• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Posts Assassin's Creed Survey With Sequel Ideas (Crafting, Co-op, More)

TheOddOne

Ridley327 said:
There really isn't anything left for Altaïr to tell. His notes in AC2 wrap everything up in a neat and concise manner.
Maby he's a bigger part of the story, hell they can make shit up :lol

Najaf

Um, I'm taking the survey and the current question is:

Among the following, which is your favorite city in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood?

Paris
Rome
Madrid
Venice

Last I checked, I only sent peon assassins to the three besides Rome. Maybe a DLC slip? Nah, too big. Strange though.

Irish

Najaf said:
Um, I'm taking the survey and the current question is:

Last I checked, I only sent peon assassins to the three besides Rome. Maybe a DLC slip? Nah, too big. Strange though.

War Machines and Cristina missions?

I only remember seeing Paris in the Contracts menu though. Then again, one of the War Machine missions may have taken place near there. I actually thought it was a question that was meant to see if you had actually played the game or not. I'm kinda paranoid. :/

Amir0x

Banned
No more facebook crap tie-in games PLEASE. Don't make me play some shit free thing in order to unlock things in the game I actually want to play.

Other than that, sounds intriguing.

I hope the next game takes place in Osaka or Moscow.

Zomba13

ultron87 said:
Anyone who doesn't answer this is a bad person.

I love Ezio and Italy, but it is time to move on.
So true. One of the best thing about this franchise is that thanks to the animus they could set the game anywhere and anywhen and it would make perfect sense story wise. Some time periods and places would be better than others of course. I love Ezio and renaissance Italy but I think it's time for a new time period and/or place. I still think Japan would be great with samurai and ninja.

Ridley327

Japan would only make sense if one of Ezio's descendants ended up in that region. If you've beaten AC:B and read about the theories, the location they're most pointing to next is definitely not Oriental in nature.

TripOpt55

New Assassin and time period definitely. I wouldn't mind some co-op missions as a seperate mode from the story/campaign mode. That could be fun. I'm done with Ezio though. Time to move on.

MMaRsu

Banned
For AC3 it needs a new assassin and new time period OBVIOUSLY. If Ubisoft fails to deliver this I won't purchase the game at all, and I hope nobody else buys it either.

Najaf

Ridley327 said:
Japan would only make sense if one of Ezio's descendants ended up in that region. If you've beaten AC:B and read about the theories, the location they're most pointing to next is definitely not Oriental in nature.

Has it been stated that the memories are only tied through the father? I don't remember that. If it is not the case, then we have Desmond's full mothers side to explore. Ezio's grandson could have easily married someone from Japan or whatever. Even if that character had no significance, all it would take was an ancestor of that woman who was in a Ninja clan. Possibilities are pretty broad when dealing with ancestry.

Ceebs

I say dig up what remains of the original Rainbow Six games before they were gutted and transplant the planning sequences into Assassins Creed. You get your assassin party and you plan out your hits using that, then execute it in game.

Toski

Najaf said:
Has it been stated that the memories are only tied through the father? I don't remember that. If it is not the case, then we have Desmond's full mothers side to explore. Ezio's grandson could have easily married someone from Japan or whatever. Even if that character had no significance, all it would take was an ancestor of that woman who was in a Ninja clan. Possibilities are pretty broad when dealing with ancestry.
Unless it has something to do with a Piece of Eden or one of the temples, having the next game set in Japan will do nothing for the overall arc other than having an AC game set in Japan.

DeBurgo

ultron87 said:
Anyone who doesn't answer this is a bad person.

I love Ezio and Italy, but it is time to move on.
I wanna see france in the 18th century

wanna see some rococo up in this bitch

UrbanRats

Do you guys prefer the severals "little cities" formula (AC1/AC2-like) or the "one big city with countryside built in it" one (ACB-like)?

Ridley327

UrbanRats said:
Do you guys prefer the severals "little cities" formula (AC1/AC2-like) or the "one big city with countryside built in it" one (ACB-like)?
I don't feel strongly one way or the other; Rome was neat just because of all the historical structures in it that you've always wanted to explore (and tell me you didn't immediately attempt to climb the Colosseum as soon as the game steered you into that region), but it's nice to have such distinct variety like there was in AC2.

Ceebs said:
I say dig up what remains of the original Rainbow Six games before they were gutted and transplant the planning sequences into Assassins Creed. You get your assassin party and you plan out your hits using that, then execute it in game.
Well you did get maps and intel on people you were going to assassinate in 1. But that got cut, along with the actual assassinations in the following games.

i really like the batman aa style "free flowing" combat system and wish they run with this.

wish they come up with stages/modes/challenges/scenerios for this.

Why does it want me to state my (UK) region when I said I'm American? Now I'm stuck.

Wow, even after I tried to be British I still couldn't take the survey. HOW CAN ANYONE PENETRATE THIS PIECE OF SHIT?

Lostconfused said:
Well you did get maps and intel on people you were going to assassinate in 1. But that got cut, along with the actual assassinations in the following games.
That wasn't planning in AC1. That was "Do 2 of these 6 boring fetch quests!".

WJD

I'd love AC3 to begin with Ezio finishing off the brotherhood/assassin stuff before going on to a more "real world" theme based around Desmond.

I must be one of the few people that got excited by seeing
Desmond using Ezio's abilities at the end of AC2

MMaRsu

Banned
WJD said:
I'd love AC3 to begin with Ezio finishing off the brotherhood/assassin stuff before going on to a more "real world" theme based around Desmond.

