• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft On the Next Generation of Consoles 4K 60fps

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Is Valhalla day one next gen for both consoles? Best Buy is showing an actual PS5 boxed version of it for launch day, so I'm confused, as I thought those versions were coming later.

Alebrije

This are cross gen games so nothing great compared to truly next gen games that obviously we will see by 2021-22 . Think the best sample of next gen at this moment is Demons Souls.

But besides this Vallhalla looks great and Legions too. The main problem with Ubi is repetitive gameplay and it seems those game suffer of that.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Watch Dogs: Legion

Xbox Series X | S: The near-future London of Watch Dogs: Legion will fully benefit from the hardware accelerated raytracing of the new Xbox Series X | S; from Piccadilly Circus and its giant digital screens, to Camden High Street’s neon lights and holograms, the power of real-time ray traced reflections brings a never seen before level of realism to an urban playground. Early collaboration between Microsoft and the game teams allows the game to unlock the power of Xbox DirectStorage, meaning loading times have been massively reduced allowing for smoother world traversal and faster loading times than ever before. Upgrade from an Xbox One X copy of the game to the Xbox Series X | S* version with Xbox’s Smart Delivery technology at no extra cost.

PlayStation 5: Ray tracing on PlayStation 5 will immerse players in a city full of digital screens, holograms, and neon lights, while players can also take advantage of the Tempest 3D Audio engine to bring London to life by hearing every passing car, talking pedestrian, or drone flying overhead. Thanks to the ultra-high speed SSD, loading times will be dramatically reduced, allowing for even quicker fast-travel and seamless high-speed drives across London. Adaptive triggers enable players to enjoy hand-tuned responses, elevating the visceral feeling of high-tension moments. And lastly, you can upgrade your PlayStation 4 copy of the game to the PlayStation 5** version at no additional cost.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Xbox Series X | S: Take in the mysterious Northern Lights of Norway or the majesty of England’s Stonehenge in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X. Thanks to the collaboration between the game team and Microsoft to implement Xbox Velocity Architecture and DirectStorage API on Xbox Series X | S, you can take full advantage of faster loading speeds for more play time, and a smoother and more powerful experience. With Smart Delivery you can purchase an Xbox One X version of the game and you’ll be able to upgrade at no extra cost when you get your new Xbox Series X | S*.

PlayStation 5: PS5 players can immerse themselves in the stunning open world with the power of the Tempest 3D Audio Engine to hear the environment around them, along with detailed 4K and 60 frames per second visuals, and faster loading speeds due to the additional power of the console’s ultra-high speed SSD. If you purchase a PS4 copy of the game, you’ll be able to upgrade at no additional cost to the PS5** edition.

Immortals Fenyx Rising

Xbox Series X | S: Explore a stylised open world rendered at 60 frames per second in 4K ultra high definition resolution on the Xbox Series X, using High Dynamic Range technology for richer and deeper colours on compatible screens. Immerse yourself in the sounds of Golden Isle thanks to Dolby Atmos and spatial audio technology, and travel the depths of the underworld at impressive speed with incredibly fast load times. Through Smart Delivery, get access to the Xbox Series X | S* version even when you buy the Xbox One version at no additional cost.

PlayStation 5: Immerse yourself in a beautiful open world and feel the environment like never-before thanks to the Tempest 3D Audio engine and PS5 DualSense haptic feedback. Experience incredibly fast load times thanks to the power of the PS5 console’s ultra-high speed SSD, stunning 4K graphics and smooth action-packed 60 frame per second gameplay. Experience it all in vivid color with High Dynamic Range technology on compatible screens, and if you purchase a PlayStation 4 copy of the game, you’ll be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version at no additional cost**.
Click to shrink...

Far Cry 6

Far Cry has never looked so stunning, with luscious tropical vistas rendered at 60 frames per second and 4K resolutions on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. If you own a PS4 or Xbox One copy of the game, you can upgrade to the Xbox Series X | S* or PlayStation 5** edition respectively at no extra cost when your new console arrives.

Riders Public

Xbox Series X | S: With the power of the Xbox Series X you can bolt through the huge open world by ground or air in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second, letting you experience the rush of every race, jump and trick. With HDR compatible screens, you’ll also get to experience it all as if you were there, with a wider range of colors and crisper visuals. DirectStorage technology on the Xbox Series X | S shreds-up loading times for a smoother ride. And don’t worry, if you purchase an Xbox One version of the game not only will you be able to upgrade to the Xbox Series X | S* version at no extra cost, but you’ll be able to play with others on the same console family.

