• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did McGregor just land a really clean counter with his left? Must've been like hitting a brick wall.

I don't like McGregor but after winning he seems somewhat respectful.

At the same time Aldo seems like he wasn't going to take McGregor seriously. He just charged at him for some reason.

So did McGregor just land a really clean counter with his left? Must've been like hitting a brick wall.

At the same time Aldo seems like he wasn't going to take McGregor seriously. He just charged at him for some reason.

Guess he thought he could take whatever he could dish out.

But when it's a perfectly timed Counter thrown mid way through your own power punch, well...we all saw what happened.

I was hyped for the main event since Conor got in his face in the crowd. To see it end like this is just horrible.

I spent 45 on this card and waited a year to see the actual fight, and it ended in 13 seconds. Man, this has me down. Not paying for cards anymore/teardrops.

caesar

Banned
I was hyped for the main event since Conor got in his face in the crowd. To see it end like this is just horrible.

I spent 45 on this card and waited a year to see the actual fight, and it ended in 13 seconds. Man, this has me down. Not paying for cards anymore/teardrops.
I dont understand this, it was thrilling as fuck.

danthefan

I thought Aldo's body language was weird before the fight. He looked incredibly tense, I wonder if the time between fights, the build up (twice) just did something to him. He's obviously much better than he showed there. McGregor landed a perfect left but Aldo set up the chance on a plate. The fight lasted a bit longer but Brimmage did much the same thing a few fights back against McGregor, charged at him and ended up knocked out in around 60 seconds.

Been a crazy year for championship fights.
New Lightweight, Middleweight, W Bantamweight, Featherweight champs! heck even a new boxing Heavyweight champ.

Congrats to Conor.

Would like to see Aldo get a rematch one day after a few fight night wins.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Because that decision was made a long time ago when she was champion? Are you really asking this or what.

Right after the fight the guy in the ring told Connor that "he is now on the cover of the UFC game". I take it because he, and not Aldo, is the new champion. By that logic Holm should also be o.....eh i was just curious.

Right after the fight the guy in the ring told Connor that "he is now on the cover of the UFC game". I take it because he, and not Aldo, is the new champion. By that logic Holm should also be o.....eh i was just curious.

Rousey was guaranteed but it was decided as a marketing stunt to have Connor and Aldo fight for it.

Good thing too, he's probably the most recognizable face in MMA besides Rousey.

zewone

Surprised (not really) at how slow this thread is moving.

If Conor would have lost this thread would be twice the amount of pages filled with memes and I Told Ya So.

Always looking to hate, not congratulate. Ha

Prototype

Proves Weidman is a fluke. Got lucky twice against Silva. He never had a chance at having a reign like Silva did. Lol Rockhold. He won't go more than a single victory before losing it. None of these chumps can hold a candle to Silva, the greatest fighter in the history of the sport.

Proves Weidman is a fluke. Got lucky twice against Silva. He never had a chance at having a reign like Silva did. Lol Rockhold. He won't go more than a single victory before losing it. None of these chumps can hold a candle to Silva, the greatest fighter in the history of the sport.

Please take your hate elsewhere, Weidman is a great fighter and has proved himself before Silva and after. Also while I can appreciate Anderson's skills his career is forever tarnished by his steroid abuse.

Yaari

For people concerned with Ronda on the cover. That's just how it goes. Shes' rewarded the cover for her previous accomplishments in the sport.

Holly could well lose the title before the game even comes out. You can't always keep these things completely relevant. It's not like other cover starts never lose. At the end of the day Ronda is the reason WMMA even exists in the UFC.

At the end of the day MMA is crazy and dominant champions still can lose their titles.
I'd like Conor to take the center of the cover, if anything. But I don't mind Ronda staying on it.

What the fuck was Aldo thinking with that slow-ass swing? McGregor knocked him out before it even landed, lol. As pissed off as I am, he deserved to lose.

sirap

Doubt the UFC will give him a rematch. With the way Aldo's been criticizing them and Reebok, and the number of times he's been pulled out of fights, I don't see them doing him any favors.

That said, a rematch would mean $$$. Dana will take a shit on his face if it means making bank.

Yaari

Conor vs Cowboy would be fun. He's not going to intimidate Cerrone with his antics haha. But I don't see RDA losing next week.

danthefan

Doubt the UFC will give him a rematch. With the way Aldo's been criticizing them and Reebok, and the number of times he's been pulled out of fights, I don't see them doing him any favors.

That said, a rematch would mean $$$. Dana will take a shit on his face if it means making bank.

McGregor could fight an inanimate carbon rod at this point and it would mean $$$.

oneils

Conor with respectful words to "the only champion in the history of the division." Says he'd be open to a rematch.

Also says he's the champ at 145 and the contender at 155. He will not vacate.

Thanks for this. I passed out at the beginning of the conference.

WhimsicalDeepHoopoe.gif

That's a major if. Dude has had multiple knee injuries...I bet he will lose a lot of his explosiveness when he does come back. :(

Yeah, it's a shame but these injuries are destroying a very promising career, unless he can come back strong and stay healthy he may have to retire before his time.

No thanks to a rematch, just had a whole year of Aldo v McGregor stuff, another 6-8 months of it is not what I want. Let then fight different folk now, instant rematches suck, well done you won the title but you didnt really because you have to fight that person again just to prove you really earned it, even though the other guy was out cold. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom