• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft livestream teasing Far Cry Primal (Ice Age Far Cry)

Icefire1424

Admittedly I've only had this on in the background for 10 minutes or so, but this white noise is proving to be reeeeeally sleep inducing...getting sleepy...getting sleepy...

SJRB

Gold Member
I can't stop thinking of the gameplay possibilities of an ice age-style Far Cry. Obviously firearms are out, so aside from a bow you'd get what, a slingshot?

Super interested to see where this goes.

I know you all want it to be the return of this dude.

LWHX7Cb.jpg

God, I wish.

I was really surprised he didn't show up in Unity and am really bummed he hasn't really been mentioned by Ubisoft at all since AC3.

He also had the best robes. lol

Maybe it will be a new IP that is 3rd person?

The only thing that worries me is with the prison planet stuff, this will end up like Asscreed and Watch Dogs were everything isn't as it seems. Also aliens.

I dunna. Prison Planet = first civilization/ones who came before, controlling them with the pieces of eden mentioned in AC3 by juno to desmond. It all ties in. It's about damn time we got that first civ game, but I don't think this is it sadly. It's far cry, and it hurts

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I can't stop thinking of the gameplay possibilities of an ice age-style Far Cry. Obviously firearms are out, so aside from a bow you'd get what, a slingshot?

Super interested to see where this goes.
I'm gonna be disappointed if it's a po faced ice age game and not a campy, B-movie style cavemen vs dinosaurs fuck it all fun time.

GavinUK86

Wouldn't it be amazing if they're using this super serious teaser to then bust out in dubstep and lasers and reveal it's Blood Dragon 2.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It could be a Far Cry games based on time-travel. Send different groups through time ranging from 2000 BC-Now with different weapons and junk. Would be able to have a bunch of different cultures and ethnic groups.

B.O.O.M

ugh..the fact that we can see the moon over trees at the bottom of the screen could mean this is a much larger image than, at least I, anticipated. Which could mean this is still many hours away...

wtf does Ubi think the word 'soon' mean.

Icefire1424

Yup, had to look that up.

Wikipedia said:
Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, or cognitive stimuli. The nature and classification of the ASMR phenomenon is controversial,with much anecdotal evidence of the phenomenon but little or no scientific explanation or verified data.

Pretty cool that, but no pleasurable tingling sensation here. Just...sleepy. Oh wait, there's more!

Wikipedia said:
Other attempts to describe the sensation refer to it as a "brain massage", "head tingle", "brain tingle", "spine tingle", and "brain orgasm".

Unfortunately, that is also a negative. And sounds messy.

ViciousDS

Banned
ugh..the fact that we can see the moon over trees at the bottom of the screen could mean this is a much larger image than, at least I, anticipated. Which could mean this is still many hours away...

they are slowly transitioning into valve time

If it's Wild... good thing Ubi got me for once and I opened my mouth too fast with Far Cry with dinosaurs.

New ip, nice setting, PS4 only (means current gen only) so yeah we have yet to see more of it but it's a good news.

Fingers crossed but confident.

Okingjrr

Well, to be fair, movies use the "coming soon" term way too early (months before actual release) as well.
Here it's just a few hours before this... whatever it is announcement.

ViciousDS

Banned
Chû Totoro;180788114 said:
If it's Wild... good thing Ubi got me for once and I opened my mouth too fast with Far Cry with dinosaurs.

New ip, nice setting, PS4 only (means current gen only) so yeah we have yet to see more of it but it's a good news.

Fingers crossed but confident.

WiLD is a survival adventure game that takes place in a Celtic landscape set 10,000 years ago.

ah, it would be high time to bring it back wouldn't it? paris games week is coming up and Wild was shown at Gamescom....so a year later....here we are and Wild Sheep studios has found a publisher. Not to mention its helmed by the Rayman creator

on the left it looks like those guys are attacking somethings feet and that thing wrapping above is its long neck and head...idk

Danlord

ah, it would be high time to bring it back wouldn't it? paris games week is coming up and Wild was shown at Gamescom....so a year later....here we are and Wild Sheep studios has found a publisher. Not to mention its helmed by the Rayman creator

Sony is publishing WiLD.

Icefire1424

Alright, speculation time. The three guys on the far left are clearly standing over a dead body, his feet and legs now visible. I am a bit troubled by where the kneeling guy holding a spear appears to have his hand placed, however.

#grabass

Top Bottom