• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft On the Next Generation of Consoles 4K 60fps

Tripolygon

Banned
Watch Dogs: Legion

Xbox Series X | S: The near-future London of Watch Dogs: Legion will fully benefit from the hardware accelerated raytracing of the new Xbox Series X | S; from Piccadilly Circus and its giant digital screens, to Camden High Street’s neon lights and holograms, the power of real-time ray traced reflections brings a never seen before level of realism to an urban playground. Early collaboration between Microsoft and the game teams allows the game to unlock the power of Xbox DirectStorage, meaning loading times have been massively reduced allowing for smoother world traversal and faster loading times than ever before. Upgrade from an Xbox One X copy of the game to the Xbox Series X | S* version with Xbox’s Smart Delivery technology at no extra cost.

PlayStation 5: Ray tracing on PlayStation 5 will immerse players in a city full of digital screens, holograms, and neon lights, while players can also take advantage of the Tempest 3D Audio engine to bring London to life by hearing every passing car, talking pedestrian, or drone flying overhead. Thanks to the ultra-high speed SSD, loading times will be dramatically reduced, allowing for even quicker fast-travel and seamless high-speed drives across London. Adaptive triggers enable players to enjoy hand-tuned responses, elevating the visceral feeling of high-tension moments. And lastly, you can upgrade your PlayStation 4 copy of the game to the PlayStation 5** version at no additional cost.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Xbox Series X | S: Take in the mysterious Northern Lights of Norway or the majesty of England’s Stonehenge in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X. Thanks to the collaboration between the game team and Microsoft to implement Xbox Velocity Architecture and DirectStorage API on Xbox Series X | S, you can take full advantage of faster loading speeds for more play time, and a smoother and more powerful experience. With Smart Delivery you can purchase an Xbox One X version of the game and you’ll be able to upgrade at no extra cost when you get your new Xbox Series X | S*.

PlayStation 5: PS5 players can immerse themselves in the stunning open world with the power of the Tempest 3D Audio Engine to hear the environment around them, along with detailed 4K and 60 frames per second visuals, and faster loading speeds due to the additional power of the console’s ultra-high speed SSD. If you purchase a PS4 copy of the game, you’ll be able to upgrade at no additional cost to the PS5** edition.

Immortals Fenyx Rising

Xbox Series X | S: Explore a stylised open world rendered at 60 frames per second in 4K ultra high definition resolution on the Xbox Series X, using High Dynamic Range technology for richer and deeper colours on compatible screens. Immerse yourself in the sounds of Golden Isle thanks to Dolby Atmos and spatial audio technology, and travel the depths of the underworld at impressive speed with incredibly fast load times. Through Smart Delivery, get access to the Xbox Series X | S* version even when you buy the Xbox One version at no additional cost.

PlayStation 5: Immerse yourself in a beautiful open world and feel the environment like never-before thanks to the Tempest 3D Audio engine and PS5 DualSense haptic feedback. Experience incredibly fast load times thanks to the power of the PS5 console’s ultra-high speed SSD, stunning 4K graphics and smooth action-packed 60 frame per second gameplay. Experience it all in vivid color with High Dynamic Range technology on compatible screens, and if you purchase a PlayStation 4 copy of the game, you’ll be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version at no additional cost**.
Click to shrink...

Far Cry 6

Far Cry has never looked so stunning, with luscious tropical vistas rendered at 60 frames per second and 4K resolutions on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. If you own a PS4 or Xbox One copy of the game, you can upgrade to the Xbox Series X | S* or PlayStation 5** edition respectively at no extra cost when your new console arrives.

Riders Public

Xbox Series X | S: With the power of the Xbox Series X you can bolt through the huge open world by ground or air in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second, letting you experience the rush of every race, jump and trick. With HDR compatible screens, you’ll also get to experience it all as if you were there, with a wider range of colors and crisper visuals. DirectStorage technology on the Xbox Series X | S shreds-up loading times for a smoother ride. And don’t worry, if you purchase an Xbox One version of the game not only will you be able to upgrade to the Xbox Series X | S* version at no extra cost, but you’ll be able to play with others on the same console family.

PlayStation 5: Race and ride through the National Parks of the United States in 4K and 60 frames per second. HDR compatible screens offer a wider range of colors and crisper visuals so you can experience every moment as if you were there, and faster loading times make sure you spend more time boarding, skiing and flying. If you get yourself a PlayStation 4 version of the game, you can upgrade to the PlayStation 5** edition at no additional cost when you get your new console.
Click to shrink...

Rainbow Six Siege

Rainbow Six Siege is coming to next-generation devices, and you’ll be able to play in 4K resolution at 120 frames per second for the best Siege experience on console. If you already own a copy of Rainbow Six Siege on PS4 or Xbox One, you’ll get an upgrade to the Xbox Series X | S* or PlayStation 5** version respectively at no extra cost.

For Honor

At each respective console launch, For Honor will also provide players with the highest level of graphical enhancements that the game has to offer, meaning you can enjoy the game at 4K resolution on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, and 1080p resolution for the Xbox Series S. The team is also happy to confirm that 60 frames per second gameplay will be available for all next gen consoles in early December for the start of For Honor’s upcoming season.

