• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 258: Usman vs. Burns

Usman or Burns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hM-KxT.gif

Burns was rightly nervous, he didn't have much of a plan & tried to invite Usman to grapple. Kam said no thanks, kicked & punched him. No energy in that second round.

Happy to see Kamarus boxing improve under Wittman. Putting his weight behind that jab made it deadly. He's just gonna get better there. We need to get him a hype man as Charisma is lacking. At 170 he has no competition atm, Masvidal would be a good money fight, Colby he'll destroy. Leon Edwards only 170er that I think can beat Usman.

Wasn't a bad event. Nunes imo should've been the co-main, she pulled out of 256 & there was no reason for her to be in 259 (two great title fights), except it'll get more views & thus better cut of the purse.

Press conference time.

Concern

How did people think Burns was ready for Usman.
Hes a proper problem basically cleaned out the division at this point.

V Venomgxt D dyergram Irobot82 Irobot82 Ribi Ribi The Fartist The Fartist Concern Concern

Did you guys really think Burns had a chance?

On Topic
Maycee Barber losing brings a smile to my face....stop hyping her up.
Shes not special.

As I stated I was going "against the grain". Lets be honest tho, Burns had an adrenaline dump clearly in the first round. In the second he was already breathing heavy.

Then again, no point in discussing with what's most likely just a casual with no knowledge of the sport or fighting in general lol.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
As I stated I was going "against the grain". Lets be honest tho, Burns had an adrenaline dump clearly in the first round. In the second he was already breathing heavy.

Then again, no point in discussing with what's most likely just a casual with no knowledge of the sport or fighting in general lol.

Ohh you certainly burned me with that one.

The Fartist

Gold Member

V Venomgxt D dyergram Irobot82 Irobot82 Ribi Ribi The Fartist The Fartist Concern Concern

On Topic
Shes not special.
I was more of the mind of wanting him to loose after the way he handled Masvidal, it didn't sit well with me, rather than me thinking he couldn't beat Burns. That's all. 🤷‍♂️

Lol, this guy picks the fight wrong and proceeds to go into defense mode by saying “oh you’re probably a casual.” Hope your jiu-jitsu is better than your insults hahaha.

Irobot82

On Topic
Shes not special.
Marty is just so fucking boring and phony. He isn't exciting, UFC tried hard to pump this event. Nobody cares. That's why I wanted Burns to win.

Venomgxt

On Topic
Shes not special.
I definitely thought Burns had chance, especially how he performed against Woodley.

Usman tho clearly showed he's on another level. I now want an Usman vs Covington rematch.

....or vs Wonderboy

Top Bottom