• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's "Hero" (new IP) storyboard trailers leaked; [Open World Fantasy RPG]

Squire

Banned
Bump. Rumor is that this is some open-world WRPG fantasy thing with like wizards and mages and stuff. Announce and release, if this doesn't get canned, slated for next year supposedly.

---

Pointed out by internet super sleuth, Superannuation:

cVrCs5d.jpg

https://twitter.com/supererogatory/status/472247123413450752

Videos:

http://t.co/OFPdXC4KZR

http://t.co/lvjEidmcG0

Videos are three months old. Amateur opinion, but these look like concept trailers to me - animated storyboards.

Seems like it's some sort of super hero drama.

At least one place took pictures: http://www.gamestar.de/news/branche/3056345/hero.html

944x531rwsmz.jpg

944x531bjsdh.jpg

944x53160sam.jpg

944x53147st4.jpg

944x5310ks35.jpg

My guess is it's whatever Ubisoft's presser is closing with. Maybe some kind of game that makes us all heroes in the virtual world?

so1337

I bet it'll be a slightly futuristic open world third person game with stealth elements and hybrid multiplayer.

It's a title they'll demo at E3 in 2015. It'll look amazing. Then when it releases in 2017 we'll be posting here just how it utterly failed to look like its target render.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
So the past couple E3s there have been some pleasant surprises that got us gamers really excited. The issue about these trailers being full of possible bullshots notwithstanding, we still got very hyped for Watch Dogs and then the Division when they were first revealed. Do you guys think Ubisoft is going to pull a hat trick and have another game to wow us this year? What kind of game will it be? Will you fall for the hype?

I'm hoping that if there is a big surprise, it's a game that's not set in a modern world with guns... or even a future setting with guns. How about a good old sword and sorcery action RPG along the lines of Witcher 3?[
Hmm.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder if this is an RPG.

So Ubisoft probably wants in on the Skyrim market since that sold 20+ million and they don't have one, but their editorial/executive meddling department hates launching anything that isn't realistic-historical, modern day, or near future as a retail game.

This basically allows them to have a game that fits with present day while also having a swords/axes/etc medieval era RPG.

It looks a bit intricate to be a fighting game or a Kinect thing, and I imagine any of those they were making were long since cancelled. That said, this could have been released due to cancellation.

They already have Far Cry's multiplayer to compete with CoD and The Crew to compete with racing games, and The Division is their future RPG, so a fantasy RPG seems to be a missing category for them.

Nemecyst

I could see Ubisoft having success making a console MOBA. Not saying that's what everyone wants, but its something that can be profitable.

AHA-Lambda

So will this be their E3 surprise a la watch dogs and the division?

They already have Far Cry's multiplayer to compete with CoDand The Crew to compete with racing games, and The Division is their future RPG, so a fantasy RPG seems to be a missing category for them.

Far Cry's multiplayer competes with CoD?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So will this be their E3 surprise a la watch dogs and the division?

Far Cry's multiplayer competes with CoD?

Conceptually yes, in terms of userbase not at all.

The angle I'm going for is more product slate as opposed to product success.

If you're a games executive and you're going "I need something to compete with each of the major products out there.", which a lot of them do, then looking at Far Cry's multiplayer and how it works you would see something that looks very mechanically similar to CoD.

Similarly, Watch_Dogs conceptually exists within the same universe as GTA in that it's a modern day open world action adventure third person shooter where you can commit crimes with a lot of similar trappings and some unique spins.

Top Bottom