• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft livestream teasing Far Cry Primal (Ice Age Far Cry)

Fury451

Banned
Will be interesting to see how they manage to shoehorn a generic white dudebro protagonist into the game... It'd be nice to have something different. AJ was about as white as it got in the last one despite them trying to spin it as him being half asian.

He wasn't half-Asian, he was a full-blooded Kyrati. He was raised in America. For what it's worth.

Anyways, I'm getting Creed vibes here more than Far Cry.

Aces&Eights

In a generation of Ritilan, millennials and instant access, I suggest this is not the best method of announcing a new game.

Basically, hurry the hell up, Ubisoft!

GavinUK86

How fast is it zooming out? Once every 5 minutes?

Couple hours:

Lb44Qra.png

dEy3k3r.png

My friend playtested the new far cry, its in the prehistoric times, he said he fought a sabertooth with bows and arrows. Told me the game looked really good, this was about 4-5 months ago.

My uncle works for nintendo and told me that there is a cheat in mk on snes that will make sonya blade take her shirt off

Wait a second in prehistoric time... what can cavemen climb that is high enough to expose key map locations and collectibles? This will have to be set in the mountains, or have at least 5 gigantic trees!

8 pages, and still nothing. I can't keep watching this.
I will just watch the reveal footage once its uploaded to youtube following the end of this zoom out sequence in 2 weeks (or however long this is going to go on)

daveo42

Banned
Definite level of mystique surrounding this reveal. Now if only the art direction we see here gets replicated in the full game. Far Cry in the ice age would be pretty tight too.

Is it bad that I want it to be Assassin's Creed? Couldn't really get into far cry. Looking at the reveal, they point to creed (the hoods, something that looks like the apple of eden etc) It's gonna be Far Cry, isn't it?

Dennis

Banned
Seriously, what the fuck is Ubisoft thinking with this slow zooming nonsense?

Do they think people are just going to sit and watch that shit for hours?

Like people don't have better things to do with their lives.

*tabs back to YouTube*

dh4niel

The image has been slowly zooming out since the stream started. At first all we could see was the middle guy.

It's actually just very slowly zooming out at a constant rate, as far as I can tell.

I was just checking back intermittently. Wasn't sure.

atr0cious

Have you looked at your link?

The first placental mammal whose artist rendition looks like a rodent is evidence for you that humans and dinosaurs co-existed?

I mean I know only reading headlines is the in-thing to do but that's really dumb.

No, you're right, I skimmed it, but that's cause I was hurriedly googling. I could've sworn I read something other than this about it, but all I can find is creationist websites.

braves01

Banned
Figure in the top right doesn't look human. look how the lower right leg bends back and it appears to have hooves. I actually think this might be a game about pig men.

Is it bad that I want it to be Assassin's Creed? Couldn't really get into far cry. Looking at the reveal, they point to creed (the hoods, something that looks like the apple of eden etc) It's gonna be Far Cry, isn't it?

Maybe it will be a new IP that is 3rd person?

The only thing that worries me is with the prison planet stuff, this will end up like Asscreed and Watch Dogs were everything isn't as it seems. Also aliens.

Top Bottom