• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Spoke To "Actual Guerilla Fighters" But Doesn't "Want To Make A Political Statement" With Far Cry 6

They will be briefed on the correct things to say etc before these interviews so I wouldn't read to much into it.

Ubisoft can hardly come out and say "yes this game is political" because the people trying to force them to do that are not acting with good intentions.

They ridicule Ubisoft for pretending to be apolitical but if Ubisoft just said "fine it's political" then they will be going over the game with a fine-toothed comb to see if they can get headlines from any problematic politics in the game or any dog whistles or whatever.

kyussman

This whole Ubisoft/politics stuff is getting fucking old at this point....their games contain political themes in the same way nearly everything contains some political themes....they don't go out of their way to make political statements though,which is very different and fine with me.

Even if this game is full of political nonsense and LGBTQ garbage, it still looks like a fun "shoot the shit out of everything and everyone" game. The last Far Cry that I played was FC4 so this seems fresh game to me.
I would love to get Blood Dragon sequel. That was the shit.

I hate that nowadays you have to say this to prove a point, but no I'm not a homophobe. I just fucking hate this disease that is modern LGBTQ propaganda and Feminism. I'm just sick of getting throat fucked by those ideologies.

What a bunch of invertebrates.

groundhog day suicide GIF

GodofWhimsy

The OP really should bold, and make bigger this part of the quote:

"while being very open with our politics"

They outright say the game is very openly political lol

The article is so click baity.. they didn't want to set it in Cuba specifically, that's it.
I like that they said that. Sounds to me that they don't intend to push an agenda of some sort, but obviously the story will be highly political in a more open-ended sense. The way politics should be utilised in media in my opinion.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
This types of saying that they don't want to talk about politics in the game story, especially from PR fine. However when they start to say shit like:

Now lets talk about our strive to have as diverse cast as possible.

You better fucking comment on whatever shit is happening in game story, since it's also within the context of game.

Companies likes to talk about politics about the game not within the game. It should be opposite, but here we are.

Bragr

Banned
I understand exactly what they mean by not making a political statement even if the game is full of political themes. What's so hard to understand about this? This topic comes up everytime for Ubi for some reason. Are people braindead?
Watch Dogs 1, 2, Watch Dogs Legion, Far Cry 2, 4, and 5 all are based on and around modern politics. Ubisoft is notorious for making explicit political games with strong liberal opinions. They are just trying to deflect the worst of the hate by saying it's not a political statement. Watch Dogs Legion and Far Cry 5 are some of the most politically charged games ever made.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Grow a fucking pair. What does it say about the industry that people are afraid to express an opinion via artistic means?

ToTTenTranz

Banned
The OP really should bold, and make bigger this part of the quote:

"while being very open with our politics"

They outright say the game is very openly political lol

The article is so click baity.. they didn't want to set it in Cuba specifically, that's it.
My take on this is they want to prop up one specific political side, but they don't want people to associate it with Cuba because that would result into the exact opposite of the agenda they're trying to push.

Top Bottom