PlayStation 5: Race and ride through the National Parks of the United States in 4K and 60 frames per second. HDR compatible screens offer a wider range of colors and crisper visuals so you can experience every moment as if you were there, and faster loading times make sure you spend more time boarding, skiing and flying. If you get yourself a PlayStation 4 version of the game, you can upgrade to the PlayStation 5** edition at no additional cost when you get your new console.
Click to shrink...

Rainbow Six Siege

Rainbow Six Siege is coming to next-generation devices, and you’ll be able to play in 4K resolution at 120 frames per second for the best Siege experience on console. If you already own a copy of Rainbow Six Siege on PS4 or Xbox One, you’ll get an upgrade to the Xbox Series X | S* or PlayStation 5** version respectively at no extra cost.

For Honor

At each respective console launch, For Honor will also provide players with the highest level of graphical enhancements that the game has to offer, meaning you can enjoy the game at 4K resolution on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, and 1080p resolution for the Xbox Series S. The team is also happy to confirm that 60 frames per second gameplay will be available for all next gen consoles in early December for the start of For Honor’s upcoming season.

Thanks for the excellent breakdown @Md Ray

Xbox Series X
: Ray-tracing, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: Ray-tracing, Tempest Audio, Fast Loading, Adaptive Triggers, Free Upgrade

Xbox Series X
: 4K, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 60fps, Tempest Audio, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Immortals Fenyx Rising
Xbox Series X
: 4K HDR, 60fps, Atmos Audio, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K HDR, 60fps, Tempest Audio, Haptic Feedback, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Far Cry 6
Xbox Series X
: 4K, 60fps, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 60fps, Free Upgrade

Riders Public
Xbox Series X
: 4K HDR, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4k HDR, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Rainbow Six Siege
Xbox Series X
: 4K, 120fps, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 120fps, Free Upgrade

For Honor
Xbox Series X
: Graphical Enhancements, 4K, 60fps
PlayStation 5: Graphical Enhancements, 4K, 60fps

Man, can't wait to test the best sound immersion in gaming!

Banned
It's weird for some entries they say "4k at 60 frames per second" and for others they say "4k and 60 frames per second"

yeah, always look out for little things like this in PR speech.
4k at 60fps clearly states that 4k and 60fps are connected here.
4k AND 60fps could be a weird randomly different wording... OR it could mean that there is a 4k mode and a 60fps mode.

never trust PR speech, always expect them to try and fool you with wording that is TECHNICALLY correct but is also deliberately misleading or masking the truth.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You can already do that on OneX with a few games and an Atmos Setup.

This "Tempest Engine" word is such a hilarious buzzword.. and everyone is eating it up lol

Atmos is a midget in comparison. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: And it must use GPU-based hardware or the main GPU to produce HRTF-based, raytraced 3D audio. The difference between Atmos in Xbox and the Tempest is like SSR vs Real-time raytracing.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Considering how you believe the marketing that the 17% GPU gap will provide any meaningful merit to Series X game versions, then it seems Hazem isn't the only one who's gonna be shitting little poop pellets of PR.

I got diapers no worries. But here to all of you:

And more from AMD:

Tempest sets out to offer a much deeper sense of immersion through audio. Interestingly, the Tempest Engine, is a modified compute unit based on AMD's GPU technology, which closely resembles the SPU (Synergistic Processing Unit) used in the PS3.

During the PS5 reveal event, lead system Architect Mark Cerny said that Dolby Atmos could only simulate sound for 32 objects in a 3D space. Sony’s tech, meanwhile, had the ability to support hundreds of simultaneous objects at one time, with rain drops being one example.

Also Atmos needs GPU-based hardware or the main GPU to do these 32 raytraced sources.

Last edited:

Banned
Considering how you believe the marketing that the 17% GPU gap will provide any meaningful merit to Series X game versions, then it seems Hazem isn't the only one who's gonna be shitting little poop pellets of PR.

point me to where I said this.
even back when the leaks suggested that the PS5 is a 9.2TF system I said you will not see a big difference between games. but making shit up is fun right?

noxvenala

Banned
point me to where I said this.
even back when the leaks suggested that the PS5 is a 9.2TF system I said you will not see a big difference between games. but making shit up is fun right?

Then why are you ascribing meaning towards the "4k and 60fps" statement like it warrants skepticism? Smells like the typical pedantic sentiment exuding from concern trolls.

