• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft livestream teasing Far Cry Primal (Ice Age Far Cry)

Far Cry to me means open world/levels in an exotic environment, sandbox gameplay that lets you tackle enemies how you want, an ecosystem, different modes of transportation, etc.)

An ice age setting still has all that. Prehistoric weaponry, prehistoric ecosystem, dealing with enemy tribes, Stone Age weaponry

Ducktail

I didn't mind Farcry 3 but my god I found Farcry 4 to be one of the most generic open world games I ever played. Bored me to tears.

I really hope they mix this up if it's a spinoff like Blood Dragon.

Yeah, Farcry 4 is just incredibly dull. The game is beautiful... the world is beautiful... the characters are serviceable... but it's boring.

Aces&Eights

I find it ignorant that Ubi is trying this shit. As if their rep isn't bad enough.

They are now walking a fine line. It's one thing to be mysterious and have people get a little uppity over something and it's another to flat out lead people on. Do it too long and the whole thing can blow up in your face. Make GAF wait too long and your game could be a Souls/MGS/Halo hybrid and people will create hate threads and give you a 1.5 on metacritic just for pising them off.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
You know, this was actually a great way to reveal something, but stretching it this far turned it into a lame attempt. What the hell were they thinking?

killroy87

woke up and took a look at the stream, it's not even zooming out anymore!

such a dumb idea. the amount of dislikes on it should hopefully show them that this isn't exactly the best way to drum up conversation. the sheer fact that people are watching and talking about it doesn't inherently mean it's successful.

BlackRock

This won't be finished untill Thursday for the GI cover reveal.

My words

Mark them

That would be a huge mistake, imo. They have our attention, now make good on it. There's only going to be sore feelings if this isn't revealed today. Too much tease, too little pay off.

DedValve

Banned
Damn, such a drop in views. This thing was at 15k at one point.

The trailer is still gonna get a ton of views either way. It was such a great marketing tactic but I think they pulled it too far. Still 3k views as of this post, not too shabby.

the more frequent noise teases are annoying as hell, keep quickly tabbing over to see if I'm missing anything.

looking like a 1700 [GMT] announce

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Brace yourselves, it's happening.. in 10 minutes. At least I hope so. It's their usual time for posting trailers on YT.

I'll bet my account on that

qvd6puv.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I cant wait to climb the tower to find the outpost then shoot the guy and bow the animal to skin and craft the thing and find the trinket and sell the stuff and see everything the game has to see within the first 3 - 5 hours then be expected to do it all over again because ya gotta tick those boxes Morty.

Dennis

Banned
I cant wait to climb the tower to find the outpost then shoot the guy and bow the animal to skin and craft the thing and find the trinket and sell the stuff and see everything the game has to see within the first 3 - 5 hours then be expected to do it all over again because ya gotta tick those boxes Morty.

But you loved re-clearing respawning checkpoints in Far Cry 2, no?

Top Bottom