• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 212 Aldo vs Holloway: Now We Will See Who Is The Real Cham...Number Two!!!

Holloway already beat Cub so odds are low they fight soon. Frankie is basically guaranteed to get the fight because he's a fresh match up

Joe Rogan said the same thing I said on his live podcast. He is probably watching MMA longer than you've been alive.

Joe says dumb stuff all the time. Just look back at all the nonsense he said about Rousey. Using him as a footnote is not really a good idea.

All Cub Swanson fights are entertaining though so him getting Holloway wouldn't be a bad thing.

It would definitely be a fun fight. I want my boy Frankie to get his hands on the FW belt but if Cub gets the chance first, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I wouldn't take what Joe says on his fight companion too seriously as they're usually drunk as fuuuuuuck and/or baked to the gills the entire time

Syder

I wouldn't take what Joe says on his fight companion too seriously as they're usually drunk as fuuuuuuck and/or baked to the gills the entire time
They went to JFK pretty quickly after the main event finished
KuGsj.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
He's beat every top FW besides Frankie.

By what measure? He has two wins over the current top 10 featherweights, three when Mendes comes back. He did not by any stretch of the imagination clean out the division. He probably would have if he stayed around but that isn't the same as actually doing it.

zewone

By what measure? He has two wins over the current top 10 featherweights, three when Mendes comes back. He did not by any stretch of the imagination clean out the division. He probably would have if he stayed around but that isn't the same as actually doing it.
he beat the two guys fighting for the belt tonight. Anyone else in the division is less talent than them.

Should he come back back just to appease Conor haters?

As far as what goes? Dude has never defened a title. If you consider him a greatest of ALL time, then you're not taking ALL TIME into account.
He's the greatest of now.

All that matters.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
he beat the two guys fighting for the belt tonight. Anyone else in the division is less talent than them.

Should he come back back just to appease Conor haters?

He's the greatest of now.

All that matters.

He's not a featherweight now, so by your rules he doesn't matter for shit

McGregor vs Holloway II could sell, assuming Conor comes back to the division.

Holloway had his moments in the Conor bout, but he's evolved as a fighter. TKO'd Pettis and Aldo? Let's go.

Aldo's chin can't hang with his stand and bang style, he's like 100 in fight years. Conor would have slept him again.

Holloway has a retarded strong chin and his fight IQ has improved tremendously, I'd be excited for that rematch with McGregor.

I'd love to see it, Holloway was too green back then. Both fighters have evolved, but I think Holloway evolved more. It would be an interesting fight, but McGregor ain't going back down to 145.

zewone

I'd love to see it, Holloway was too green back then. Both fighters have evolved, but I think Holloway evolved more. It would be an interesting fight, but McGregor ain't going back down to 145.
Max could go up. He walks around at 185 according to his camp

145 champ vs 155 champ ala McGregor vs Alvarez.

I'd like to see it.

McGregor vs Holloway II could sell, assuming Conor comes back to the division.

Holloway had his moments in the Conor bout, but he's evolved as a fighter. TKO'd Pettis and Aldo? Let's go.

Aldo's chin can't hang with his stand and bang style, he's like 100 in fight years. Conor would have slept him again.

Holloway has a retarded strong chin and his fight IQ has improved tremendously, I'd be excited for that rematch with McGregor.
He had his moments? Conor absolutely toyed with him and the only reason it went to decision was that Conor popped a knee so kept him on the ground the rest of the fight

But yes he has evolved significantly. But going off that performance, Conor would have demolished him in those first two rounds

Oscar

He had his moments? Conor absolutely toyed with him and the only reason it went to decision was that Conor popped a knee so kept him on the ground the rest of the fight

But yes he has evolved significantly. But going off that performance, Conor would have demolished him in those first two rounds
Yes, moments like:

Conor decisively won that bout, no argument there, but it seems like everyone dismisses the fact that they were BOTH injured. Holloway fucked up his ankle under a minute into the bout.

Only likelihood of a rematch would be Max moving up to 155 for a "superfight". That's if he defends his belt against Frankie.

sirap

Great performance by Holloway. I was rooting for Aldo to put out a vintage WEC performance but the better fighter won. That swelling looked nasty.

Will be interesting to see who fights next. Frankie? His takedowns could be dangerous for Holloway.

Max could go up. He walks around at 185 according to his camp

145 champ vs 155 champ ala McGregor vs Alvarez.

I'd like to see it.

Where did you hear that?

That's hard to believe unless he gets fat or some shit.

I was watching a promo thing awhile back, and in it he said himself that he was like 155 towards the end of camp.

Gah damnit! Why did Korean Zombie have to get injured.

If he beat Lamas he'd probably be close to a title shot and a fight with him and Holloway would be amazing.

Quake1028

Actually, I tend to "hate" on overrated sports media stars who are idolized through prisoner of the moment bias. I give true greats their due.

McGregor and Lebron are not in the conversation of their respective sports as the greatest.

You are right about Conor, might only be because of time, who knows, but your blind hatred of LeBron makes you dead wrong. Every respected basketball writer I see has him at least top 5 of all-time, and most top 2-3. If that's not in the conversation, I don't know what is.

Top Bottom