• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight Night 147: Till vs. Masvidal

Winner of main event?

• Till

• Masvidal

Results are only viewable after voting.
045554_LDN_OnSale_Now_1200x1200_O2-7e6e82b134.jpg

UFC® today announced their eagerly anticipated return to London on Saturday 16 March at The O2, marking the organisation’s 11th live event in the capital.

Source + tickets

Main:
e9kjusm_d.jpg

Prelims:
KTzyd6z_d.jpg

P9o3jlu_d.jpg

It's coming to London and I won't be attending :(. Not sure if Till will do it, will update as we go along.

Last edited:
Conor McGregor arrested. Allegedly was approached by fan while leaving night club in Miami, fan tried to snap a picture and Conor grabbed phone and smashed it.

Is he on probation from the bus incident?

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I used to train at the same gym with Nathanial Wood (Titan) and he was always a really nice guy and hard worker. I don't really train or follow MMA as much anymore but I hope he gets the win on home soil. Last event I attended was Picketts retirement fight in London and it was sad to see him go out with a loss.

mekes

Deadspin (from the linked McGregor tweet) seems a great website. The first half-sentence of the McGregor article reads -

“Full-time MMA fighter and part-time racist Conor McGregor”

Surprised they didn’t switch it around and go the part-time MMA Fighter, full-time racist route. He is a part time fighter these days after all.

Last edited:
Deadspin (from the linked McGregor tweet) seems a great website. The first half-sentence of the McGregor article reads -

“Full-time MMA fighter and part-time racist Conor McGregor”

Surprised they didn’t switch it around and go the part-time MMA Fighter, full-time racist route. He is a part time fighter these days after all.

I think there's just two guys on Deadspin who cover MMA, and they both hate Conor. One is Patrick Redford, he's the main one I think. They went crazy when Conor told Mayweather "dance for me, boy" during those hype event press conferences.

I actually really like Deadspin. Yeah, they are full SJW, but a decent amount of their articles and/or hot takes around social media are pretty funny. The funny ones are mostly the ones that don't have anything to do with SJW/politics.

I don't think Conor is racist. He's a hooligan, a provocateur. He's called Jose Aldo, Chad Mendes, Cowboy Cerrone, and Mayweather "boy" at different times. It's just something he says.

Some news circulating regarding Tony Ferguson’s wife filing restraining order following five different police reports being filed

The other reports, as posted online by MMA Junkie, describe disturbing details about Tony Ferguson’s behavior over the past few months including:

• Wrecking his home following three days of no sleep and believing someone placed a computer chip in his leg;
  • Throwing “holy water” at his wife repeatedly; (cops advised him to see a professional and told Cristina to give him some space)
  • Claiming “someone was inside his walls” (this was reported during a welfare check where cops couldn’t reach him so they couldn’t do anything about it)
  • Kicking his father out of his house and acting erratically enough to warrant a police call (the report just ends with “Incident closed”).

Most recent case is Tony took their kid and changed all the locks on the home.

Weird

mekes

Tony has always been a little out there and I do worry about him after seeing this news. I hope him and his family are all okay. It’s selfish to say, but I find him one of the most interesting and entertaining fighters on the UFC roster. I’d be gutted if he couldn’t compete anymore.

Weigh in results & programme times.
Main Card (ESPN+ at 4 PM ET)

Darren Till (171) vs. Jorge Masvidal (171)
Leon Edwards (170) vs. Gunnar Nelson (170.5)
Volkan Oezdemir (205) vs. Dominick Reyes (206)
Nathaniel Wood (135.5) vs. Jose Alberto Quinonez (135.5)
Danny Roberts (170) vs. Claudio Silva (170)
Jack Marshman (188*) vs. John Phillips (185) - Marshman fined 20% of his purse

Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 1 PM ET)

Arnold Allen (145) vs. Jordan Rinaldi (145)
Marc Diakiese (155) vs. Joseph Duffy (155)
Nicolae Negumereanu (204) vs. Saparbek Safarov (205)
Tom Breese (186) vs. Ian Heinisch 186
Danny Henry (146) vs. Dan Ige (146)
Molly McCann (126) vs. Priscila Cachoeira (125)
Mike Grundy (145) vs. Nad Narimani (145.5)

Cheering for the scouser as he's the local lad but he makes it difficult to like him.

Askren is here for lols & windup, and we appreciate it. Nathaniel Wood seems like a good lad, and thankfully got the London date he asked for when he fought around Xmas time.

Working through this as it's on at a convenient time for us here in London.

Ben is fun. He’s grown on me a lot.

I’m low key really hyped for this card. There are some BANGERS here. Main event should be great

It’s an ESPN card so it’s paced much better than the PPVs, won’t be a 9 hour event

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
His promos are goofy but I'm glad to see him in the UFC. I don't know why people complain about him being a blanket. His style of control is active, outskilling his opponents not lay and pray. I guess I'm also nostalgic for some of the old style vs style fights and his terrible striking plays into that

I liked Bisping since his season of TUF. That was a good season, he and Matt Hammill from that season later went on to have a really exciting fight where Bisping stole a close decision

His career is pretty remarkable. Great wins under his belt and only lost to super tough opponents

Last edited:

McCheese

Some good fights so far, not sure if it's just BT Sport but they keep switching to audio from a random crowd mic which is a bit distracting and cuts off the commentary.

In the beginning of the second there was a quick exchange at clinch range when Jorge landed a little right hand that looked minor but if you watch it back, Till was clearly affected. He was trying to play it off but his expression changed and looked stunned. The dominoes started falling at that point.

Last edited:
Imagine being like a 6 year old kid and watching your father destroy someone on TV like that. Yikes.

Yeah "Dad when I grow up I wanna be just like him" will hurt.

Edit:
Need a time limit on the poll, a lot of great predictions otherwise.

Also thinking of having a fight night 2019 OT for the smaller events and UFC news and separate threads for the ppvs, thoughts?

Gonna start an OT for the ONE championship coming at the end of this month, its a BELTER.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Crap missed it. Didn't know it was already going on due to time zones.

Saw a replay of the Masvidal KO. Wow. Might be the biggest KO I've seen ever. It's like the strongest guy landing a flush punch to face of an 8 year old virtually killing him.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here it is.

mekes

Masvidal scored a sweet knockout for sure. I’ve seen a few live that come to mind. Live on the TV that is.

Barboza vs Etim was crazy. Hendo vs Bisping. Conor vs Aldo. But the craziest of them all was definitely Yair Rodriguez vs Korean Zombie. That blew my mind. Worth watching the whole fight if you haven’t seen it.

It was a nice clean knockout. Would it make my top 5 all time? Probably not. I think the added emphasis was from Till's lifeless body. He was full on dead'd

Top Bottom