• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uh, I guess this is the official EGM thread now. Or something.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Link316 said:
I kinda expected it, reviewers just aren't going to change their minds on DW & SW no matter what :mad:

SW2 is quite a signifigant change over SW1 though. This isnt like a madden update DW style here. Someone on the review team must just LOATHE koei action games.

sp0rsk said:
Fun- i think theres no doubt that will be there.

Wii sports isn't a sim. I just think people like mrbob who love their sims will probably hate wii sports on that alone.

I hope its fun but has some sort of depth. I dont want it to come of as beeing a gimmicky one shot type deal. I just dont want it to be a bunch of mini games. i want it to me more like mario tennis type fun 4 player multiplayer games.

BrandNew said:
Heyyy....hahah. Right.

Juuunya.

wii-sports-20060823074132947.jpg

Yoboman

Third parties giving up on PSP? Jeez you'd think this system was going wayworse than it is, the way people go on about it

BrandNew said:
Yeah, the graphics suck. But you're making some pretty effing retarded statements.

Well I think Wii Sports will be awesome... but I am not shocked that they can pump out 30 of these games. I mean they are basically just mini-games...

Don't get me wrong they will be fun though.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
and the girl with the wand looks pretty effing retarded.
i'd hit it like i was a less scrupulous michael bluth

These are rumors people (Sony may have talked Capcom into making Resident Evil 5 a PS3 exclusive... along with Dead Rising 2.) I call BS on all the rumors. I don’t believe capcom rumors.
I don’t believe that Sega will make Rez sequel coming to either the PS3 or Wii.. The original creator doesn’t work at Sega anymore, and REZ also bombed in sales when it came out.

30 wii sports games in one title? That's very un-nintendo like. They'll likely split that up into 3 or more releases.

If they do go with that many, I suspect there'll be some shortcuts,like only one golf course. :(

drohne

that whole picture is terrifying. i don't want to know what japanese chav and eerily genderless gacktalike did to poor retard girl after the shoot. and i definitely don't want to know what that red funnel is for.

Bebpo

Banned
Shawn128 said:
Hey that Asian chick is kinda cute

My browser cut off the girl and I thought you were talking about one of the guys who didn't really look 'that' feminine...it was an odd moment.

drohne said:
that whole picture is terrifying. i don't want to know what japanese chav and eerily genderless gacktalike did to poor retard girl after the shoot. and i definitely don't want to know what that red funnel is for.

Damn man.

Kevtones

Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
The Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
Cheap Trick - Surrender
Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Going to Rock You Tonight
Heart - Crazy For You
Allman Brothers Band - Jessica
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
Dick Dale - Misirlou
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
The Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Sweet christ is that a nice varied mix of awesome songs....longer songs this time it seems as well....good call.

Misirlou is going to OWN, and happy to see them pick Nirvana AND Alice in Chains BEST SONGS. Kick ass.

KINGMOKU

Karma Kramer said:
okay... does that make the graphics acceptable?

I don't think Kubaki Warriors was ever meant to be a good game...
If the game is a blast, I could care less.

Your trying to start an argument, and you know it.

Games that look like last gen, or even N64 era in hi-res still take time to develope. Graphics have ZILCH to do with it.

drohne

AniHawk said:
HOW DARE EGM SCORE A GAME I HAVEN'T PLAYED BUT WILL BUY ANYWAY LOW.

as if we need to play megaman games or koei historical slashemups to know exactly what they're going to be like

sangreal

omg rite said:
are you kidding me? a 6.5? i'd love to read their text on how it's not just as good as the first one. is it too "basic"?

Good: Co-op gameplay, clever puzzles

Bad: Blah laser blasting, vehicle levels

Crispin (6.5) doesn't say anything bad about the game actually

MoxManiac

eh?? Despite some issues i've heard SW2 is the best of the Warriors games. Well, i'm still hyped for it. I've been waiting for the game game since june.

