• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Lead Designer wishes "a silent hero" would assassinate Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicktatorship

VO0z5J5.png

Terribly inappropriate and quite honestly a dangerous attitude. Who thinks calling for someone's death, especially in a supremely divided political context, is a good idea? It's as stupid as it is hateful, and doesn't belong in our industry.

He probably won't be a Lead Designer at Ubisoft for very long anymore.

While many (maybe even most) people are not happy about Trump potentially becoming President, this guy is clearly overreacting right now.

Armigr

Trump has openly called for the incarceration and death of millions of innocents on multiple counts. While I can't condone the behaviour on display here, I also can't condemn it. These are extremely scary times and it's very human to react to them in extreme ways.

Maxinas

And Trump isn't the first, or the last to have assassination threats. People really need to think twice about their actions.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I understand people's frustrations but this is going way too far.

....yeah some random Ubi devs saying something like this is "too far"....the next US president saying things like this for months was okay for the majority of americans though :-/

Armigr

You can't condemn someone calling for another person's death? Trump is vile - but so is this tweet.

Wanting genuinely abhorrent, inhumane scum like Donald Trump to die is a totally understandable, if extreme attitude to have at a time like this.

I think it's funny that people are saying "He won't be lead designer for long" when Trump is possibly going to be the next U.S. president after having literally expressed positive sentiments towards genocide time and time again. This tweet doesn't even deserve to be a point of contention in light of that.

I honestly can't believe he didn't know better. Seriously. What a complete moron. He'll likely be fired tomorrow. Ubisoft is a machine and he is a tiny cog. He's replaceable.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Father of 2.....lashed out during in a dark moment. Hope this isnt the end for him, obv. it wasnt meant serious.

what an idiot. he should and will be fired for wishing assassination on an american president.

hilary is literally confirmed corrupt politician. no matter what you vote that is a fact.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
The newsworthiness of this needs to be balanced against the fact that we absolutely positively are not going to give a platform to anyone even joking about murdering the president-elect of the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom