoms and Breakpoint
Ivory Tower: The Crew 2, trying to avoid being shut down
Ubisoft Belgrade: Wildlands DLC, Breakpoint DLC, The Crew 2 DLC
Ubisoft Montpellier: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Ubisoft Annecy: Division 2
Ubisoft Milan: Rabbids Kingdom 2
Ubisoft Barcelona: VR
Ubisoft Sofia: Additional support on Kingdoms
Massive: The Division 2
Ubisoft Kiev: Trials, PC port of Kingdoms
Ubisoft Odesa, helping Kiev.

Ballthyrm

I don't know where they are getting this information from but it is missing quite a lot.
Ubi Reflections just shipped Division 2 for example so i don't see them working on Far Cry 6.

Also it is missing Studios, like Ubi Bordeaux, Ubi Red Storm.
Ubi Paris is still doing Just Dance, and they worked on Mario-Rabbids with Milan so they are probably still doing that.

Ubi Annecy is still supporting Steep too.
It also kinda obvious that Ubi is working on a Watchdog sequel, so there is probably a few studio working on that too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom