• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier

Oliveira or Poirier?

• Oliveira by decision.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poirier by TKO (doctor stoppage).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ribi

That clout chasing bItch poorer gnna hopefully get done up. Clout chaser cried in interviews and social media to fight Conor for years to get his red panty night. Got it then got it again. It's no surprise he's friends with puppy eyed masvidal. Clout chasers won't ever win a real belt. Let's go Oliveira!

Don't think it'll reach championship rounds, RNC by the 3rd round. Poirier has a punchers chance & maybe a bit more but I'd rather see Gaethje or more deservedly the winner of Makhechev v Dariush get the next title shot.

Conor has two fights left on his contract. Don't really care who he fights, the exhibition route after ufc better for him & mma imo.

Nunez should be easy win as well as she has no competition till the ufc sign Kayla Harrison at least.

O'malley is gonna wisely continue as a free agent after his contract is done I think. Woodley will have made more money in his two fights against Jake Paul than he has in his UFC Career. That's a better route for Sean than the UFC.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The problem with the ufc is their casuals are frozen, nobody knows the narratives because the only opportunity to watch an event as at the end of the day sometimes at a bar you got NFL, NBA, MLB games just running all over UFC and what does Dana White do? I think he takes shots event after event. Finally I’ll get to my picks, Nunez owns the UFC womens division I don’t know if you could question her game and you could tell she’s proud to be a fighter. W. Poirier I think talks loud and actually backs it up. W.

SteadyEvo

Hope Paiva beats O’Malley but I vaguely remember his last fight so that seems unlikely. For a guy that talks a ton of shit he’s in no hurry to face stiff competition.

GymWolf

I root for olives so of course dustin is gonna win...

Pena smug and shit talking are gonna severely bite her fine ass on saturday, nunes is gonna eat her alive.

Hopefully rainbow moronic hairs is gonna win so the next opponent is gonna be a ranked guy.

Praying for a munhoz ko, i can't stand cruz and his smug.

Neal is gonna lose if ponzinibbio can stay a bit technical, but if they brawl it is a coin toss, neal has some decent power.

Ige vs emmet is probably gonna be fight of the night if the main event doesn't deliver, i have emmet for this one.

Rooting for garbrandt even just to make bitchsanya sad that his teammate is losing.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

They are both terrible tbh.

It is sad that the best trio right now is composed by bispings, anik and felder...
Hard disagree. Cruz makes the broadcast so much better and is my favorite out of all of them. I would much rather hear the technical happenings of a fight than the mindless banter that is spewed from the rest of them.

chixdiggit

Olivera by submission. Toss up fight for sure though. I wouldn't be surprised if Dustin wins by decision.

Nunes by murder.

Ponzinibbio by Decision. Geoff with a possible 3 losses in a row makes him dangerous however.

Kara-France by TKO. Not a believer that Garbrandt can succeed at flyweight.

Paiva by submission. Paiva is the more well rounded fighter.

Cruz by Decision. Praying for a Cruz ko, i love cruz and his smug.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I guess ill pick Porier by decision but a very tough matchup to pick, who knows.

I was a Garbarandt fan after he beat Dominic Cruz but his career sort of went south since then. Probably not fair he had to fight an EPO'd Diallashaw 2x.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I guess ill pick Porier by decision but a very tough matchup to pick, who knows.

I was a Garbarandt fan after he beat Dominic Cruz but his career sort of went south since then. Probably not fair he had to fight an EPO'd Diallashaw 2x.
such a good fight.. I'm surprised they haven't tried to run it back

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Porier gave conor and just about everyone trouble you should be worried picking a twig like Oliveira.

GymWolf

Porier gave conor and just about everyone trouble you should be worried picking a twig like Oliveira.
Oliveira is a much better fighter than current conor.

Far more way to end a fight, better kicker, far better grappler (don't get fooled by the new shoulders bumps, only punchingbag cowboy was able to make look that move somehow damaging) and submission artist, and as you can see from the latest fights, ko power\precision\timing in his hands (i mean gaetjie wasn't capable of ko chandler with gigantic punches and charles fucked him with a single short hook...)

Conor has a more powerful\shocking straight left punch and that's it, olives has better hooks and jabs.
Oliveira has also better knees and elbows from grappling positions, not to mention all the spinning stuff.

Dustin was getting dusted by fucking hooker and he still had enough skill to manhandle conor...i know mma maths doesn't work but still...

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Main card: my picks for the main and co-main is oliveira and nunes I hope nunes doesn't go too hard on Pena I've been a fan of her kinda since I saw her on TUF I like both of them. oliveira and dustin is kind of hard to choose but I think Oliveira is going to try a submission if it stays standing and goes the distance might be in dustin's favor though.

SpiceRacz

O'Malley looked sharp. That was a great finish.

Speaking of 135 - I know it's not going to happen, but I want to see Cruz vs Aldo at some point. Cruz has more left in the tank that I originally thought.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Well, I think that's it for Cody. I can see the UFC hanging on to him, but he really should retire at this point. He could go in fight in ONE Championship I suppose. He'd probably get worked over there too though.

Kerotan

Decent card so far.

Really looking forward to these last 2 fights. Will nunes finally get a challenge and will porier finally win a belt?

The main event is impossible to call and I'm so nervous for both of them.

MastAndo

Nunes just too strong, surprised this made it to the 2nd.

EDIT: Nevermind! Holy smokes!

Last edited:

MastAndo

Man, that had to be one of the most uninspired and sloppy rounds I have ever seen from an elite and heavily favored fighter.

Awesome stuff by Pena, capped it off by dropping an MF bomb right in her kid's ear during the post-fight interview.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow! Nunes goes down! Pena clobbered her. A tank. Nunes punches barely affected her trading punches.

Very similar to someone staying on their feet and standing toe to toe against Ronda Rousey. If you can stay on your feet and trade punches you got a chance. And when Buster Douglas stood firm against Tyson. Half the time when these champs steamroll opponents it's like the opponent is too afraid to be aggressive. But sometimes you just to face it and plow ahead.

Good to see Nunes lose. She has a very Rousey-like vibe of gloating and bragging sometimes. Just like Holly Holm, I'll root for Pena until she loses.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Amanda should be embarrassed by this performance.

God awful fight IQ. She completely abandoned discipline and went for a slugfest, only to then quit when the going got tough.

She deserved to lose.

Juliana deserved to win.

SpiceRacz

Going with Poirier in this one. My main concern is that Poirier has taken a lot of fucking damage in his career. He's in the top 10 or 12 of most strikes absorbed in UFC history.

Top Bottom