• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 275: Teixeira vs. Procházka - Singapore - June 11

Who wins: Teixeira or Prochazka? Shevchenko or Santos? Weili or Jedrzejczyk?

• Teixeira, Santos, Weili.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teixeira, Santos, Jedrzejczyk.

• Prochazka, Santos, Weili.

• Prochazka, Shevchenko, Jedrzejczyk.

• Prochazka, Santos, Jedrzejczyk.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GymWolf

Only saw the jiri fight with dom I wonder how his takedown defense is because glover will wrestle
He is a physical specimen so maybe he can stop 1-2 takedowns by sheer strenght, but if glover take him down, it's good night.

And glover can also win by ko, jiri is super wild and his defense is meh and he has to worry about the takedown.

I think the fight is gonna end in the first round.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I always thought Kang was gonna develop into something solid, instead, he's been winning mediocre fights against low-level opponents until he eventually meets some top 15 guy.

And Matthews needs a finish, he is never gonna turn the corner is he.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Interesting to see Czech in this field. Not that I care beyond that, but I was taken away by using long a in thread title

MaestroMike

Gold Member

Some BS I think they skipped the press conference. :messenger_face_steam: Whatever.

Edit: They had a virtual one like a month ago.

Last edited:
Stoked for Jake, he looked incredible. So sharp.

Such a nice down to earth dude too, while his gym is in Epping he lives in my town (small rural town of about sub 10,000 total population). Trains at my local gym.

Now hoping for some Jiri fireworks.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
was unable to see most of the the prelims unfortunately :messenger_angry: felt like I've seen fialho fight a lot recently good to see him bang, but nice precision shots by jake never seen this guy fight I don't think. for these next fights I'm picking weili even tho I'm rooting for joanna, then shevchenko and next I pick teixeira because of his wrestling. if he can't take him down then jiri will probably win standing I feel teixeira has that old man strength to take him down once or twice tho hes got to lol

Usman back sooner than expected! Also hope Dana makes Khamzat vs Belial Mohammed for fight island . Needs to be #1 contenders match.

i feel like usman is going to drop out because of his hand still rehabbing and they're going to do an interim title match

MaestroMike

Gold Member
shevchenko had the last two rounds I think sh!!!t santos could take this lol

edit: nvm shev got it lol

Last edited:
was unable to see most of the the prelims unfortunately :messenger_angry: felt like I've seen fialho fight a lot recently good to see him bang, but nice precision shots by jake never seen this guy fight I don't think. for these next fights I'm picking weili even tho I'm rooting for joanna, then shevchenko and next I pick teixeira because of his wrestling. if he can't take him down then jiri will probably win standing I feel teixeira has that old man strength to take him down once or twice tho hes got to lol

i feel like usman is going to drop out because of his hand still rehabbing and they're going to do an interim title match

Valentina was lucky with that decision, man….

I am worried about Glover taking this to the ground because Jiri is just such a dynamic and exciting guy. I think he will be a fan fav for years if he can make a claim on the LHW division.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Man, that was one for the ages. Unfortunate ending for Glover though, he had that round and the fight. Too insistent on taking it to the ground when he had Jiri out on his feet a few times.

Absolute instant classic, Jiri was done and then CHOKED OUT GLOVER!?!?

Insanity. Holy shit.

That didn’t feel like an MMA fight it felt like a fight to the death, the chin on those guys is unbelievable and as someone who trains pushing 40, Glover’s cardio has me in awe. That was a hall of famer. Can’t believe how it ended.

Last edited:

-MD-

Honestly I'd like to see them run it back, Glover only has a couple fights left in him and he was ahead on the scorecards so why not.

Top Bottom