• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft livestream teasing Far Cry Primal (Ice Age Far Cry)

kRmzDJW.png

Why is that PEGI 18? Wait, don't tell me.

Another thing I just started thinking about is language. I doubt Ubisoft will do anything interesting though and everyone will just speak English.

it's not just the language. Everything will be just mainstream. it's ubisoft after all. Their target audience is EVERYONE!

sn00zer

it's not just the language. Everything will be just mainstream. it's ubisoft after all. Their target audience is EVERYONE!
Everyone except us hardcore gamers, right guy? More like Ubisoftcore gamers.
lotta people like these games so whatever as long as they keep releasing those smaller games as well. And hey, the setting seems cool.

EDIT: In other news there is no way DLC wont be dinosaur related

legacyzero

Banned
Sorry Ubisoft . Unless you're willing to fix the mistakes and the lies of Far Cry 4's Multiplayer/Editor, I'm not interested.

Man, I hope Ubi doesnt fuck this using english or any other modern language, but they might be too lazy to create their own language. I see some great potential in this game and since I love FarCry games, IM HYPED!
Having a made up tribal language is cool and all, but ultimately I might have a passive interest in the story and don't feel like learning a language that isn't useful anywhere else nor do I enjoy subtitles.

Gritesh

Can't believe this shit is going on still what a snooze fest I could understand it being lik 2 hours long but at this point the reveal will be longer than the actual game.

Kssio_Aug

Far Cry 3 and 4 are very good games (besides 3 is pretty much the same as 4). I'm totally interested in a prehistoric Far Cry, it can be pretty awesome if done right!

Man, I hope Ubi doesnt fuck this using english or any other modern language, but they might be too lazy to create their own language. I see some great potential in this game and since I love FarCry

I hope they do use English. Better than any alternative. I want a good story, not one without any real words.

sn00zer

Havent played Far Cry since Far Cry 1...... maybe I should try one.

Honestly its because everyone hated on the Trigens and now we're never gunna see them again even though they were a really fun creepy enemy and everyone is a jerk for saying otherwise.

Thewonandonly

Can i just say that a fucking teaser or announcement for a game isn't sapose to have a 4 hour live stream to it. I mean an hour is the sweet spot but 4 hours of a cave drawing panning out shouldn't ever happen. Its boring as shit and i lost my interest once i saw the 2nd warrior fighting the mammoth. There better be gameplay at the end or i will be surely disappointed and everyone will be that sat through fucking 4 hours of this.

I hope they do use English. Better than any alternative. I want a good story, not one without any real words.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus did fine without english and it added to the mystery of it all. I could be down for a fake language if it was done properly. Probably wouldn't be done properly though.

Some Nobody

If you are talking about Jason than you are wrong, he didn't do it "for clicks" (whatever that means, everything in the internet is "for clicks" anyway), it was his story originally.

He should calm down a little though, it's just a random comment on the internet, not a thing to fuss over :)

Pfft. I'm not a fan of Kotaku usually, but I'm all for this. People online (here especially) love to trash the place and there's usually zero repercussions, but as soon as he fires back there's a problem and "he needs to chill". That's strange to me.

Ice Age Far Cry? Yeah sure, why not. But I'm willing to bet it's going to have some kind of upgrade system that will have you using Iron Age weapons or something if you play long enough.

Also: I continue to wait for Watch_Dogs 2, lol.

jschreier

You seem really overly angry for some unjustified reason.
Been a long day. Ubisoft asking people to watch a 24-hour livestream of a painting didn't help. But I do wish more people knew how much garbage gaming news we refrain from posting every day because we value quality over traffic.

Anyway, I hear this isn't meant to be announced until tomorrow, so unless they suddenly change their plans because of the leaks, don't worry about staring at the painting today.

Jito

Banned
Oh fuck off. If I just wanted clicks I would've reported this months ago instead of waiting for more concrete details.
BTW you'll notice I tweeted this way before the IGN leak. Tweeted it, not posted it on Kotaku. Because I wasn't 100% sure. BUT HEY WHATEVER GETS US CLICKS.

Lol cry more :,(

Game sounds interesting, I enjoyed the last few Far Cry games so can't see why this would suck.

locustlx

I love this slow zoom out of a mural. Looks like Ubisoft's next game is gonna be a continuous you tube video. Such excitement.

FelipeMGM

Been a long day. Ubisoft asking people to watch a 24-hour livestream of a painting didn't help. But I do wish more people knew how much garbage gaming news we refrain from posting every day because we value quality over traffic.

Anyway, I hear this isn't meant to be announced until tomorrow, so unless they suddenly change their plans because of the leaks, don't worry about staring at the painting today.

You think this could be Gameinformer's October cover? (Even though they are reporting this like everybody else)

Not sure what the one thing has to do with the other.

Exactly

sjay1994

This stream is 24 hours?

Jesus fucking christ ubisoft.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Can't wait to see the main characters talking in American accent.

But yeah, this DOES look interesting. Excited to see what weaponry will be at our disposal.

Top Bottom