• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft livestream teasing Far Cry Primal (Ice Age Far Cry)

Some Nobody

I might be the only person in the world who wants a Watch_Dogs 2. But Far Cry with dinosaurs isn't bad while I wait.

TimmiT

I'd be pretty okay with a prehistoric Far Cry game. If it's that, I hope that it's a full game and not just a downloadable spin-off.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Man they better actually go with the Far Cry + Dinosaurs game I've been workshopping in my head since forever.

Prehistoric Far Cry could be a cool idea, until you realize it just means another Far Cry game that lacks all of the interesting guns, cars, helicopters, rockets, and political intrigue of the past few games.

Essentially it's boiling the least interesting aspect of Far Cry (wilderness hunting) down into its' own product. Hopefully they've added something new to the formula, or at least are only pushing this as a smaller downloadable title.

SJRB

Gold Member
4786T8w.png

No fucking way.

Klart

IF it's a prehistoric FC spin off, one has to wonder what the weapons will be. A bow obviously, but FC was always about guns, so?

Maybe a time warped protagonist?

Prehistoric Far Cry sounds awesome at first blush, but I don't want prehistoric weapons. The setting, yes, punching rocks to build a hatchet, no thank you.

If it's anything like Far Cry 3 or 4, I'm out. Shit's getting so old and boring.

Yes a game set in prehistoric times is gonna have guns, cars and radio towers.

I mean they're gonna have some sort climb the thing, but I would wager the combat gonna be entirely bow based. Makes sense considering everyone just used the bow anyway.

Trago

I mean they're gonna have some sort climb the thing, but I would wager the combat gonna be entirely bow based. Makes sense considering everyone just used the bow anyway.

Then it shouldn't be called Far Cry. Make it a new IP.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Heh, it's like they've seen how popular all the random-ass dinosaur games are on Steam and decided they wanted a piece of that. Something tells me ARK will still be the better game ;)

Symphonia

Banned

If a game has a crossbow, I'm gonna use it. I can't wait for the 'The Following' DLC for Dying Light for this reason alone. I love bows and crossbows.

Ooccoo

The time of dinosaurs is BACK!

Jurassic Park movie: CHECK
Horizon Zero Dawn: CHECK
Far Cry: PROBABLY

This can only mean one thing
DINO CRISIS 4

Top Bottom