LevelNth

Banned
Nameless said:
EGM tries way too hard...
Absolute truth. It's damn near embarrassingly obvious sometimes; I'm surprised they don't try and tone it down. Their piss poor review articles inadvertantly place too much reliance on the number scores.

- Wii Sports will include over 30 different games.
30 different sports, or 30 different 'games' within the 3 already announced sports?

- Several big-time third party publishers are giving up on the PSP.
Umm, who? Capcom, Namco, Square Enix, Konami, Ubi Soft, EA and Activision all have one or more big name titles coming to the system. Unless of course they mean giving up on it after these games release, which might just be the most idiotic rumor of all time (I'm willing to bet they'll all wait and see how said titles perform before deciding).

- Sony may have talked Capcom into making Resident Evil 5 a PS3 exclusive... along with Dead Rising 2.
I don't really care if it's fully exclusive, time exclusive or whatever, but I'd love to see Capcom make these two titles specifically for the PS3, working towards all it's advantages, and then port them to the 360 afterwards.

- Rez sequel coming to either the PS3 or Wii.
I know Rez isn't exactly all about the visuals, but man oh man, I would love to see what they'd do with the PS3's visual and audio power. Maybe they'll do a different Rez for each? *pipe dream*

- Square Enix is going to announce a "huge" DS game this fall: a strategy RPG based on Final Fantasy XIII.
Matsuno? :lol
I want a game like this on a console ;_;

sangreal

also, apparently BiA: Hell's Highway is coming to Wii (or atleast 'its safe to say'), don't know if thats news or not, but they have an interview with Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software.

Some tidbits:
EGM: Let's be honest...is the Wii merely a souped-up GameCube, at least in terms of graphics?

RP: If we're being honest, then yes...I wouldn't use the word "merely," however. I think the Wii is awesome! It is just that what makes it awesome isn't about computing power--it's about interface, accessibility, usability, and how we think about playing games and interacting with them.

EGM: Has the price for both the PS3 and Wii influenced which system you'll put your focus on for the future?

RP: For now, we are strongly supporting all next-gen systems including the 360, the PS3, and the Wii. Depending upon how things unfold, we are very adaptable and agile. My bet is that both systems will succeed. I am watching the PS3 price point, however, and am most interested to discover how the relative prices will affect the launch season later this year.

EGM: Speaking of the PS3's power, can the games really look as good as the infamous Killzone target video that was shown at last year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3)? Or was that just a bunch of flashy fluff?

RP: It's widely understood that the Killzone target video was, as you say, "just flashy fluff." But there is a lot that was shown in that video from a graphics rendering point of view that is fully within the range of the PS3's potential. We are already doing stuff [in Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway] that is real and is on par with the features that the Killzone video wanted to articulate.

Karma Kramer said:
okay... does that make the graphics acceptable?

I don't think Kubaki Warriors was ever meant to be a good game...

Tetris has horrible graphics, from the GB era. How much less fun does that make it?

Zenith

Banned
Ceb said:
You mean like when they moved Resident Evil 4 from the PS2 to the GC?

or when Code Veronica was locked in as a Dreamcast exclusive? or when they got around the contract with CVX for PS2? or when RE2 got ported to N64...

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
30 different sports in the series maybe... you're on crack if you think Nintendo is going to polish 27 other of these games for launch.

Maybe 4-5... on the first set for launch. Most likely 4. (Ping Pong)

moku said:
If the game is a blast, I could care less.

Your trying to start an argument, and you know it.

Games that look like last gen, or even N64 era in hi-res still take time to develope. Graphics have ZILCH to do with it.

I am not saying the game will be less fun because of the graphics, but that poor graphics = faster development

If Wii Sports had graphics equivelant to Madden 07 (360) then 30 sports for Wii Sports would be extremely impressive. But the fact that the graphics are so poor hinders the impressiveness that there are 30 wii sports.

