• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Posts Assassin's Creed Survey With Sequel Ideas (Crafting, Co-op, More)

iNvid02

ACB Survey

towards the end its quite interesting, it suggests some new features which could be in the sequel like enhanced eagle vision, faster speed running etc

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Here's the question:
Survey said:
Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the ASSASSIN"S CREED: BROTHERHOOD?

1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running

2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.

3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world

4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)

5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district

6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period

7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy

8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)

9) Online Cooperative Mode

10) Offline Cooperative Mode

11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer

12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets

13) Playing new Multiplayer modes

14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)

15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)

aristotle

Ugh NO crafting please. That crap is stupid in the facebook game and it'll be just as bad if not worse in the next game.

bubnbob

Banned
aristotle said:
Ugh NO crafting please. That crap is stupid in the facebook game and it'll be just as bad if not worse in the next game.

Not to mention the retarded shop quests in the retail game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)

Not this. Please, not this. Everything except this would be acceptable if done well.

EDIT: Apparently I don't meet the demographic criteria. I would have thought 22 year old males are exactly the Assassins Creed audience but what do I know.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The website looks kinda borked.
Tried multiple times, changing my personal data in many ways, and it always says I don't meet their demographic criteria ( :( ).
It also asks me in which zone of the United Kingdom I'm located, regardless of the country I chose initially.
And it asks for my job twice. Because, you know, with the current crisis I could have been laid off meanwhile.

stuminus3

"Thank you... Unfortunately you do not meet our demographic criteria"

What the...? o_O

Alright, Ubisoft, you win. I won't buy your fucking game.

Big Chungus

Imagine being able to create your own guy then trying to become an Assassins under Ezios leadership?

AHHHH

MNC

doesn't brotherhood have online multiplayer/co-op? Am I missing something (I don't know anything about that game)

Kurtofan

Jocchan said:
The website looks kinda borked.
Tried multiple times, changing my personal data in many ways, and it always says I don't meet their demographic criteria ( :( ).
It also asks me in which zone of the United Kingdom I'm located, regardless of the country I chose initially.
And it asks for my job twice. Because, you know, with the current crisis I could have been laid off meanwhile.
Can't even get past the gender option.

MNC said:
doesn't brotherhood have online multiplayer/co-op? Am I missing something (I don't know anything about that game)
No, it has a solo game as well.

LiK

MNC said:
MP has FFA and team based modes so yes. No SP coop

Red

This thing keeps assuming I'm in the UK whenever I pick US.

You need to meet a certain criteria to take the survey, or am I missing something? Didn't let me through.

catotheyounger said:
The wording to this is interesting. A sequel to Brotherhood? So will there be an Assassin'sCreed3 AND an Assassin'sCreedBrotherhood2?

Thats how I am reading it. Spinning Brotherhood off as its own thing.

But please please please, no fucking co-op. Dont ruin any more games with forced co-op

Ridley327

catotheyounger said:
The wording to this is interesting. A sequel to Brotherhood? So will there be an Assassin'sCreed3 AND an Assassin'sCreedBrotherhood2?
I think everyone has been under this impression when Ubi announced the new AC game for next year, but didn't clarify if it was the actual AC3. Given where the story is headed, having AC3 for 2012 would be perfect.

I thought it was interesting that the character portion of the survey mentioned Lucrezia Borgia; she's the only remaining prominent member of the Borgia clan by the time the game ends, so if they do keep the next game in Italy, we could potentially be seeing more of her.

No more Ezio please. He's a great character but he has already spanned two games - I wouldn't want him to turn into the 'star' when we already have Desmond. New character, new time period - make it as big of a jump as AC > AC2.

ultron87 said:
Anyone who doesn't answer this is a bad person.

