• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Skull & Bones Rebooted

FranXico

Fractured_Veil

Neo Member
Ubisoft has reportedly decided to reboot Skull & Bones, taking inspiration from Fortnite's "live storytelling."

Hopefully this really happens this time. I've been waiting to build a custom pirate ship since they announced beta testing in 2018.

VertigoOA

Banned
Just hoping it doesn’t turn out to be a multiplayer Assasin’s creed game, mixed with ghost recon co-op and the same old open world setup they’ve been putting into EVERY SINGLE UBISOFT game of the last decade. Like it sounds good on paper... but It’s a bit tiring.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who's still waiting to see what Skull & Bones is going to be when it finally releases, I don't understand how Ubisoft can fuck up a pirate game. Black Flag and Rogue are the blueprint. Just copy and paste everything. Eliminate the AC stuff like climbing and parkour but keep the underwater exploration, ship boarding and fighting, those little islands with treasure maps on them, etc. This is so easy because they already made a "pirate" game twice and yet they can't make a full fledged one. I just don't get it. SMH. :(

MMaRsu

Banned
@peter420 I cant quote anymore but

Thats because they arent making a singleplayer pirate adventure. They are trying to create a new "LIIIIVE SERRVICEEEE" game that caters to forntnite and Sea of thieves kids.

So, I thought that this game was already a live service? And that there was so much backlash at announcement, they were going to change it? Was hoping for single player. Good luck ubi because I'm out.

ultrazilla

giphy.gif

Top Bottom