• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's 30th Anniversary Celebration video shows Mario, Luigi and Toad as Rabbids

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Can't wait!
wjN4.png

Nintendo invented the horrific face model.

b493b7dd288885215fcdf20c3bca6726.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This makes sense with the rumor that it focuses on lesser used Mario characters. Perhaps Mario, Luigi and Toad turn into Rabbids somehow and can't be used.

I really don't get the outrage at this crossover. I think it looks fine and any new type of Mario RPG is quite welcome, regardless of what other characters are in the game.

Let's wait to see the game, okay?

@MUWANdo

Banned
I really don't get the outrage at this crossover. I think it looks fine and any new type of Mario RPG is quite welcome, regardless of what other characters are in the game.

I think a lot of the outrage comes from the fact that Mario's an absolute top-tier franchise and Rabbids... isn't, to put it lightly. It'd be like finding out the next Marvel crossover fighting game is actually Marvel vs. Five Nights at Freddy's or something.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm actually pretty hyped that the lesser-used characters will be the mains in this one.

Really hoping for Wario, Waluigi, and Daisy.

I don't get it either. Ok we get it PEOPLE HATE RABBIDS. We get it! People don't want a superior franchise like Mario entangled with Rabbids.

But just wait and see, man. Just wait. Nintendo is overlooking it. It's a turnbased RPG and Nintendo isn't going to give Ubisoft their Mario franchise to make some subpar game.

I don't get it either. Ok we get it PEOPLE HATE RABBIDS. We get it! People don't want a superior franchise like Mario entangled with Rabbids.

But just wait and see, man. Just wait. Nintendo is overlooking it. It's a turnbased RPG and Nintendo isn't going to give Ubisoft their Mario franchise to make some subpar game.

How do you know someone doesn't like Rabbids? Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Yeah, I notice that too. Probably footage of the game?

That looks like a different type of game- someone is throwing a ball at the screen/projection on the wall to knock the Rabbids off the pipes. Looks like a little game that's just at the celebration.

I think a lot of the outrage comes from the fact that Mario's an absolute top-tier franchise and Rabbids... isn't, to put it lightly. It'd be like finding out the next Marvel crossover fighting game is actually Marvel vs. Five Nights at Freddy's or something.

Mario has had some crazy crossovers though. Remember Mario x NBA Street? Mario at least has a similar tone and aesthetic to Rabbids games, so I don't think this is that poor of a choice.

Yeah I'm very excited to learn more about it just because it's a new type of Mario RPG and not developed by Nintendo. It sounds like a very interesting concept.

I see motion control use there. I'm wondering though if it's not from some kind of party game perhaps.

Now that you mention it... It seems that the guy is throwing a ball at the screen. It could be something prepared by Ubi strictly for the exhibition.

Edit: Beaten by Skittzo0413 lol Yeah, it is probably not related to the Mario RPG.

maxcriden

Now that you mention it... It seems that the guy is throwing a ball at the screen. It could be something prepared by Ubi strictly for the exhibition.

Edit: Beaten by Skittzo0413 lol Yeah, it is probably not related to the Mario RPG.

Glad we're in agreement on it. :) I hope it's not the Mario RPG because I don't want to throw things at Rabbids. XD

This isn't just the Rabbids kinect game is it? You're probably right, I imagine it was just made for the show.

All the more reason not to throw things at them, then :)

How did you like the Rabbids Go Home game? Or the 3DS sidescroller one?

I have only started playing Rabbids games last year, and I found both Raving Rabbids 1 and 2 are charming and fun. Very interested in checking out the rest of the series, but my current backlog is, well, quite crazy. It may take some time to get to them.

This isn't just the Rabbids kinect game is it? You're probably right, I imagine it was just made for the show.

Interestingly, the Kinect game is called Rabbids Invasion, quite similar to the subtitle of the rumored Mario RPG game (Invasion of the Rabbids).

Zubz

Banned
MANY REMASTERS ARE BEING PLANNED, SUCH AS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD (WII) MARIO KART 8 (WII U) SPLATOON (WII U) SMASH BROS. AND GAMES FROM THE NINTENDO 64 AND WII

Wait, N64 remasters, too? With OoT, MM, & SF64 covered on the 3DS, MK8 & SSB4 covering a lot of MK64 & SSB levels, and other games being made superfluous due to sequels, what other Nintendo-owned big guns do they have left but the all-time king?

Super_Mario_64_box_cover.jpg

... Or not-so big guns. The Zelda remakes also did pretty well, so I can see a compilation of OoT/MM 3D and WW/TP HD.

Nice find! This pretty much confirms that the Mario/Luigi/Toad Rabbids aren't in-game character designs then, but mementos from partnerships.

They may not be in-game character designs, but they definitely seem prominently placed. I'm still thinking this is happening, and still see this as proof. Ubi developed the South Park game, after all, while their collabs with Nintendo have essentially just been nods like the Mario costume in Legends & the Rayman trophy in Smash 4. Sure, Nintendo publishes Rayman in Japan, but if this is up in their offices, I feel it may be something bigger.

Opa-Pa

This is awesome, Rabbids x Mario is the most hateable crossover I can think of after Minions x Mario lmao, but I'm happy that this should confirm the other rumors linked to it.

maxcriden

I have only started playing Rabbids games last year, and I found both Raving Rabbids 1 and 2 are charming and fun. Very interested in checking out the rest of the series, but my current backlog is, well, quite crazy. It may take some time to get to them.

Gotcha, thanks. I asked because I have both but due to a crazy backlog here as well haven't gotten to either. I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on them when they do play them!

Sagitario

Was there more than that in the leak? I cant remember all the leaks...

Edit after googling:

MANY REMASTERS ARE BEING PLANNED, SUCH AS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD (WII) MARIO KART 8 (WII U) SPLATOON (WII U) SMASH BROS. AND GAMES FROM THE NINTENDO 64 AND WII
• FINAL FANTASY XV AND FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE WILL BE POSTED TO THE “NX”
• PLATINUM GAMES AND CAPCOM ARE DEVELOPING TO THE CONSOLE
• UBISOFT IS DEVELOPING FOR THE CONSOLE; BEYONG GOOD & EVIL 2 IS A POSSIBILITY, AND ARE BEING DISCUSSED ONE GAME SPLINTER CELL AND A CROSSOVER BETWEEN YOSHI AND RABBIDS

sorry for all caps, just copy pasted...

What's the source? First time I see mention of a Skyward Sword remaster.

Top Bottom