I love Ezio and Italy, but it is time to move on.
Yeah, this, pretty much. Better Eagle Vision and faster free running is cool, bombs are cool, taking over a city is cool, but most of all I want to see a new historical period and gorgeous cities rendered as lovingly as the ones in AC1, AC2, and ACB. I'm thinking it's got to be either Paris or London.

luffeN

futuuuuuuure!
edit: well.. can't be historical then but you get what I mean xD

LiK

ultron87 said:
Anyone who doesn't answer this is a bad person.

I love Ezio and Italy, but it is time to move on.
Ezio dies in the first 5 min of the next game. Happy?

Hari Seldon

This reminds me that I need to make a fake facebook page to try out the facebook stuff.

If they are going to a different time period, I wouldn't mind like French Revolution era Paris. Or even better would be Paris around the time of Napoleon's return a la The Count of Monte Cristo.

Deadman

New assassin in new timeline of course.

Have to keep it out of the "guns ruin all the fun" era, so id go with either victorian london where you can run around on the rooftops (i have a strong vision of it raining and looking amazing, dont know why) or paris around the time when the eiffel tower is being built. You obviously climb it for one mission and assassinate someone at the top.

Irish

You have to say you're from the UK to be able to take the survey for some reason. Otherwise, it will bring up a short questionnaire where you will never meet their demographic. It's weird as hell.

Vinterbird said:
But please please please, no fucking co-op. Dont ruin any more games with forced co-op

Co-op doesn't have to have a singleplayer component with an always-on AI partner.

I can also tell that Nirolak grabbed my typed up version of the sequel bits because of the quotations in Assassin's instead of an apostrophe. I always use shift instead of Caps lock. :p

Nakiro

This seems to be a UK based survey, so when it says you're not the right demographic, that's why most likely.
Just change it to UK and you should be fine.

Irish said:
Co-op doesn't have to have a singleplayer component with an always-on AI partner.

It doesn't have to, but I fear that it will be. But if they went Splinter Cell on the co-op, then sure. Bring it. But I doubt that will happen if they do co-op.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Ridley, you might want to use some spoiler tags ffs.
The game came out less than one month ago.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nakiro said:
This seems to be a UK based survey, so when it says you're not the right demographic, that's why most likely.
Just change it to UK and you should be fine.

Nah, I'm from the UK and I think I got up to the combined household income screen before it rejected me.

I'm glad to see that they're asking about PoP2008, though it's odd that they're asking about that and not Forbidden Sands.
jett said:
Not a fan of this 'design by survey' crap.
Ubisoft takes no risks whatsoever.

Empty

Irish said:
You have to say you're from the UK to be able to take the survey for some reason. Otherwise, it will bring up a short questionnaire where you will never meet their demographic. It's weird as hell.

I'm from the UK and i got rejected after i gave the household income. I wanted to vote for number six!

By sequel are they talking about an assassin's creed 3 or an assassin's creed: bro 2 ?
if the former everything is acceptable except 7 and 8. If the latter then everything is acceptable except 8 and 6(maybe).

LiK

Ridley327 said:
It's a game based on actual history, dude.

but you should put spoiler tags for people ignorant of the real history. that character you mentioned is very specific to the story. i had no clue about her either.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Ridley327 said:
It's a game based on actual history, dude.
I know, but I don't know which events are covered in Brotherhood yet.
For all I know, they could cover the span of a week. Or a month. Or twenty years.

Irish

Zenith said:
Christ, imagine having to be Ezio again for a whole new game.

Heh, I was already tired of him during the beginning of the second game. He was a bit better in Brotherhood, but I can't play with him again. I just can't.

UrbanRats

I would actually expect more than ONE from that list, from a new AC title. :/

Anyway, as i said before: both 19thC England, or 19th/20thC Russia, please.

I'd also like:

1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running

2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.

4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)

5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district

Don't care much about the multiplayer stuff, honestly.

ultron87

The next game absolutely has to have Assassin's Guild stuff.

And an enemy threatening enough that you have to actually use them to survive instead of it being just your 27th option to kill guards in quick succession.

Top Bottom