Dibils2k

not surprising the one open world game that is the most complex with detailed big buildings and variety and fast cars is the one that cant hit 60fps

still interested to see how well these games hit 60fps, this gen 60fps just meant unlocked frames that hit 40-60, cause if it is not near locked 60 then dont bother... give me locked 30fps with all the bells and whistles

Banned
Then why are you ascribing meaning towards the "4k and 60fps" statement like it warrants skepticism? Smells like the typical pedantic sentiment exuding from concern trolls.

because PR speech should always be seen with a critical eye. if you see this as any other statement than watch out for pr bullshit, that's your problem.

Last edited:

You linked me solutions that are supposed to sound similar according to people's OPINION. You spoke as if you have heard the audio from the Tempst Engine already which is why I was confused.

Tschumi

I don't care about 4k60 and it is Not entirely doable at this point. We've yet to see a 4k60 game which looked magically better, or more detailed, than last gen games to date.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You linked me solutions that are supposed to sound similar according to people's OPINION. You spoke as if you have heard the audio from the Tempst Engine already which is why I was confused.

CRBurcx.gif

You didn't even watch or read. Move on then and continue your ignorance.

If Valhalla is 4K/60 on consoles maybe I can get 144fps on my laptop :messenger_sunglasses:

CloudyVictoriousKookaburra-small.gif

sircaw

Banned
So
Yup.

TL;DR version:

Xbox Series X: Ray-tracing, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: Ray-tracing, Tempest Audio, Fast Loading, Adaptive Triggers, Free Upgrade

Xbox Series X
: 4K, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 60fps, Tempest Audio, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Immortals Fenyx Rising
Xbox Series X
: 4K HDR, 60fps, Atmos Audio, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K HDR, 60fps, Tempest Audio, Haptic Feedback, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Far Cry 6
Xbox Series X
: 4K, 60fps, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 60fps, Free Upgrade

Riders Public
Xbox Series X
: 4K HDR, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4k HDR, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Rainbow Six Siege
Xbox Series X
: 4K, 120fps, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 120fps, Free Upgrade

For Honor
Xbox Series X
: Graphical Enhancements, 4K, 60fps
PlayStation 5: Graphical Enhancements, 4K, 60fps

Ps5 is def the way to go then, A more immersive and with the extra features a much better, all-round option.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I am curious what your thoughts on why they just didn't use the same verbiage then? Multiple times?

To sound interesting in their wording. So here what does this mean?

In Halo Infinite's campaign, the Master Chief returns when humanity's fate hangs in the balance to confront the most ruthless foe he's ever faced – the Banished. The legendary Halo series returns with the most expansive Master Chief story yet. Enjoy a first-look at Halo Infinite campaign gameplay, captured real-time and representative of the experience on Xbox Series X running at 60FPS and up to 4K resolution.

Source:

Why not 60fps at up to 4K? So in your brain it means 60fps or up to 4K?

To sound interesting in their wording. So here what does this mean?

In Halo Infinite's campaign, the Master Chief returns when humanity's fate hangs in the balance to confront the most ruthless foe he's ever faced – the Banished. The legendary Halo series returns with the most expansive Master Chief story yet. Enjoy a first-look at Halo Infinite campaign gameplay, captured real-time and representative of the experience on Xbox Series X running at 60FPS and up to 4K resolution.

Source:

Why not 60fps at up to 4K? So in your brain it means 60fps or up to 4K?

The fuck? Sick whataboutism. I asked you a simple question. Is all of Neogaf this roided up? I asked why you think the verbiage is different?

Vasto

"Xbox Series X | S: The near-future London of Watch Dogs: Legion will fully benefit from the hardware accelerated raytracing of the new Xbox Series X | S; from Piccadilly Circus and its giant digital screens, to Camden High Street’s neon lights and holograms, the power of real-time ray traced reflections brings a never seen before level of realism to an urban playground."

:messenger_winking:

Last edited:
Kid, stop wasting my time, and if you don't understand English use google translate.

Again, what the fuck is wrong with you?

1. I asked you a simple question. Sounds like you're REALLY nervous there is a disparity
2. You linked a quote to a game that ISNT on both consoles? How is that an suitable comparison? You have MULTIPLE games from the SAME developer in the SAME post using DIFFERENT verbiage about how a game performs. Still not going to answer?
3. Is some dude from Oman telling me to learn English? XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom