• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunBR

Maybe it was solely because of ring rust and he'll be better in the future, but nothing Brock did tonight gives me any confidence in him against the top 5 of the division. I'd enjoy watching him beat up the bottom tier though.
Hunt is not the bottom tier

But yes, fighting like today Brock would have huge problems against any wrestler with a better ground or at least with a better cardio. Hunt was gassed at the start of round 2

The Beard

He looked fucking perfect. I thought Frankie wa going to smash him utterly, but Aldo's still got it.

His takedown defense was great. His striking was good, but it's not Conor-tier. Either way, the thought of that rematch is getting me all hot and bothered.

The Beard

So Nunez v. Rousey next?

Dana just got done saying Ronda will get a title shot when she comes back, but he's not sure if she's going to fight this year, he's thinking maybe early next year.

So if Nunez is still the champ when Ronda comes back, then yes. But who the fuck knows with the way that belt has been changing hands lately.

TheFatOne

The audience was booing Brock when he took it to the ground too. They just wanted to see people standing up and trading blows, fuck 'em.

The fans were booing Brock when he was just laying on Hunt without doing anything. When he was on him, and working the crowd was pretty into it. If you just lay on a guy, and do nothing the crowd is going to boo. The crowd seemed perfectly fine in the third round when Brock was on top of Hunt. DC just didn't do anything, and wanted to just get an easy win. That's fine, but the strategy is extremely boring.

So what's the reason for not having all matches be 5 rounds? Felt like the Silva and Hunt matches could have turned interesting if they went longer

TheFatOne

So what's the reason for not having all matches be 5 rounds? Felt like the Silva and Hunt matches could have turned interesting if they went longer

Title vs non title.
Haha, sorry but I had to laugh. Silva was gassed like hell and would be dead if he went 5 rounds (zero camp), same with Hunt/Brock.

DC was gassed and just got hurt. Not so sure about DC in hypothetical rounds 4 and 5. He was pretty gassed as well.

hey MMA GAF sorry I wasn't along for the ride tonight. I was watching the fights with family so I was pretty distracted.

Overall I though the card was ok / solid but not great. Gutted Tate lost but I'm happy to see Brock in the mix. Him in the division could be really damn fun to shake it up

Cheers everyone!

Levito

Banned
DC just said in the post fight press conference that he played it safe because he couldn't rick getting KO'd by Silva. Yup that sounds about right.

DC was gassed and just got hurt. Not so sure about DC in hypothetical rounds 4 and 5. He was pretty gassed as well.

Yeah, DC got hit but I still think he would just wrestlefuck the rest even more. I need to rewatch it to be sure but I think he tried to stay on his feet the last couple of minutes after all that booing.

DC dry humping Silva for 3 rounds was boring as all hell. I think Jones could beat him right now even though he's probably high as shit at this point.

People always like to criticize wrestling, many people still hate GSP because of that.

I'm a HUGE wrestling fan. I do not like dry humping or one fighter acting as a blanket.

Dana just got done saying Ronda will get a title shot when she comes back, but he's not sure if she's going to fight this year, he's thinking maybe early next year.

So if Nunez is still the champ when Ronda comes back, then yes. But who the fuck knows with the way that belt has been changing hands lately.

I didn't like Ronda's attitude or anything, but she made UFC fun to watch because she was so dominant. High parity in fighting isn't fun, the sport needs someone who wins 95%-100% of the time

Yo Cain looked legit fucking amazing tonight honestly just want to add that

Don't understand this line of thinking. He beat a can that is training with cans. If he was still training at Jackson's... maybe I'd give Browne more credit. Instead Ronda probably trained his boxing.

M_A_C

When GSP was using wrestling to advance positions and trying to finish fights, people had no problem with it. When he started using wrestling to just lay on guys, people didn't like it

100% correct. I love fighters who try and finish the fight in some way, not just score points for a decision.

Fox318

Man. Some people ask the stupidest questions in these fucking conferences.

Wait was there doubt he'd beat Anderson Silva on 2 days notice just coming off Gall Bladder surgery with no camp?
Ton of talk that Spider was gonna revert to pre Usada and suddenly ko DC.

DC gets so much hate and it's Bullshit.

He would have beat Jones and Jones feeling the need to cheat like his makis other clients shows it.

Don't understand this line of thinking. He beat a can that is training with cans. If he was still training at Jackson's... maybe I'd give Browne more credit. Instead Ronda probably trained his boxing.

I'm not judging Travis.

I'm judging watching Cain, his movement, his strikes, his pacing, etc.

You can judge a fighters condition irregardless of opponent in many ways if you know what to look for. This is the best Cain has looked in quite a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom