• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Ubisoft possibly teasing a new Far Cry [Ubisoft: Nope]

Get_craycray

Banned
Apr 19, 2015
France
twitter.com
UPDATE:

Game Informer said:
We've heard back from Ubisoft PR, who has clarified to us that this was simply a "throwback post" and not a tease for anything.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...s-teasing-something-related-to-far-cry-3.aspx

Yesterday, Ubisoft posted on their Facebook page a picture of an island saying "an island we never really left".

The island is from Far Cry 3 and I wouldn't be surprise if Ubisoft were to announce a prequel to it with the infamous Vaas as a main character. Or a remaster.

What do you think?

Tell me the definition of insanity if old.

via Xboxygen

Josemsar

Neo Member
Dec 30, 2015
Insanity means making the same game over and over expecting more people will like it.

Yeah... English not my main language... xD

Some Nobody

Aug 8, 2013
Almost sounds like a remaster tbh. But FC5 got soft-confirmed months ago, right? It's almost a given to appear at UbiE3.

Feb 17, 2016
If this is in any way related to Far Cry 3... please please please. Best game in the series by far, would love to revisit it.

jediyoshi

Oct 10, 2009
I don't buy it, their facebook page is a bunch of one off images of older games with similarly ambiguous/meaningless one liners.

Marcel

Feb 16, 2012
I mean, OK. Is Far Cry 3 actually that beloved still, enough to warrant a remaster/remix/definitive edition?

Snkfanatic

Banned
Sep 22, 2010
Virginia
Ah nice, I was thinking it's about that time for another one. Look forward to seeing what it is. Kinda want to reply 4 but just so much else to play right now.

Gemüsepizza

Nov 30, 2011
Germany
I don't buy it, their facebook page is a bunch of one off images of older games with similarly ambiguous/meaningless one liners.

This seems more plausible tbh. I doubt that they will return to the FC3 setting, and personally I would like to see something new. FC3 and FC4 already felt very similar.

Jul 30, 2015
Going back to the same island is super uninteresting to me. Like Vaas was *okay*, but he wasn't really that amazing that I want to revisit his story, and every other character in that game is just garbage

The island itself was fine, but it's not like there's really much more you could do with it

I'd rather Far Cry just go away for awhile and find itself again. 3 was fantastic when it came out, but by the end of 4 I was already super sick of that style of game

I'm surprised no one's mentioned a Switch port – is that unlikely?

Maybe, but I don't see why they would do it at all. It's almost five years old and it doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of reverence or current interest that Skyrim has

Real_Madrid

Jun 11, 2015
I would buy a remastered Far Cry collection.

But seeing the recent Ubisoft trend it will probably be an MP focused version of Far Cry.

Fliesen

Feb 18, 2014
Ubisoft open world?

... they tickle my completionist bone like no other game.
I'd triple dip on that remaster, but i'd much rather have a solid prequel.

Just don't do some Pre-sequel thing where Vaas starts off as the kindasorta good guy.

Eolz

Jun 1, 2014
From what I can read, it's just some basic marketing message on a slow news day.
Not teasing anything at all...

Shredderi

Feb 24, 2013
It's almost definitely nothing but damn I would take more Vaas. He was criminally underused in FC3.