• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington

Usman or Covington?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DKehoe

He straight up comes out to Kurt Angle's entrance theme. He thinks it's the WWE and he's going to play the heel character to instant fame. Too bad he has like 1/100th the charisma Kurt Angle did. It's a really bad pro wrestler heel persona in an actual combat sport and it looks phony as shit.

In general the fake trash talking in UFC is cringe tier. These guys are trying to be serious athletes in a sport trying to get mainstream acceptance as a serious competitive sport shown on ESPN and then they act like it's Smackdown and it's fucking embarrassing.

MMA has always had pro wrestling in its DNA. There wasn’t some mythical period where it was a pure sport. It’s always been carny bullshit. Embrace it.

Ornlu

Banned
No one acts like that, who sprints because they're mad. If it was because he was pissed he would have stormed off yelling shit.

People do all sorts of weird shit after getting hit in the head repeatedly.

Just anecdotal, but I had a boxing match back in the day where my opponent got frustrated that I had him up against the ropes with the top of my head by his solar plexus (it's something you can do in boxing), and was fucking him up with body shots...so he clubbed the fuck out of the back of my head right where the skull meets the neck. I never passed out, but I distinctly remember my vision being all jacked for an hour after, like that shitty filter Hollywood puts over movies that are supposed to be set in Mexico.

TLDR = Brain trauma is a bitch

People do all sorts of weird shit after getting hit in the head repeatedly.

Just anecdotal, but I had a boxing match back in the day where my opponent got frustrated that I had him up against the ropes with the top of my head by his solar plexus (it's something you can do in boxing), and was fucking him up with body shots...so he clubbed the fuck out of the back of my head right where the skull meets the neck. I never passed out, but I distinctly remember my vision being all jacked for an hour after, like that shitty filter Hollywood puts over movies that are supposed to be set in Mexico.

TLDR = Brain trauma is a bitch
Yea that's true.

manfestival

A few thoughts.
I missed rounds 2-3 of Moraes vs Aldo. I can't comment on it.
Usman vs Covington was definitely bad blood. No grappling from Usman because he just wanted to put a beat down on Colby and assert his alphaness. I get it but it seems lame that THAT was his strategy. I would've liked to see his grappling in utter dominance. I am glad I was not a judge for the fight. I kinda had it 2-2 going into the 5th from watching at this event I went to. I get why people would hate the call but I do feel like the call was fine. Was he defending himself? Yeah but they use the term "intelligently defending" themselves. This allows for these situations to go either way and I think it was within reason. Based on the judges scorecards this was gonna be a split decision win for Usman as he clearly had the 5th round.

Nunes match... much more boring than expected but the end result was true.

Holloway vs Volkankovski - This is the story that is being completely overshadowed by Usman and Covington. Which is really disappointing.

Faber - Hang up the gloves brother

NYR

Jorge is the true BMF CHAMP. Fuck snowflake Covington, that whiny lil bitch.

OcNlxKi.jpg

Top Bottom