• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Montpellier working on a 2D HD game (Rayman?)

Shiggy

Ubisoft Montpellier, the studio that delivered Rayman, the first Ghost Recon, Beyond Good and Evil, King Kong, and Rabbids Go Home, is currently (as of May 15th) working on a 2D HD game for next generation consoles (which probably means Xbox 360/PS3).

According to Nicolas Choukroun who has worked with Ubisoft Montpellier in the past, Ubisoft Montpellier and Michel Ancel are currently working on a new Rayman game.

Source: http://emploi.afjv.com/emploi_jeux_video.php?r=ECEP110-1180

Ubisoft Montpellier is currently also working on THI, a MMO led by Frédérick Raynal scheduled for a release on PC at the end of the year, as well as a Tintin movie tie-in, which is to be released in 2011.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It just dawned on me that I've never played a Rayman game. Are the core titles on GoG?

Edit: Nope. :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
JaseC said:
It just dawned on me that I've never played a Rayman game. Are the core titles on GoG?

Edit: Nope. :(
Don't bother with the PC version of Rayman 1. Too much trouble to get going. Your best bet is to find the PSX version and either run it on real hardware (PS1, PS2, or any PS3) or emulate it on a PC. You'll get better results emulating it on a PC than playing the original PC version through DOSBOX.

watkinzez

The pieces are falling into place.
(Rayman 1 is the only Ancel game I've never played. Maybe I should get on that!)

shuyin_

Banned
Shiggy said:
According to Nicolas Choukroun who has worked with Ubisoft Montpellier in the past, Ubisoft Montpellier and Michel Ancel are currently working on a new Rayman game.
Didn't Ancel leave Ubi?

dark10x said:
Don't bother with the PC version of Rayman 1. Too much trouble to get going. Your best bet is to find the PSX version and either run it on real hardware (PS1, PS2, or any PS3) or emulate it on a PC. You'll get better results emulating it on a PC than playing the original PC version through DOSBOX.

apparently it's on DSiware too. supposed to be anawesome port

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
dark10x said:

I'll track down the PSX version, then. My near-launch PS2 (amazingly!) still works. Cheers for the advice. What about the sequel? I noticed Rayman 3 wasn't designed by Ancel, should I bother? The reviews didn't seem too bad, however the scores certainly weren't up there with the first two instalments.

Shiggy said:
He left the BG&E2 team (just like many others), it seems. Actually, I don't know whether anyone really works on BG&E2 right now.

If Ancel has left and Ubi are saying BG&E2 is still being developed, just who is working on the game? Having the lead designer(/creative director?) pack up and walk out throws a rather large spanner in the works.

Shiggy

JaseC said:
If Ancel has left and Ubi are saying BG&E2 is still being developed, just who is working on the game? Having the lead designer(/creative director?) pack up and walk out throws a rather large spanner in the works.

I'd like to know this too. All devs who had it on their LinkedIn profile either work on Tintin right now or they left the company. In addition, since the Ancel rumours have come up, they even removed the reference that they once worked on it.

Top Bottom