• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft registers Fighter Within domain, links to coming soon page, GamesCom Showing?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Coming soon page: http://fighter-within.ubi.com/fighter-within/en-US/

People have been pretty positive on Ubisoft's new IPs so far, to might be worth looking out for.

Fusibile said:

Judging by changes to some domain names, the company looks to have registered Fighter-Within.com earlier this week and also secretly registered the name FighterWithinGame.com back in June. Both names were registered using Go Daddy’s proxy service.

While the proxy service makes the true registrant of the names unknown, both names redirect users to a “Coming Soon” page on ubi.com: http://fighter-within.ubi.com/fighter-within/en-US/

No official announcement has been made by Ubisoft regarding “Fighter Within”, however, Ubisoft recently said it would “share details on a new next-gen IP currently in development” at the upcoming Gamescom which takes place August 21-25.

Source: http://fusible.com/2013/08/ubisofts-new-next-gen-ip-may-be-called-fighter-within-domains-registered/

FluxWaveZ

Ubisoft making fighting games?

ku-bigpic.jpg

Heh, though I doubt this is actually a fighting game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well Ubisoft knows how to unveil a hype looking game so I guess I'll look forward to this next week.

Tan

It'll be a fighting game but then at the end of the trailer it pulls out to reveal 1000s of other fights happening all around you.

Can't wait.

Quentyn

Good guess. The developers behind that game recently merged with some forrmer Appeal developers and announced that they reveal their new next-gen IP soon. Really hope it is not a Kinect game, but if they have to make that game in order to get a next-gen Outcast of the ground, I am okay with it.

probably gonna be some poisonous Kinect/Move crap. would like to see them try a traditional fighter.

I'd actually prefer a Kinect fighting game. There's already plenty of solid traditional fighting games still coming out, so I don't mind some experimentation with the new hardware.

farisr

Yeah, just reading the topic title, I immediately thought it was a Kinect game. Also, who knows, it might not just turn out to be a Kinect-exclusive. They may have a port for the ps4 using pseye (which although most definitely less capable than Kinect 2, I think it may turn out to be at least as capable as the Kinect 1 on its own, without a controller).

But yeah, just speculation obviously.

Alx

Xbox One Kinect 2 fighting game...believe!

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. It's time for a (good) kinect fighting game. :)
Fighters Uncaged didn't seem very good, they had a few decent ideas with powerup heroes and that avengers game, but it was still a bit rough around the edges.

Raide

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. It's time for a (good) kinect fighting game. :)
Fighters Uncaged didn't seem very good, they had a few decent ideas with powerup heroes and that avengers game, but it was still a bit rough around the edges.

I would like to see another Powerup Heroes. It was a cool idea. Hopefully the Kinect improvements will mean some of the early Kinect 1 games will actually see a new lease of life when they actually work!

Top Bottom