• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is bringing Steep, Rayman Legends, Just Dance 2017 to Nintendo Switch

groansey

Given how barren the line-up is, Steep would've made sense for launch day.

I'm guessing the delay is to re-work it to run at a lower spec.

EDarkness

Given how barren the line-up is, Steep would've made sense for launch day.

I'm guessing the delay is to re-work it to run at a lower spec.

Or to improve the game...

They did show it in the quick event trailer. Maybe Ubisoft is gonna do their own little blowout sometime soon.

nampad

Ubisoft is usually pretty good with supporting new platforms. If it will only be these ports and a new Just Dance, it will be pretty disappointing.

Man, if I knew Steep was coming for Switch I may have held off on purchasing it on my Xbox One. That's a fun game and would be good for quick bursts when on the road.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ubisoft is usually pretty good with supporting new platforms. If it will only be these ports and a new Just Dance, it will be pretty disappointing.

There are more games coming from Ubisoft

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-getting-steep-and-rayman-legends-d/1100-6446925/

Ubisoft went on to tease future Switch titles, stating, "These three games are just the beginning. We will share more about other exciting projects for the Nintendo Switch at a later date."

Fularu

Banned
So an ancient port, a dead franchise, and steep. Which I guess someone cares about?

Just Dance is far from a dead franchise. It's a good seller year in, year out. It may be far from its height when the Wii was relevant, but it sells very well for what it costs to make.

plidex

I finally bought Legends on the last PS Store sale. If I knew I would had waited to play it on the Switch, not gonna play it again.

You want to have a chance at selling then at least pick something that could be marketed alongside the launch of the other versions ..."South Park: The Fractured But Whole" being the obvious choice (given the timing of its release, it's simple graphics and far higher chance of appealing to the Nintendo fanbase).

Man, I never thought about South Park. It's so obvious. Get your %$&% together Ubisoft!

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Well Ubisoft got burned on Wii and WiiU with all of their attempts except for Rabbids and Just Dance games, not surprising they won't be trying too hard for the third time.

Rival

Gold Member
Rayman legends is a good enough game but that's the best they can do? Who's going to buy these games? its like they want to purposely fail so they don't have to make games for this system or something. Wouldn't an assassins creed collection or port sell better? Or far cry or something?

Nerazar

Well Ubisoft got burned on Wii and WiiU with all of their attempts except for Rabbids and Just Dance games, not surprising they won't be trying too hard for the third time.

The Wii was the reason Ubisoft was able to do stuff like Assassin's Creed, because the HD-console hardware base was not gaining enough traction ... but I agree with the WiiU part.

For Switch, I might pick up Rayman if it's not too expensive since it has coop play and I never played Legends before. Throw in Rayman Origins and I'll definitely get it :)

If the Rabbids/Mario RPG project is legit, I will give it a chance as well. I like what's in the rumor mill for that game.

EDarkness

I just want to see the trailer for Beyond Good & Evil 2. I think that would generate some hype. Same with Watchdogs 2. I'd consider getting that on the NS if it supported gyro aiming.

Any footage of Steep?

Only in the sizzle reel trailer. There were a few shots of it in action.

Don't bother buying Rayman if it's at full price. Not worth it. It'll hit bargain bin prices within a year or so and will be on sale digitally regularly.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

I'm curious how long 3rd party will last because it seems to be the exact cycle as the wii u. Some questionable games that aren't guaranteed hits or ports of older games.

18-Volt

Wonder why they're so silent on their big projects (Rabbids + Mario, BG&E2). Maybe because they don't really exist?

EDarkness

I'm curious how steep runs on Switch, it has no ps360 version right?
Should be indicator of how switch handles current gen games.

I'm curious, too. There's a couple of seconds in the video I posted above, but that doesn't say much. At least it shows the game, and I'm not sure how it compares to the PS4/XB1 versions.

Not sure how to grab pics from the video, either.

EDarkness

Okay. Ripped a couple of screens of Steep from the video. (At least I think this is Steep....)

5GDtIaj.jpg

d4NeVvg.jpg

Not the most flattering shots, especially since they're taken from a video.

audio_delay

Neo Member
R6 siege with local 8 players would have been great. I think it is a missed opportunity, even if it is scaled down graphically.

I probably would have played Steep at launch on the Switch just for the novelty. If it comes later though, I'd much more likely pick it up at Steam Summer Sale or PS4 sale for like 20-30 bucks.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Okay. Ripped a couple of screens of Steep from the video. (At least I think this is Steep....)

5GDtIaj.jpg

d4NeVvg.jpg

Not the most flattering shots, especially since they're taken from a video.

i'll take it! hope the framerate is good in portable mode

R6 siege with local 8 players would have been great. I think it is a missed opportunity, even if it is scaled down graphically.

R6 or For Honor would be dope on Switch

Top Bottom