• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft will make a surprise - Splinter Cell: Blacklist

-BLITZ-

The title says everything. I've seen the promo and Sam is looking good as always with no grey hair (you will see why ? below), full body suit, and his mighty night goggles, including a serious look on his face.

The reference to the surprise is, the game is programed to be shown at E3. But don't be so surprised because from the atmosphere given in the promo it looks like is the next sequel of Conviction (and we already know how the previous game was/is), as the new title Blacklist and plot will be based on his enemies targed as Blacklist; makes sense, no ?. Although I like the new look, so I give a little hope to see a big improvment, back to the old school OR NOT.

So here it is, the new name of Splinter Cell: Blaclist coming with a Limited Edition ready for pre-order.

Update!

• EscoBlades replaying - XboxGameZone/Eggplante
• Thanks to Wario64 - E3 Confirmed

Sequel to Conviction is somewhat worrisome. Here's hoping they add stealth back into it in some form.

Looking forward to it though.

Ragus

Banned
Conviction for me is a definition of what is wrong with gaming nowadays. I hope that next Splinter Cell will abandon all that shit from Conviction.

But who am I kidding :(.

The title says everything. I've seen the promo and Sam is looking good as always with no grey hair (you will see why ? below), full body suit, and his mighty night goggles, including a serious look on his face.

The reference to the surprise is, in case if the game is programed to be shown at E3 if not it will be announce very soon. But don't be so surprised because from the atmosphere given in the promo it looks like is the next sequel of Conviction (and we already know how the previous game was/is), as the new title Blacklist and plot will be based on his enemies targed as Blacklist; makes sense, no ?. Although I like the new look, so I give a little hope to see a big improvment, back to the old school OR NOT.

So here it is, the new name of Splinter Cell: Blaclist coming with a Limited Edition ready for pre-order.

246929_o.gif

Nibel

Conviction was terrible and everybody who says "No Nibel, you are wrong altough you smell good" hasn't played the previous installments - or, to be specifically: Chaos Theory. That game was god-tier in my opinion.

Conviction was ruined as there was no spies vs mercs. Double Agent was far from the best in the series in terms of single player, but it was just as fun as ever from a multiplayer standpoint.

Izick

A sequel with flashback sequences? Are they attempting to have two separate gameplay styles in it or something?

I'm guessing this will be the Ubisoft game at the MS conference since Conviction was 360 exclusive, and because Splinter Cell has always been associated with the Xbox.

Pooya

googling "Splinter cell Blacklist" brings an interesting result (first one), in Chinese, from back in December. looks like it's developed by Ubi shanghai?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Conviction was one of the worst sequels ever. It was a terrible follow-up, and a terrible game in its own right. Really a shame that this series has been sliding downhill for so long, because I loved the first three games.

So I'm really not excited for this, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I want to believe the series can be good again... even though it's unrealistic given Ubisoft...

googling "Splinter cell Blacklist" brings an interesting result )first one), in Chinese, from back in December. looks like it's developed by Ubi shanghai?
Its Ubisoft Toronto, with Jade Raymond in lead. Though all of the many Ubisoft studios will probably touch it in some form.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wii U too?
Ubisoft giving everything to Nintendo console. Great.

wrowa

Where's the surprise? I would have been surprised if it goes back to the roots instead of following Convictions path. :(

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
For the record I enjoyed the last game. For the most part you could play it as stealthy as you wanted.

I do however like the older Sam... grey and fabulous.

Kinyou

OP is missing

"TRUTH discuss"

at the end.

btw. I hope that it's not going the exact same way as conviction and just imports the presentation. My hopes are still up.

-BLITZ-

Sentenza

For the record I enjoyed the last game. For the most part you could play it as stealthy as you wanted.
Of course, that's part of the problem: you can play it pretty much as you want, it doesn't make any difference, as the difficulty is simply trivial and plenty of game mechanics have been automatized.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
At least this time I will be prepared for the bludgeoning Ubi will perform on Splinter Cell's corpse. Conviction was entertaining as long as you pretend it's a 24 game.

Top Bottom