• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK and Japan sales data suggested Sackboy: A Big Adventure is a bomba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t imagine buying Sackboy at full price. I just can’t. If it wasn’t a launch title in a launch title desert it would have sold even less.

Always been a shit character. As an earlier poster said, stop trying to make Sackboy happen.

I’ll definitely play it I imagine but only when it’s free with PS+ or around $10.

Area61

Sony itself killed their own casual gamers with ps4 gen. Last gen was horrible for co-op and casual games library. They need to go a long way this gen to fix the mess.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Stop spreading false information.

From all the Sony published titles, only DS is $70.
That’s with most full priced games. It could be $50 or $60. For some people $60 is a lot of money to spend on a whim. $10 less or $10 more. Jeewiz lol

You could say Godfall looks cool, but you won’t buy it at full price. You could say DS is cool, but you might not want to buy it for $70.

“that game looks cool” means it looks cool, but I won’t buy it.

Last edited:
I think most people know this is likely bound for PS+ early next year. The same can't be said for Demon Souls or Miles Morales.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sackboy is an old school game, great developer, great mascot it’s huge in the states.

SkylineRKR

Astro Playroom is good enough for a platform gaming fix on PS5. Sony should kill off Sackboy. The later LBP games weren't good, the kart game was shit and now this game seems to be unremarkable. I think sackboy is unappealing.

Sony has Insomniac. They have Ratchet and Clank.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Astro Playroom is good enough for a platform gaming fix on PS5. Sony should kill off Sackboy. The later LBP games weren't good, the kart game was shit and now this game seems to be unremarkable. I think sackboy is unappealing.

Sony has Insomniac. They have Ratchet and Clank.

I like Knack better than Sackboy. Sack Sackboy.

down 2 orth

I like Knack better than Sackboy. Sack Sackboy.

Yeah I was just thinking that it was desperation for next-gen content that barely got Knack across the finish line the first time around. I don't see that going for Sackboy. Plus, in terms of character appeal, Knack had that 'so bad it's good' thing going for him.

sublimit

Banned
I'm not surprised by Assassin's Creed Valhalla
But Demon Souls is disappointing
I knew BP should have done MGS1Remake first

Souls games while fantastic are...an acquired taste and are never gonna sell systems
It's a bit hard to play Demon's Souls if you can't find a PS5. ;) And as you say Soulsborne games were never big sellers.

Reactions: TGO
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom