• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 239: Jones vs. Santos

TrainedRage

Banned
He took the coexist bumper sticker too far.

Santos about to KO himself. LMFAO cartwheel kick?!?!? at the bell???

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Jones is just dull. Nothing here compares to him destroying shogun.

Hopefully the token female judge fucks it up and 3 2 Santos.

Last edited:
I know it sounds crazy but dude Jones hasn't landed anything and Santos is at least throwing hard shots and landing some.

I can absolutely see a decision going to Santos. This is wild. Jones just throwing leg kicks, telegraphed spinning elbows, and way off the mark spinning head kicks.

I guess knocking down Santos with leg kicks counts too, but I dunno man.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Either bones is very confident in the points (doubtful) or bones is actually off the PEDs

either way Santos was very impressive

Last edited:
jones deserved to win. you dont win by throwing haymakers that dont hit. thiago is a bum.

A lot of them at least partially landed, and some landed flush, Jon just has a fucking titanic chin, and Jon threw very few haymakers and hardly any landed.

Most of the impact from Jones was leg kicks that Santos fell down from due to the injury.

Throwing and missing is better than throwing nothing at all.

Last edited:

Allforce

I know I'm not a fucking professional fight judge but in my 30+ years watching boxing/MMA I feel like every time I see a fight where it's clear one guy beat the other and it goes to the judges it goes the complete opposite way. Often times in the most bizarre result possible.

I don't know what the answer is, they've been dealing with this shit since Roy Jones got robbed in 88 in the Seoul Olympic Games and at age 11 I finally realized the world isn't fair.

Last edited:
A lot of them at least partially landed, and some landed flush, Jon just has a fucking titanic chin, and Jon threw very few haymakers and hardly any landed.

Most of the impact from Jones was leg kicks that Santos fell down from due to the injury.

Throwing and missing is better than throwing nothing at all.

jon did land and was backing him up the entire time. just because he did some stupid bullrush that did nothing means just that. it did nothing. the most he did was kick jons legs

Last edited:
If I am DC, I am figuring out how quickly I can drop to 205 after the Stipe fight.

I know I'm not a fucking professional fight judge but in my 30+ years watching boxing/MMA I feel like every time I see a fight where it's clear one guy beat the other it goes the opposite way. Often times in the most bizarre explanation possible.

The professional fight judges aren't much better than any of us, to be honest. Some absolute clown scorecards week to week.

Top Bottom