• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 284: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski - Perth, Australia - February 11

Who wins: Makhachev or Volkanovski? Rodríguez or Emmett? Maddalena or Brown?

• Makhachev, Rodríguez, Maddalena.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Makhachev, Emmett, Maddalena.

• Makhachev, Rodríguez, Brown.

• Makhachev, Emmett, Brown.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volkanovski, Rodríguez, Maddalena.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Volkanovski, Emmett, Maddalena.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Volkanovski, Rodríguez, Brown.

• Volkanovski, Emmett, Brown.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I should also be transparent with my bias as I am more of an Islam guy mainly from Khabib but being involved with him but I do like both guys. These are the kind of fights that you get a little bit nervous for just because you're not sure or the hype machine will make you question even if you feel really confident about your guy.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Could be wrong but I feel like volk has a 0% chance of winning

Ive been watching MMA for about 23 years. Size matters especially as fighters have become more skilled and more well rounded.

Stranger things have happened but would be tough for Volk to win this.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
i like both guys, but I got Islam he was training in the mountains in cold weather his gas tank/cardio is gonna be nuts. I think he said he wants to KO volk, but I think hes going to end up relying on his grappling and get the submission like he did for all his other finishes. still don't want to count out volk cuz of his striking so if Islam stands with volk maybe volk can pull something out of his hat but I'm pretty sure islam is gonna grapple to empty some of volk's gas tank and take some of the pop out of his strikes if he does choose to stand.

not sure about rodriguez vs emmet I know emmet has that power but rodriguez should be the better striker and I know he has great cardio so I'll go with rodriguez and def not sure for brown vs maddalena but I'll go with brown

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

I think we haven't had proof of Makhachev gas tank, so for me it is whether or not you believe he can finish Volk inside of 3.
I think Volk will push pace on him that he can't follow, we've seen him being confortable with that against Holloway.
Makhachev may have that pace but we just don't know, I think he doesn't. So Volk on points.

After that I have Emmet by stoppage and Maddalena on points.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

The size difference can't be overstated here. Volk's gas tank is insane though. I think we'll know the direction of this fight pretty quick into the match.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
yair's entertaining didn't expect a submission i thought he was mainly a striker him vs volk for the next ppv maybe end of spring/start of summer

Top Bottom