• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft will send you an e-mail mocking you if you quit playing Far Cry 6

R6Rider

Gold Member
Personnaly I would send an e-mail mocking people just for playing this turd of a game, period.
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It's harmless, but surely there is a retort to this so good, it is capable of going viral and convincing Ubisoft to turn good again.

Inviusx

People will see this as some sort of attack of their freedoms or some bullshit and pretend like it hurt them emotionally.

Jsisto

As long as they don’t send me an email mocking me for never playing it, I’m good. Because I’m never playing it.

Tschumi

I like that hahahaha fucking nice one

Ubisoft are pretty awful in certain series these days but i like this.

Radrigal

This is genius. It's one step further from discouraging you from exiting the game, ala Wolfenstein. I unironically love this.

cqI07nr.png

jAgsy5R.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
I had no idea some people were getting legit upset over this.

What world do you live in where an email like this upsets you? How do you even get by on a day to day basis, lol.

Last edited:

Faenrir

I find it quite funny and absolutely innocuous. But it's even funnier to see who it is that got all up in arms about this, feeling "hassled" by a humorous mail. 😂

Don't wanna be "hassled?"

Easy.

kx2ilrA.jpg

Click "no" and Giancarlo Esposito won't poke fun at your poor little tortured ego. 😂

PS: You can do this with every publisher, just to make sure that no one does. Your ego is important, after all. 😂
Change can take up to a week ? But why ? Most newsletter have you unsuscribed instantly. Another shady move...

As for the initial issue, i don't mind. I was raised with Doom mocking me already... :D

Last edited:

Nankatsu

I think it's a pretty original idea to be honest. But this will most likely backfire on them.

People will say Ubisoft is harassing them :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Miles708

That's a fairly fun idea.

It's also good to know your game activity is tracked 100% of the time.
Don't want marketing teams miss on my gaming behaviour.

keraj37

I’d prefer a phone call
Ring! Ring!
Shmunter Shmunter : hello?
@Yves Guillemot: Hey, umh... you don't know me... probably... I am CEO of Ubisoft and ...
Shmunter Shmunter : Snap! I know you!
@Yves Guillemot: Oh... good... I just noticed... you know... you stoped playing our newest game...Far C...
Shmunter Shmunter : Yeah.. Far Cry 6.... it is boring crap, cut the dang, what you want?
@Yves Guillemot:... Well umh, sorry, but can you go back to our game, we miss you, you know?

[The rest of the phone call is classified.]

Kadve

No real difference from games that insult you for turning them off.

Unless they send multiple emails i wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

That's a fairly fun idea.

It's also good to know your game activity is tracked 100% of the time.
Don't want marketing teams miss on my gaming behaviour.

It already was. Or achievements wouldn't work.

Last edited:

Arcadialane

It already was. Or achievements wouldn't work.
People should take 2 minutes to read the 'data we collect and share with publishers' stuff when they first buy & turn on their console. You're 100% being tracked.

How'd you think they know about % of gender choice or other choices in games like mass effect? Publishers will know as much as the fact that you put their game in your shopping checkout basket or wishlist

Last edited:

nikos

I'm getting Ubisoft+ today for Riders Republic which means I'll finally be trying FC6. Looking forward to this email.

Pejo

I can't believe being so soft as to get offended by something like this. I think it's a cool marketing thing, even if I don't necessarily appreciate more junk mail.

Aenima

Its funny. But i will never get one of those emails. Cuz i will never play Far Cry 6. :p

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
2f7.jpg

The island is mine, pendejo. You’ll never take it back. Not even with the time saver double XP DLC that is 15% off this weekend on Uplay.

Top Bottom