• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 265: Lewis vs. Gane

Lewis or Gane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Saturday can't come fast enough indeed. We've had a PPV without belts & with Nunez getting rona means an interim title is best we'll get.

Is there a discount for ppvs like this in the US? I know bt sport rarely charge for a PPV.

I don't think so gotta pay the full $70 or $75 I forget whatever I don't mind... was hyped to see the nunes vs pena fight tho :messenger_loudly_crying: even tho I thought nunes was gonna win i like both of them haha so many ppl on social media are complaining and think this should just be a fight night I wonder how many buys its gonna get

I love Lewis and chose Lewis by KO but Gane is way more athletic being the same size and can KO the fuck out of anyone as well.

I think Gane should win if it goes the distance but I feel Lewis just has to hit him once and lights out like he did with many of his previous opponents so I picked Lewis by KO

mekes

I haven’t seen Gane fight yet, this weekend will be the first time for me. But I’m a big Lewis fan. He adds so much to the heavyweight division with his personality and finishes. I hope Derrick gets the win, I would love to see him raise the belt.

And then we get a crazy unification fight. The sequel to the best fight of all time 😂

Praying for the Black Beast. Dude has been a favorite of mine for YEARS and years. Tough matchup for him though. We'll see, should be a spectacle either way though.

Really going for Luque as well, can't really stand Chiesa. Luque is a monster though, so I'm pretty confident he'll take that fight.

All in all though, not a really exciting card on paper. We'll see, hoping for some surprises.

Last edited:
Song Yadong looked pretty good. At the least, he did a lot better than I assumed since it was my first time watching him fight.

Torres vs Hill was boring. Hill talked a lot of crap in that conference, but wow, could she just not fight any more stiffer than those three rounds.

Unfortunate, I was rooting for her.

Man, woke up right as the main card began so I totally missed it. Going to have a watch of the prelims once this is all over.

Glad I know which fight to tune into first!

Damn that's happened to me a few times before, such a shitty feeling waking up and a bunch of fights are already done lol. You missed lots of good stuff but that fight was my favorite so far. Good choice on watching all of the prelims, it's worth it.

Aldo is such an OG. He showed a masterclass performance tonight, and props to the commentators because they did a great job breaking down his gameplan as the fight went on.

I really want Aldo to win the Bantamweight title and retire as the Legend he is, and wipe his name clean from that haunting defeat from Conor. Really felt like since that lost, a lot of people forget how much he did for the sport prior to that fight.

Winning a new title would refresh that image and forever put him as a GOAT without anyone forgetting ever again.

mekes

Good win by Gane.

I've only seen a handful of Lewis fights and they were the same.... big KO punch, or plays possum(?) getting hit and then lands a wild punch to win it.

Aside from giant KO power punches, is Lewis good at anything else?
I mean, hes pretty good at surviving until he gets his punch. I hadn't seen Gane fight before last night but what a tricky fighter. Can see Lewis would definitely need a plan B for this fight.

Lewis couldnt find the answer. I suppose he does just coast by on his strength. Still love the guy tho.

Giant confused face at Derrick Lewis only throwing 3 fights (according to Dana) in the entire matchup.

I mean, I knew Gane had the upperhand going in, but I just expected a few more punches going in.

Looking at Lewis at the start of the fight, I saw he had a look of worry but brushed it off as him being focused.

But seeing that entire fight with that look on his face, definitely just looked like he had no idea what in the world he was doing there against a guy who can move faster than any other heavyweight in the division.

Lewis threw 3 punches in three rounds. Exactly 1 per round. He's not interested in any belt as he's said before. This was done to take any negotiating power from Jones/Ngannou. That was #2 vs #3.

Heavyweight & LW are dogshit compared to WW & below.

There were some decent fights in this fight night.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
fell asleep right before this match lol good for gane, but was rooting for derrick felt sorry losing in his hometown.

GymWolf

What a great card.

The counter choke from luque, tecia fucking up the annoying hill, vintage aldo and gane fucking up lewis.

Lol gane is gonna expose ngannou BADLY.

What a great card.

The counter choke from luque, tecia fucking up the annoying hill, vintage aldo and gane fucking up lewis.

Lol gane is gonna expose ngannou BADLY.
Vintage Aldo was my personal highlight.

He put out such a banger, and I'm thoroughly impressed by his speed.

I sincerely hope he reigns champ again by next year!

Top Bottom