• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 154 |OT| Return of the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Pretty much the welter weight and light heavy weight divisions right now.

Weidman is a legitimate contender
. And obviously we have no clue how Overeem would do against Dos Santos or if Cain can redeem his embarrassing loss.

I'd like to see him fight the winner of Vitor and Bisping. They are both just as deserving of a shot at the title at this point.

He would at least bring it to GSP and not backpedal which is where I believe Condit messed up the most. Can't give GSP any respect!

GSP will take down anyone though if he wants :(

All Gsp would have to do is jab and circle. Diaz is too flat footed and can't cut off the cage.

And Anderson is ducking Weidman. He's more aggressive than Chael and has a stronger top game. Anderson will fight Bisping before he fights a guy on a 9-0 win streak.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'd like to see him fight the winner of Vitor and Bisping. They are both just as deserving of a shot at the title at this point.

Bisping and his 1 win in a row?

I know what Bisping and Vitor bring to the table and it's not enough. At least Weidman has potential.

Just back from the Centre Bell, god this was intense!

And I don't know if it went through on TV but the atmosphere was absolutely CRAZY - I've seen victories from the Canadien in the same stadium, which are not too bad already noise-wise, but tonight was even more impressive.

Congrats GSP!

It honestly should've been Weidman and Bisping. I just don't see a Bisping/Silva fight as a draw unless Bisping gets knocked out worse than he did by Henderson.

At least with Weidman and a Bisping fight, it would setup Anderson's last middle weight fight. I think it should be against the legitimate #1.

TwTO3.png

amazing streak.

He should not be disappointed in himself over losing to a guy like GSP. He seems like a very nice guy. Beating all these guys, means that he is still one of the baddest fighters on the planet.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Just back from the Centre Bell, god this was intense!

And I don't know if it went through on TV but the atmosphere was absolutely CRAZY - I've seen victories from the Canadien in the same stadium, which are not too bad already noise-wise, but tonight was even more impressive.

Congrats GSP!

You got back already? I thought people would be stuck for at least 2 hours.

Edit: It's on!

And they asked Condit the question I would've. WTF would you do against GSP's wrestling.

They need to ask Hendricks if he was paying attention.

Grifter

Watching the Fuel post-show, they're constantly pushing the superfight and Dana's committed to booking it now, talking to Ariel.

Edit: Twitter poll requesting GSP/Diaz #2, lulz

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
There's a very good chance that Weidman is getting Boetsched.

Just like this press conference.

Norml

All Gsp would have to do is jab and circle. Diaz is too flat footed and can't cut off the cage.

And Anderson is ducking Weidman. He's more aggressive than Chael and has a stronger top game. Anderson will fight Bisping before he fights a guy on a 9-0 win streak.

GSP is not fast enough to do that I think.

Watching the Fuel post-show, they're constantly pushing the superfight and Dana's committed to booking it now, talking to Ariel.

Edit: Twitter poll requesting GSP/Diaz #2, lulz

Anderson has two fights left. Might as well make it his retirement match. If he loses that fight, it doesn't matter.

Dana wants it next, targeting April/May.
Ultimately, he's the boss but some of his decisions lately have been a bit questionable (thought not to take anything from a great executive). He should let them both fight another fight before entertaining this super fight nonsense. And building a division around one person (the women's) shows no long term vision, since the Strike Force doesn't have enough depth to prolong the division and provide meaningful fights other than Rousey.

Takuan

What the hell, I'm not getting any audio in my stream. Couldn't find it on Youtube either. Can someone hook up a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom