• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

Coach: Conor McGregor considering lightweight title fight in April, Frankie Edgar in July

I love it.

He can't say much shit to Cowboy. Cowboy will smack him. But RDA? Lol. That could be funny.

Apparently Jones wants to join TMT. Fertitta's going to have to pay up big time starting 2016. Lol.

scabro

do people forget nate fucking diaz had cerrone worked up to the point the dude forgot he had legs

a conor cerrone build would be great

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Really hope Cerrone wins because that would be a really fun matchup and build-up. New RDA is just too bulked up, strong, and well-rounded to face much of a challenge in Conor. He's certainly had an "incredible career transformation" and I think nowadays he's smart enough to just outmuscle Conor to get a clear decision.

Hey Dude

Banned
i think mcg dismantles edgar easily. aside from cub whos a god awful wrestler, edgar has bad top control. mcg will pop up instantly.

Am I the only one interested in watching a redemption card with the same two title fights?
I don't understand why Aldo fans want to see him run immediately back through the media meat grinder and back into the eye of hurricane McGregor's mind-fuck for another half year for a rematch. The buildup to this fight was legendary, it would weigh heavily on a lot of fighters.

Give Aldo another matchup, see how he looks and go from there. Same for Weidman.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This is not gonna get replied too because it all goes against "it was just a fluke" shit peoe are dropping

No joke if you watch the locker room feed of Aldo he practices that step-in where he got clocked. I was seriously thinking they must have showed it to Conor or something, because it was freaky.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
I wouldn't say he's as talented as Floyd or at least not yet. He still has a ton of holes in his game that he's going to need to work on. I'm absolutely ecstatic he won and in the fashion he did it but his road is going to get that much tougher. Styles make fights and imo it plays a much bigger role in MMA than it does in boxing. He's got an extremely rough road ahead with guys like Edgar and Anjos who are stylistic nightmares for him. He definitely has the mental edge and fight IQ on most his opponents which I thought were pivotal during Mayweather and Anderson Silva's respective reigns. I'm hoping he can fill those gaps in his game and stay afloat as a megastar for as long as possible. While he does carry the "Money" persona, he's always going to be held back by that UFC corporate banner. Hopefully he's the one to finally break the glass ceiling and ascend beyond those three letters giving the power back to the fighters (only the ones who deserve it).

I think you misread what I typed. I mean he is UFC's "Money" persona. The personality that Floyd Mayweather took on to hype his big fight against De La Hoya. Personally, I also do not believe that he is as talented as Floyd (who imo is one of GOAT) but he does know how to sell fights (like Mayweather)and does back it up.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKslSiCBLCo

Edit: I agree styles makes fights. Ex: Holm vs. Rousey

BadAss2961

I don't understand why Aldo fans want to see him run immediately back through the media meat grinder and back into the eye of hurricane McGregor's mind-fuck for another half year for a rematch. The buildup to this fight was legendary, it would weigh heavily on a lot of fighters.
He'll have to in order to make up for such an embarrassing loss. Even if he loses, he can pass the torch properly instead of going out in 13 seconds.

Both fighters are fresh. They could do this again in March and be ready for UFC 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom