• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFG making new game set in Sleeping Dogs universe (Triad Wars), unveiling 2014

Krakn3Dfx

"So, we’re making a new game! We can’t say a lot about it right now, but you might have read about a trademark registration for something called Triad Wars? Well, we’re super-excited that it’s another game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe, it’s something we’ve wanted to do for ages, and we’re very happy to be working with Square Enix again… but that’s all we can give you for the time being – we’ll have more information about what the game’s going to be in 2014."

http://www.unitedfrontgames.com/2013/10/news-from-ufg/

Can't wait!

Note

Given the name, this may have to do with their new "Persistent Online Experience" push: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659601

They were also hiring a multiplayer programmer recently for a next-gen console title: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510570

We are looking for an experienced network programmer to work with our online team to develop the multiplayer features of our next gen console title. The candidate must have solid C++ programming experience, understanding of network programming models, excellent communication ability, and a passion for creating world class online titles. The ideal candidate will also have been credited on several console titles, worked with multiplayer middleware packages, and have experience with state replication, interpolation, bandwidth optimization, and knowledge of common multiplayer features such as matchmaking, invites, game lobbies, leader boards, stats, etc.

V_Ben

Banned
http://www.unitedfrontgames.com/2013/10/news-from-ufg/

Hi everyone! We’ve been a bit tight-lipped about our current projects over here at UFG, but we’re finally able to give you a little something.

So, we’re making a new game! We can’t say a lot about it right now, but you might have read about a trademark registration for something called Triad Wars? Well, we’re super-excited that it’s another game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe, it’s something we’ve wanted to do for ages, and we’re very happy to be working with Square Enix again… but that’s all we can give you for the time being – we’ll have more information about what the game’s going to be in 2014.

As always, we love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your shared interest in the games we make – although to reiterate, we really can’t share any more details until 2014 (despite your best efforts to get them, you sneaky people!)

Love,
UFG

Glad to see confirmation either way, as light as this is on content! I guess the game did alright in the end.

Speculate away!

Katori

Name makes me think F2P or multiplayer only or both.

A 3D next-gen game (F2P or not) would be okay. A Mafia Wars clone would not.

High hopes, as SD was far superior to lots of open world games and had a great story to boot. Only SR3/4 and GTAV really top it.

Azih

Something more inter gang would be interesting. Sleeping Dogs was almost completely focused on internal politics of one crime family.

MMO would be horrible :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
With a title like that, the fact that he's willing to comment, and considering it's from S-E I think it's likely that this is an iOS game. I want a next gen Sleeping Dogs so bad.

V_Ben

Banned
I suspect this is one of the persistent online experiences given the previous blog post and the name.

You know what? I'm down for that. Give me a bunch of idiots running around a stupidly big Hong Kong with territory control elements. Make it planetside 2 but with more martial arts.

ironcreed

Banned
Music to my ears.They really had something with Sleeping Dogs and I am happy to see them being able to build on that.

Carl

Pretty much sold on the basis that Sleeping Dogs was amazing. Only finished it a few months ago.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Smells like iOS or multiplayer focused.

gta online, but good. Would buy. Open world nonsense, but co-op brawler style missions or shoot outs or what not.

GTA5 is fun, but i much preferred the combat of sleeping dogs.

not expecting some f2p crap. those are usually done by someone else.

Reule

I hope it's not an MMO or something of the sort. Absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs, more please!

One thing I wish GTA V had was the ability to put people in trunks. Endless fun.

Crayons

Banned
I suspect this is one of the persistent online experiences given the previous blog post and the name.

But what if it was an 'AAA' iOS game? :eek:

kGwOuhv.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't think they would wait until 2014 to unveil an iOS game, and I suspect that's not "something we’ve wanted to do for ages" given they could have finished on iOS game ages ago.

Five

Banned
That name is almost as boring as if they just called it True Crime.

Hong Kong was a fantastic place for Sleeping Dogs, but not enough so that I'd want to revisit it (especially if it doesn't even have an alien invasion to change things up), so where do they go that works as well?

Will keep my eye on this, but not excited yet.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Don't get me wrong, I would have zero surprise if they're also putting out long development time iOS games, it's just that I think this is the "turn singleplayer game into pseudo-MMO" plan.

So at best it's Sleeping Dogs 2 for next-gen consoles, at worst it's an iOS game?

It's going to be the latter isn't it.

*cries*

Top Bottom