• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft livestream teasing Far Cry Primal (Ice Age Far Cry)

Wasp

I hope this is a full length and full budget Far Cry game and not a mini Far Cry spin-off.

Blood Dragon was great but at only 5 hours long it was very fleeting.

jelly

I am a man out of time.

To be celebrated.

tumblr_mfbahie80n1qa70eyo1_500.jpg

jediyoshi

Remember: Kotaku thinks that spoiling Modern Warfare 2 just because the leak is out there constitutes as responsible journalism.

Ah yes, the big Modern Warfare 2 journalism kerfuffle of who gave a shit what the fuck was this actually a thing people cared about.

Xater

Another thing I just started thinking about is language. I doubt Ubisoft will do anything interesting though and everyone will just speak English.

Arion

I hope this is a full length and full budget Far Cry game and not a mini Far Cry spin-off.

Blood Dragon was great but at only 5 hours long it was very fleeting.

I felt Blood Dragon was just about the right length. It was concise and to the point. It didn't carry with it the AAA-bloat all the other Ubi games have. 20 hours of 80's nostalgia/jokes would have been to obnoxious.

BTW you'll notice I tweeted this way before the IGN leak. Tweeted it, not posted it on Kotaku. Because I wasn't 100% sure. BUT HEY WHATEVER GETS US CLICKS.

Look, you're not responsible for Kotaku's reputation, nor is the Kotaku of today the same site as the Kotaku of 4 years ago or whenever the hell Crecente was still there.

Gurish

"Why are you calling me out on my bullshit?"

If you are talking about Jason than you are wrong, he didn't do it "for clicks" (whatever that means, everything in the internet is "for clicks" anyway), it was his story originally.

He should calm down a little though, it's just a random comment on the internet, not a thing to fuss over :)

Hasney

I felt Blood Dragon was just about the right length. It was concise and to the point. It didn't carry with it the AAA-bloat all the other Ubi games have. 20 hours of 80's nostalgia/jokes would have been to obnoxious.

Yeah, still not finished 3 or.4, but have done Blood Dragon 3 times.

Not just the length, but the wonderful tone for me.

Why is the screen shot not ice age?

Also on the internet, how does one come back from being told to calm down without appearing as though they did not calm down, regardless of whether or not they in fact needed to calm down in the first place?

h#shdem0n

Look, you're not responsible for Kotaku's reputation, nor is the Kotaku of today the same site as the Kotaku of 4 years ago or whenever the hell Crecente was still there.

I got the impression he was defending his integrity as a journalist, not Kotaku's reputation as a whole.

KingKong

No language that currently exists. I'm not here to make things happen, I'm just saying that I expect the most lazy route possible being taken in many ways.

I fully expect to have to climb some rickety wooden towers to update my map at least half a dozen times

Savitar

So do you club women and drag them back to the cave or just go at it on the side of a river and prey the T-Rex is amused by the spectacle.

FelipeMGM

Man, I hope Ubi doesnt fuck this using english or any other modern language, but they might be too lazy to create their own language. I see some great potential in this game and since I love FarCry games, IM HYPED!

BTW you'll notice I tweeted this way before the IGN leak. Tweeted it, not posted it on Kotaku. Because I wasn't 100% sure. BUT HEY WHATEVER GETS US CLICKS.

Oooooh tell em J!

Now chill out, just usual internet there

bounchfx

oh crap, that image on the previous page/the ign one is the game..?

:\

I'll wait to see more. not a very appealing first screen Lol

BlackRock

What kind of weapons do you run around with in an Ice Age Far Cry? A club, a spear. Maybe a bow?

Get excited.

I'd guess stone axe, spear, club, stone knife, and a bow. Probably other anachronistic weapons too. But hoping it stays semi historic. We have plenty of pulp fantasy games already.

Top Bottom