• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2

MY5VQu8.jpg

Main
D1Nl4QT.jpg

Source, other cards and starting times in your area.

UFC youtube page for free fights, vlogs & updates

Think DC has this, but Stipe has the tools to get an upset. Hopefully he's learnt to put his hands up after the clinch or it could be identical to last time.

Pettis I think has the diaz fight due to octagon rust, but Diaz is what's the word..? Unpredictable. More insight needed. Tesseract Tesseract is a fan, so if he joins us we might read more.

Yoel I'm rooting for, I've expressed my opinion in the general thread about this one.

Last edited:
Stipe stand up game is better, Dc ground game, Stipe might win.
Diaz good boxing but he make mistakes (alot of them), Petis got slopy and fat lately, Diaz ftw.
Sodiq yusuf is tuff.

My honest opinion is there is nowhere that Stipe is better than DC. I think how sensational DC is gets overlooked just because of the two JJ losses. Stipe is awesome, I just think DC is one of the greatest to ever to do it, top one percent of all time.

Maybe Stipe has better "pure boxing" but the margin is small and not going to make a difference, imo. "Pure boxing" doesn't even equal better MMA striking, necessarily.

DC's resume gets overlooked. People forget he was mashing at HW before dropping to LHW. Never lost at HW and only lost to JJ at LHW.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Based on the first fight (stipe vs dc) Dc got blasted standing, he was eating those punches, stipe got confident rushed it and bam, i saw a lucky KO, i believe stipe gonna be more cautious this time, definitely keeping hes distance.

I agree with you completely JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered

But I’m still hyped for the fight because it’s heavyweight, so Stipe definitely has a chance. But I’m more looking forward to the card in general which is nice, hopefully it brings it like whoever set it up wanted it to!

Yeah, I mean the bottom line is at HW anything can happen, especially with two very skilled fighters. DC also has age creeping up on him more and more each time out. I'm not saying DC is a sure thing, don't get me wrong.

Should be interesting.

Last edited:

Carton

Watching the first Stipe vs DC fight again on YouTube, I think Stipe is in for a long (or short) night. Besides bullying DC up against the fence and leaning his weight on him, I just don’t see what strategy is conducive to a Stipe win. DC will threaten a knockout with each exchange (and I think he will find that button again), and Stipe won’t be able to out wrestle him. Either way, I look forward to it!

Diaz vs Pettis should be a solid fight: I think Diaz’s durability and pressure will wear Pettis down by end of round 2 and he’ll go on to win a decision; however, Pettis is a dangerous man, so he could do enough damage to stop Diaz while he’s still crisp and dynamic in the early half of the fight.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
The main thing holding me off picking Diaz is the three year layoff. Should be a good fight, regardless.
Pettis has been on a role no doubt, his Wonderboy knockout really surprised me. I LOVE his fight with Tony Ferguson and it was a shame that it had to be stopped. That said, I still think that Diaz just has the grit and dirty boxing/bjj to pull out a win. Diaz will come out bloody and fucked up looking like always, but he'll get the job done.

I love that the Cuban Terminator is finally back. His fights with Bobby Knucks are 2 of the best fights Middleweight fights of all time, just a battle. Would love to see them go at it again.

Stip/Miocic is the fight I'm most interested in, DC is one of my favorites EVER, he executed his game plan perfectly. But I kinda agree with Miocic when he said that he wins that fight 9/10 time and that it was just DC's night. Who the fuck knows though, DC winning would be amazing and solidify him as my personal GOAT. I'd LOVE to see a DC win and then a Heavyweight callout to Jones. "Jon Jone's EAT SOME POPEYES YOUNG MAN I'M COMING FOR YOU"

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cormier has got to be the most boring successful fighter ever. Him and Jake Shields.

Here's Cormier's game plan every match.

1. Stand in middle of ring
2. Pin opponent by underhooking him and chest bumping him into the fence
3. Try to knock take down opponent and wrestle him into submission
4. Only punch and kick if needed

It seems to work, but is so boring.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Cormier has got to be the most boring successful fighter ever. Him and Jake Shields.

Here's Cormier's game plan every match.

1. Stand in middle of ring
2. Pin opponent by underhooking him and chest bumping him into the fence
3. Try to knock take down opponent and wrestle him into submission
4. Only punch and kick if needed

It seems to work, but is so boring.
He flattened Antonio Silva, bodied Josh Barnett, knocked out Stipe, choked out Rumble Johnson twice, crucifixed Oezdemir. He isn't the most exciting, but his whole motto from day 1 has always been "embrace the grind." He's beating people in substantially better looking shape on stamina. Not to mention he KNOCKED OUT STIPE! One of the hardest hitting strikers in the world being Francis Ngannou couldn't do that in 5 rounds, DC did it in 1. His last 4 fights have been 2 submissions, 1 KO, and 1 TKO. He's a monster in a teddy bears body.

Last edited:

Romulus

DC has that Chris Farley fat dude gene that doesn't make sense when they move so damn well, except DC is trimmer because he's trained MMA his whole life.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'm onestly more hyped for costa vs romero, the steroid bowl.
Give us a steroid league. Let them juice up as much as possible.....

My buddies would always make the joke that is Shang Tsung were to come to earth and say "give us your greatest fighter." The world as a collective whole would pump up Jon Jones full of juice and send him off to defend us.

GymWolf

My buddies would always make the joke that is Shang Tsung were to come to earth and say "give us your greatest fighter." The world as a collective whole would pump up Jon Jones full of juice and send him off to defend us.
Do you even imagine a roided cejudo?

I'd send Zabit.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Jonny "Juice" Jones
Demetrius "Gym Candy" Johnson
Henry "Stacking" Cejudo
Dustin "Pumpin'" Poirier
Tony "Badger Milk" Ferguson
"Anabolic" Amanda Nunes
Alistair "Horse Meat" Ubereem
"Roiding" Robert Whittaker

Last edited:
His performance against stephens was kinda revelatory...

His chin has been tested but he hasn't been knocked down. Wrestling, discipline & technique I've never seen. He's a complete martial artist & fighter. He's training at the highest levels.

Has no pico though.

Top Bottom