I must be one of the few people that got excited by seeing
Desmond using Ezio's abilities at the end of AC2

Obviously not but I don't think they can pull off a modern city in AC. Cars and all that.

Irish

infinityBCRT said:

Hey, the missions could definitely use work, but the whole gathering info on a target then executing them was awesome.

infinityBCRT said:
My point was that they were already moving in the direction of making it simpler/non existent. There is no way in hell they would make it more complex or detailed.
macfoshizzle said:
yeah but you get like 4 virtual training and that's it.
Sure I wish there was more of that stuff too, because that was my favorite part of brotherhood.

Edit: Hah this survey is broken. I picked Canada and its asking me in which part of UK do I live.

Re:the next historical period and setting

On the one hand you have to do feudal Japan at some point, but on the other I'd like to see something in ancient China, Aztec or Maya South America, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Egypt. Keep us on our toes, culturally.

Or basically, just take Civ V's list and make an Assassin's Creed game in each Civ.

Najaf

Toski said:
Unless it has something to do with a Piece of Eden or one of the temples, having the next game set in Japan will do nothing for the overall arc other than having an AC game set in Japan.

It is mentioned in AC:B that there is a team working in Osaka, which also happens to be where the Iga ninja house is. They have put in bits allowing for a Feudal Japan option since AC1 with the final eagle vision reveals. The developers have also stated that Feudal Japan is a staff favorite for an AC title.

elwes

TheOddOne said:
Maby it just me, but bring back Altaïr!

This. I like Ezio's character, but Altair is Hassassin Supreme. He didn't have fancy arm guns and an assassin posse yet still managed to kick more ass than Ezio.

I want the ability to be perched on a ledge, then drop straight down off of it. I'm so sick and tired of having to tap "B" twice, especially when you have to give it a second or two after the first press. The fluidity of the running is so hit and miss at times. I wish they'd tighten it up so those rooftop chases didn't always end with Ezio running up the wrong wall, forcing me to wait for his animations to complete before I can push B to drop off of it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Blast Processing said:
Re:the next historical period and setting

On the one hand you have to do feudal Japan at some point, but on the other I'd like to see something in ancient China, Aztec or Maya South America, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Egypt. Keep us on our toes, culturally.

Or basically, just take Civ V's list and make an Assassin's Creed game in each Civ.
There's actually a chapter in Project Legacy in which
Giovanni Borgia
is searching for a Piece of Eden (
a crystal skull
) in Aztec Era Mexico.

20101204-b9c22c18i2nqhe288grjtfis6g.jpg

Ridley327 said:
They're pointing to an awfully specific place for whatever game in AC:B's ending.

Could you clarify
in spoiler tags
what you mean by that?

I've only played the ending once, and I guess I was too busy having my mind blown by
Juno's speeches and finally getting to hold the Apple in 2012
to pay attention to / realize what location they were hinting at.

EDIT: Just rewatched the ending on youtube. Forgot about the
Phrygian Cap and Masonic Eye that the Apple shows Desmond & Co.
. And for the record,
the French Revolution
would be a really cool AC3 setting.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
junesongprovider said:
Could you clarify
in spoiler tags
what you mean by that?

I've only played the ending once, and I guess I was too busy having my mind blown by
Minerva's speeches and finally getting to hold the Apple in 2012
to pay attention to / realize what location they were hinting at.
The French Revolution. The Masonic Eye and the Phyrigian Cap are both present in the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen.

slamskank

Not a fan of design by committee and focus groups. For features like co-op and simple things like that I can appreciate the value of feedback, but when it comes to deciding on where the story goes from there and who the main characters are... shameless. I do hope to see full campaign co-op though for the next one, I'm surprised it hasn't been put in yet.

Portugeezer

Ushojax said:
EDIT: Apparently I don't meet the demographic criteria. I would have thought 22 year old males are exactly the Assassins Creed audience but what do I know.
Same (I'm 20), what's up with that? I knew it would be fishy once they started asking about employment and salary... I just like... want to give my input about the game, didn't know I had to qualify.

I guess I don't qualify to buy their shit either.

EuropeOG said:
Same (I'm 20), what's up with that? I knew it would be fishy once they started asking about employment and salary... I just like... want to give my input about the game, didn't know I had to qualify.

I guess I don't qualify to buy their shit either.

Yeah, it does kind of feel like a slap in the face if you're not in the proper demographic. If they're looking for data from a particular geographic region or type of person, they should state it outright instead of letting diehard AC fans start the survey and then get told that they aren't wanted.

White Man

french revolution > victorian london

victorian london might look better but it's not nearly as chaotic as the french revolution. Just about every aspect of society rapidly changed, a la the renaissance and jerusalem circa first crusade.

Russian rev would also be cool but I'm assuming that is likely off the table what with the comic and all.

White Man said:
french revolution > victorian london

victorian london might look better but it's not nearly as chaotic as the french revolution. Just about every aspect of society rapidly changed, a la the renaissance and jerusalem circa first crusade.

Russian rev would also be cool but I'm assuming that is likely off the table what with the comic and all.

I am biased, but that would be very neat. Don't get to explore Paris in many games (except saboteur, but it really didn't look like paris), and the french revolution could be a fun and totally unused setting.

Plus: guillotines.

Where does that Assassin's creed in the middle of french revolution rumor come from?

please no cowboy stuff - we had red dead recently, and i doubt AC can top it.

Top Bottom