• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft security incident [Update your uPlay password]

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.a...=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eYZ2CAM

Hello All,

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, to begin a thorough investigation with relevant authorities, internal and external security experts, and to start restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.

During this process, we learned that data were illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. No personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion.

As a result, we are recommending you to change your password by clicking this link.

Out of an abundance of caution, we also recommend that you change your password on any other Web site or service where you use the same or a similar password.

An official forum thread has been created for you to post your questions.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

What is an encrypted password?
Passwords are not stored in clear-text but as an obfuscated value. Those cannot be reversed but could be cracked, in particular if the password chosen is weak. This is the reason we are recommending our users to change their password.

Twinduct

"PAGE UNDER MAINTENANCE !
This page is currently under maintenance.

Please come back later.

Thank You,

Ubisoft Customer Support Team."

So yeah, guess I can't change my password from work. Thanks Ubi!

Now I'm trying to remember if I ever made a uPlay account.

I only use it for console titles and have never purchased a UPlay enabled PC-title. I have used Uplay on several console titles to unlock extras in games with UPlay points

Anyone know if my "console only UPlay interaction" verifies me having an actual UPlay account that I need to change? (I can't remember having to make a separate username/password or something)

Scoot2005

Banned
Good thing I only use disposable gift cards for online transactions....

Edit: It totally just let me change my password. No maintenance.

zma1013

Ugh, Uplay, what a terrible idea it is.

xhibit+meme.jpg

"I heard you like to login when you login so we added some logins to your logins".

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even remember my Uplay login info. It's probably the same as my Origin one, so I'll try that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Changed my passwords. Thanks for the heads-up. (In addition to my main account, I later made a "EuroAccount" for reasons I cannot recall.)

jbug617

Banned
Just change my password. I don't even use Uplay but I'm sure I signed up for it playing Ubisoft games on the console.

Carbonox

So if you haven't received an email on this, you don't have a direct account with Uplay? I know I'm connected but I think it's purely through PSN so I guess that doesn't count? :lol

What a bullfuckery of a system.

Top Bottom