• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft will announce a new next-gen IP at Gamescom

Quentyn

Today, Ubisoft revealed its lineup of games for Gamescom, where attendees can get hands on demonstrations of a number of the company’s next-gen titles, including Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, The Crew and the Watch Dogs TM companion app. Ubisoft also plans to share details on a new next-gen IP currently in development during the show.

It is most likely Far Cry 4. They already said more details about the future of Far Cry will be coming soon. Not a new IP of course. Child of Light?

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-US/press/detail.aspx?cid=tcm:99-106729-16&ctid=tcm:95-27313-32

Probably some unfocused, bullshit openworld game made by a thousand people about doing the same thing over and over again to fill progress bars.

Watch_Dogs looks pretty good and The Division looked amazing, looking forward to seeing what else they have planned. UbiSoft is moving on up.

Tuck

I guess the PoP reboot CBOAT mentioned wouldn't count as a new IP. Wonder what happened to it. Or... I think I saw someone mention that that turned out to be Halo?

Hmm well curious to what this new IP will be.

Ubisoft is going all-out these days.

Tom Clancy's The Division, Watch_Dogs, The Crew and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag already earned my monies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ubisoft is going in with all these new IPs. I respect this a lot, and expect more of this from other big pubs.

jaypah

Let's start the bitching even earlier.

Man, I can't believe Unannounced New IP has been downgraded! Ubishaft, am I rite?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is this Child of Light or something different?

I thought Child of Light was debuting shortly before the show, but that might still count.

TriGen

The Division was my game of E3 2013 just as Watch Dogs was my game of E3 2012, so it's exciting to hear they might have something else new coming.

I also am most hyped to play South Park this year, so even though I haven't played an AC game since 2, Ubisoft is going to get some money from me moving forward.

mr%20caffeine.gif

chadskin

Hell naw playboy, you gots to back that up with a lil detail...

Mark my words. Though don't expect anything major, it's probably a Kinect title given that gamescom is a consumer expo. And a Sports Champion Kinect at launch could do well for them since Kinect Sports Rivals was delayed to 2014.

Top Bottom