Read my posts next time.

drohne

what's to polish? nintendo just has to slap a new set of unbelievably crude graphics on their crowd-pleasing "swing your arm around" mechanic.

swing your arm to hit the baseball
swing your arm to shoot the basketball
swing your arm to toss the caber
swing your arm to disembowel the marmoset

these games all but make themselves. they're presumably only stopping at 30 because it's a nice round number.

Speevy

Banned
I have a question.

Wouldn't it make a lot of sense to have a first person perspective for single player Wii tennis, then switch to the 3rd person for multiplayer?

It's never been done, I think it should be an option at least.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
30 different sports in the series maybe... you're on crack if you think Nintendo is going to polish 27 other of these games for launch.

Maybe 4-5... on the first set for launch. Most likely 4. (Ping Pong)

What else will the japanese gamers play at launch, besides Wario Ware and Zelda? The japanese third parties are nowhere to be seen.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
What else will the japanese gamers play at launch, besides Wario Ware and Zelda? The japanese third parties are nowhere to be seen.

My statement was more towards Wii Sports Vol. 1 having 30 games in it. I would only expect Tennis, Baseball, Golf, and probably Ping Pong.

As for other games, just from EAD, there are a couple of games like Wii Music, Wii Party, Wii Aerobics, and Wii Cooking that may make a launch appearance.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
My statement was more towards Wii Sports Vol. 1 having 30 games in it. I would only expect Tennis, Baseball, Golf, and probably Ping Pong.

Yeah, four or five games on one disc seems like a good guess. I don't see why they couldn't have more than one volume available at launch, though.

adg1034

What it seems like people forget is that magazines need to be finalized weeks, if not months before the ship date. So, everyone who's like "OMG DEAD SPACE KKKKKK ALREADY ANNUONCED KKKKK LOL" needs to calm down. Same goes for ONM- back when the magazine went to press, GC 2006 was weeks away, and nobody (except maybe Matt Cassamassina) had seen BWii. It's not a magazine's fault if a publisher decides to move up an embargo date- the magazine just gets shafted.

Ceb said:
You mean like when they moved Resident Evil 4 from the PS2 to the GC?

and you see how it went form bing to a million seller to just an ok hit. I think Capcom might have learned somet hing, plus they seem more multi-console now. Jow would Sony know if Dead Raising wes a hit?? When this Magazine went to press the games was just coming out. The this being a fantasitc seller probaly hadn't reached Sony's ear. Didn't Sony say they were no longer buying exclusives, that they didn't need them??

_leech_ said:
Umm, it did sell over a million.

well Resident Evil on PS1 sold more then a million on just the PS1. Has the Resdient Evil 4on either the Gamecube or Ps2 2 reached those Numbers. I am talking about Resident Evil 4 just on the gamecube, with sell numbers separated from the PS2 sell numbers. In the past Capcom didn't really need to to multiplatform. these days they do. I think Both resident evil 5 and Dead Raising 2 will be multiplatform.

Himuro said:
It's not that. I just don't think Capcom would do that given their original target audience and fans.

just like how this came to PS2:

resident-evil-3.jpg

oh wait... neither REmake, nor RE0, came to PS2, despite the series selling record breaking numbers on PS1.

One thing I've learned over time- never assume anything when it comes to Capcom.

oh... and WTF is with the Rule of Rose score? :\
Oh well, it won't stop me from getting it. :)

Speevy

Banned
Chiggs said:
I bet the RE5 rumor is true, but not the one about Dead Rising 2.

The vast majority of these rumors aren't true. Otherwise, why call them rumors? The possibility that Sony wants the game had been discussed on this forum before EGM's issue. Even the idea that for Japan, no 360 version would be released.

Amir0x

Banned
Speevy said:
The vast majority of these rumors aren't true. Otherwise, why call them rumors? The possibility that Sony wants the game had been discussed on this forum before EGM's issue. Even the idea that for Japan, no 360 version would be released.

EGM has a pretty good track record as per Wario64's EGM rumour thread

Top Bottom