Thanks for the excellent breakdown Md Ray Md Ray

Xbox Series X
: Ray-tracing, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: Ray-tracing, Tempest Audio, Fast Loading, Adaptive Triggers, Free Upgrade

Xbox Series X
: 4K, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 60fps, Tempest Audio, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Immortals Fenyx Rising
Xbox Series X
: 4K HDR, 60fps, Atmos Audio, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K HDR, 60fps, Tempest Audio, Haptic Feedback, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Far Cry 6
Xbox Series X
: 4K, 60fps, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 60fps, Free Upgrade

Riders Public
Xbox Series X
: 4K HDR, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4k HDR, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Rainbow Six Siege
Xbox Series X
: 4K, 120fps, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 120fps, Free Upgrade

For Honor
Xbox Series X
: Graphical Enhancements, 4K, 60fps
PlayStation 5: Graphical Enhancements, 4K, 60fps

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
A current gen game running at 1080p on the S.
tenor.gif

Lol

makaveli60

And still no info about using my ps4 saves on the ps5 version. Why does everything is so fucking lame regarding nextgen? I'm so tired of this lack of info...

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Siege is going to be insane with the PS5 tempest audio engine, but worried that Ubisoft didn't mention it as they did for their other games...

Still 120fps is gonna be nuts

R6Rider

Gold Member
Siege is going to be insane with the PS5 tempest audio engine, but worried that Ubisoft didn't mention it as they did for their other games...

Still 120fps is gonna be nuts

Siege has horrible audio so it won't be any better. It's especially bad when on stairs, near hatches, or when there's a hole in a wall.

FrankWza

I’m not so much into open world games, but I ordered that far cry 6 gold edition price error when it was half off.

Riven326

Banned
4k/60hz is a tall order even without RT. I'm curious to see what visual sacrifices will be made to achieve 60hz in all their new titles.

Rossco EZ

Last edited:

Md Ray

Seems like PS5 is the way to go!
Yup.

TL;DR version:

Xbox Series X: Ray-tracing, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: Ray-tracing, Tempest Audio, Fast Loading, Adaptive Triggers, Free Upgrade

Xbox Series X
: 4K, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 60fps, Tempest Audio, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Immortals Fenyx Rising
Xbox Series X
: 4K HDR, 60fps, Atmos Audio, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K HDR, 60fps, Tempest Audio, Haptic Feedback, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Far Cry 6
Xbox Series X
: 4K, 60fps, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 60fps, Free Upgrade

Riders Public
Xbox Series X
: 4K HDR, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4k HDR, 60fps, Fast Loading, Free Upgrade

Rainbow Six Siege
Xbox Series X
: 4K, 120fps, Free Upgrade
PlayStation 5: 4K, 120fps, Free Upgrade

For Honor
Xbox Series X
: Graphical Enhancements, 4K, 60fps
PlayStation 5: Graphical Enhancements, 4K, 60fps

AJUMP23

I am sure Valhalla will look great. I want to see what Riders Republic (steep 2) has to offer. I hope it has a great SSX type of vibe.

Stuart360

Is Watchdogs so much more complex than the other games, so it cant do 60 fps?
Maybe ray tracing is on by default on the consoles. I was watching CohhCarnage just play the game and there is so much raytracing in the game, in fact it rained at one point and the whole would looked liked glass there was that much ray tracing.
I'm not surprised the consoles are 30fps.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Well where’s the DF comparisons then ubi? Why can’t anyone do comparisons? I know Sony put out hard dates on such things but what about MS?

It’s pretty ridiculous to have no real comparisons two and a half weeks out besides what marketing teams have spoon fed us.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Maybe ray tracing is on by default on the consoles. I was watching CohhCarnage just play the game and there is so much raytracing in the game, in fact it rained at one point and the whole would looked liked glass there was that much ray tracing.
Ah crap. Ya, WD has raytracing. I don't expect the old games to get patches, but AC Valhalla has no RT? Didn't know that. Assumed it would.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Can you post a link OP? Why does XSX quotes say 4k 60 but not for PS5 on some games?

Am I the only one noticing this?

Last edited:

Banned
Watch Dogs on Xbox specifically mentions RT reflections, while on PS5 they only mention RT as a general term and only talk about neon lights and shit.

I wonder if that tells us something or if they simply didn't want to repeat themselves... they do repeat the resolution and framerates for both tho. so... weird

Riven326

Banned
Yes. They both have 60fps in all applicable game.
It'll be interesting to see if any of these games launch with frame rate or resolution options. Players can then drop it to 30hz if they want to in order to get a higher quality version of RT, textures, lighting, etc.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The tempest audio. I remember them talking about there being like 100 or more sound sources at a time. I wonder if anybody is going to do audio comparisons on both versions of Watch Dogs. I'd like to see if there's a difference. Audio is really important to me in games.

Banned

I also wouldn't be surprised if they somewhat tone down the amount of surfaces that RT reflections are applied to. it really is riddled with reflective surfaces, if that is all in the console version then it's really no wonder.

but they could have tried to get either a 4k60 mode with no RT or a 1080p60 mode with RT in there.

Top Bottom