• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft to release Xbox X|S and PS5 60fps patch for Odyssey

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I enjoy the smaller stories in Valhalla, but - as someone mentioned - I much prefer the freedom that ACO has and win definitely check this out. The upgrade for ACV is fantastic and if they can apply that to ACO I'll definitely restart my game. I've only ever gotten to THAT moment in the game and so will enjoy actually completing the thing.

One thing that ACO has over ACV is that the mysticism is front and center with the game. ACV has been this fun, largely historical affair compared to ACO with the shards and the spear. Not sure if that eventually shows up in ACV (discounting Valka's quests) but it's been a bit grounded in my playthrough.

Fredrik

I enjoyed the game so much and finished all dlcs. Not sure how much more time than 120 hours spent I’ll give to this title but I’ll stop by. It is a better game and the characters than Valhalla.
Just checked my stats, 165 hours 😳 And I have only played a few hours of the Atlantis DLC. Too much sight-seeing lol

Topher

Gold Member
Best Assasins Creed! By far...

At least FPS boost, MS, Sony get on it!

I thought it was just ok......and then I got the grappling hook.

Jaw Drop Wow GIF by MOODMAN

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Framerate boost is cool an all but I'd like a Resolution Boost too.
I found Odyssey ugly in some places simply because of the muddy textures being upscaled to 4kish

Unity definitely needs a resolution bump.

retsof624

Never finished the Atlantis expansion, so it’ll be great to revisit the game. I had my gripes with it, but I did have fun.

Topher

Gold Member
Downloaded this game and started playing again. Boy........that frame rate is rough.

60fps will be most welcome.

Banned
Far Cry 5 would really benefit from a push to 60 fps.

Edit. And that would make me buy that game.

Xbox Series X FPS boost is your friend then, because it is 60fps on Xbox...

but the FOV on console is locked AND RIDICULOUSLY LOW, so I would still not consider it great by any means even at 60 fps. the analog aiming controls are also very much sub par

Last edited:

Kenpachii

I wanna see those consoles run atlantis at 60 fps.

Also for PC users the latest nvidia divers give a huge gain on cpu performance boost.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I platined the main game (and i never do that usually), but still got the DLC to finish so i'm back. Great game despite some flaws, the map is so huge and colorful, and Cassandra is awesome.

intbal

It will be interesting to see if Ubisoft took the time to change some of the settings that were lower on the PS4 Pro version. Shadows, ambient occlusion, draw distance, etc. Those shouldn't require any actual "work" on the part of the patch writers. Just bump those settings up to the One X numbers.
Since the game had a dynamic resolution, I would expect both 9th gen consoles to hit 4K and stay there (not the Series S, obviously).

Sony please release the Update so i can install the internal SSD, all these upgraded games are filling up my storage so fast 😩
“PlayStation 5 through backwards compatibility” PS4 games that run at 60fps on PS5 can run from a external hard drive.
Ghost of Tsushima (ps4) for example runs 60fps and can run from even a usb-drive on your PS5.

Artistic

One day I'll find the urge to get back into the AC series. Really shouldn't be a yearly series IMO.

Haven't bought one since Unity and I still haven't finished that yet.

One day I'll find the urge to get back into the AC series. Really shouldn't be a yearly series IMO.

Haven't bought one since Unity and I still haven't finished that yet.
Ur loss mate , origins , odyssey and valhalla are all great
Best value for entertainment when u buy them on sales which they are right now

Kamina

Golden Boy
“PlayStation 5 through backwards compatibility” PS4 games that run at 60fps on PS5 can run from a external hard drive.
Ghost of Tsushima (ps4) for example runs 60fps and can run from even a usb-drive on your PS5.
Yeah, but i don’t have one, and i don’t want to buy one either. So I am waiting for the SSD Upgrade.

Jaysen

Banned
Framerate boost is cool an all but I'd like a Resolution Boost too.
I found Odyssey ugly in some places simply because of the muddy textures being upscaled to 4kish

Unity definitely needs a resolution bump.
It has a dynamic resolution, which on XSX pretty much sits at 4K the entire time. It isn’t being upscaled.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
I wonder how WELL it would run. Odyssey is just fucking so demanding on CPU I don't think even best units are over 60FPS all the time in every location....

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Excellent but please just let me play it off a external hdd unless your adding extra graphical features.

Edit just seen it's via BC so hopefully it is.

Last edited:
Just checked my stats, 165 hours 😳 And I have only played a few hours of the Atlantis DLC. Too much sight-seeing lol
I'm at 133 hours, still not in Atlantis and like a quarter of the map still uncovered. This games was too big for its own good. But compared to Valhalla it's still leagues ahead.

Jaysen

Banned
Now I see why people say Immortals was basically a colorful clone of this. I was addicted to that game, and I can tell I’ll be addicted to this one.

Xbox Series X FPS boost is your friend then, because it is 60fps on Xbox...

but the FOV on console is locked AND RIDICULOUSLY LOW, so I would still not consider it great by any means even at 60 fps. the analog aiming controls are also very much sub par
I don't have problem with analog aiming since I have used to them since PS2 shooters (PS1 didn't really have that).

The only game in a long time that had bad analog aiming imo was Metro Exodus' sniping. Didn't want to use sniper rifle because of that.

Of course M/KB is better but I mostly play single player, so sticks are just fine for me.

Roufianos

I absolutely loved Odyssey but Valhalla has made me think was it all in my head. Such a dull game that played like absolute shit.

Buhaj

Might pick it up now. Those who played - is it the same as Origins that Hard difficulty is actually more balanced than Normal?

I thought about buying Odyssey since it's currently on sale, but didn't do it because of 30 fps. Now that it's 60 I bought it, but it was very clutch. Sale is only happening for another hour lmao.

I had this on PC (sold it now) and wish, like Fenyx, it had cross platform save. I so want to play this on Series X but don't want to re-play it from beginning.

makaveli60

their back compat is not optimal and made the game glitch out when played on PS5. some other games also had that issue, some got patched, some didn't
There are a really tiny number of games that have problems. I’m the first to call out Sony’s (or any other companies’) bullshit, but in this case I think this would be the responsibility of Ubisoft, not Sony’s. If there would be a much larger pool of games that have issues then that would be different...

Top Bottom